English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 03 July 2018, 14:12   #1
RoC

Searching my small collection for Non-TOSEC ADFs and zone them

EDIT Completed! (17th of August 2018)

The scope was to scan my small collection to preserve the disks with zero-similarities triggered by the ADF-Workshop.

For those interested, you can find all of them in /~Uploads/roc/Possibly_Not_in_TOSEC

Moreover, there are also the Intro Compilations that I packed (a couple of them, together with another guy) back in 1990/1991/1992, assembling the intros that were circulating locally. These five packs are certainly unreleased and none of the intro was done by me. Please note that some of the intros are "inspired" from some other then-existing productions (today I know that, at the time I dind't), however some of them are interesting because the gfx and tunes have been elaborated. I have a detailed list of the 100 prods, highlighiting the existing Kestra's ones from the unreleased and the "inspired" ones. Feel free to PM if you wish to have it.

It going without saying that their contents (intros) belong to the respective owners, I only packed them back in the 1990s.

Uploaded ADFs: (without similarities, thus most likely not in the TOSEC)

Games
  • Soccer Manager Plus (1989)(Starbyte)(IT)[cr] (CRC $69659F38)
  • Block Out v1.0 (1990)(Rainbow Arts)[cr PNA][a3] (CRC $EFEF1EDF) NOTE: I temporarily assigned the [a3] flag, just to highlight this looks an alternative version. To be checked and validated by the TOSEC team, if they would find it interesting.

Intro Compilations
  • Intro Comp 1 (1990) (CRC $2D5AC7EF)
  • Intro Comp 2 (1990) (CRC $451B7581)
  • Intro Comp 3 (1990) (CRC $0BB7409D)
  • Intro Comp 4 (1991) (CRC $D65C3810)
  • Intro Comp 5 (1991) (CRC $91DFAB6D)

Utils/Apps
  • U-Disk 2 (1989) (Javl) [v The Boot Massacre] (CRC $54312294)
  • U-Disk 3 (1989) (Javl) (CRC $B22E8B91)
  • Captured Files 1 (1990) (Resolution 101) (CRC $043B1093)
  • Imploded Disk 2 (1990) (Zero Defects) (Disk 1 of 2) [b corrupt files] (CRC $22519C3B)
  • Imploded Disk 2 (1990) (Zero Defects) (Disk 2 of 2) (CRC $0C785D2E)
  • Photon Paint (1987)(MicroIllusions)[cr HTL] [h GKC] (CRC $8874A6FB)

Demos/Intros
  • Demos pack 3 (1991) (Captain Blood) (CRC $D0DF73CA)
  • Demos pack 4 (1991) (Captain Blood) (CRC $A216D4D7)
  • Demo (1990) (Fab) (CRC $A67AEF8D) NOTE: Looks like Fab is the name of the releaser. Renamed accordingly.
  • Demo 2 (1990) (Fab) (CRC $D7636520) NOTE: Looks like Fab is the name of the releaser. Renamed accordingly.
  • Demo 3 (1990) (Fab) (CRC $2B6982C0) NOTE: Here ADF-Workshop spoils some little similarity with unrelated contents, however I believe this is because the disk is mostly empty and was likely re-utilised from a previous prod.

Misc
  • Source Assembler 19 (19xx) (Subsoftware) (CRC $F0171DAF)

-----------------
Details:

I have been working behind the scenes. Like in many projects, I enlarged its scope :-)

- Imaged most of my floppies all over again with ADFer. This was done to deal with some issues I found in the 1998's ADF set (Saddam virus). Unfortunately when I imaged them in 1998, the Amiga got infected. New set is okay, because the FDDs were actually clean.
- Installed the fab ADF-Workshop with its database to facilitate the similarity's check.
- Got access to the EAB upload FTP area. From now on, all the uploads will go in there: /~Uploads/roc/Possibly_Not_in_TOSEC
- Renaming them according to the TOSEC naming convection.
- Including the CRC in the description.
- Upload these ADFs alongside their ADF-Workshop reports (with the most recent database I could find, which is dated 2017 2018 (thanks to Chip's advice))
- Once the exercise is completed, inform the TOSEC and Kestra teams in case they wish to evaluate the files for eventually adding some if not all of them. Update Kestra has uploaded some of them

Criteria:
- Upload files with zero similarity in the ADF-Workshop

For those interested, I am going to upload the few new ADFs that I am going to discover and update this post accordingly.

Last edited by RoC; 21 October 2018 at 11:36. Reason: Completed that activity
Old 03 July 2018, 14:40   #2
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
For the time being, I am going to zone them. Once I become elegible for the FTP upload area, I would place them in the NON-TOSEC that DamienD created.
You mean this directory roc: ~Uploads/DamienD/NON-TOSEC [20-02-2016]?

To be honest, this is quite old and I'd imagine most is now in TOSEC...

Also, you cannot save into there as you don't have the rights... you can only upload to your own ~Uploads/<username> folder (and directories created underneath) on the EAB File Server.
Old 03 July 2018, 15:51   #3
RoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You mean this directory roc: ~Uploads/DamienD/NON-TOSEC [20-02-2016]?

To be honest, this is quite old and I'd imagine most is now in TOSEC...

Also, you cannot save into there as you don't have the rights... you can only upload to your own ~Uploads/<username> folder (and directories created underneath) on the EAB File Server.

Thanks for the clarification Damien.

In order to create the ~Uploads/<username> , do I need the FTP upload account?

I am close to the elegibility of 50 posts anyhow. Once I reach that number, I can place the request and donate my small amount for contributing to its running costs.
Old 03 July 2018, 15:56   #4
DamienD
Global Moderator

I believe it gets created at the same time as your account

...if not let me or Turran know and we'll create it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
I am close to the elegibility of 50 posts anyhow. Once I reach that number, I can place the request and donate my small amount for contributing to its running costs.
Once you have 50 posts then you can create your account by going here: https://www.grandis.nu/eabadduser/
Old 12 August 2018, 13:41   #5
DamienD
Global Moderator

@roc; did you forget that you can apply for an account now given that you have over 50 posts
Old 14 August 2018, 22:42   #6
RoC

Searching my small collection for Non-TOSEC ADFs and zone them

Quote:
@roc; did you forget that you can apply for an account now given that you have over 50 posts

Hi @DamienD,

Yes I did apply and got access to the FTP upload area. I decided to ADFer all the disks again, however now I have a cauzy place to store the files. So far I found few disks without similarities in ADF-Workshop but better than nothing.

Admittently I got also “distracted” with the FleaFPGA that it now is up to speed.

Now I actually started to upload the files in the upload area

Last edited by RoC; 15 August 2018 at 22:58.
Old 17 August 2018, 13:00   #7
RoC

Quote:

It is all done
Old 17 August 2018, 21:27   #8
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoC View Post
It is all done
thanks.
Please upload all disks, those alternate disks are often useful for comparing reasons!
Old 18 August 2018, 11:13   #9
RoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
thanks.
Please upload all disks, those alternate disks are often useful for comparing reasons!

Appreciate the positive feedback Mai

It took longer, because the Saddam virus destroyed some of the ADFs from the 1998 set, however the physical FDDs were okay.

The remainder have been uploaded into: /~Uploads/roc/For-Mai

They are not renamed according to the TOSEC NC. Moreover, I didn't deeply investigated beside the ADF-Workshop report, because whenever showing "similarity" I thought they were not that relevant.

Last edited by RoC; 18 August 2018 at 11:21.
Old 18 August 2018, 13:53   #10
Crashdisk

Thanks RoC for those files, we'll take a closer look. Don't worry about Saddam virus, he's one of the rare viruses whose damage is reversible (with ADF-Workshop among others).
Please do not remove viruses or modify disk contents. TOSEC is a preservation project

Last edited by Crashdisk; 18 August 2018 at 15:38.
Old 31 August 2018, 21:51   #11
RoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
Thanks RoC for those files, we'll take a closer look. Don't worry about Saddam virus, he's one of the rare viruses whose damage is reversible (with ADF-Workshop among others).
Please do not remove viruses or modify disk contents. TOSEC is a preservation project

Ok. I scanned again the FDDs exactly to keep them original.

By the way, thanks to you, Mai and the other TOSEC people for your preservation efforts over the years