English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 31 July 2012, 21:01   #1
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

suitably weird network problem

Okays. I've now tried three different TCP/IP stacks, Genesis, EasyNET and MiamiDX.

Genesis doesn't let me do anything.

Easynet allows me to ping any device connected to the network, but refuses to go "outside" and onto the World Wide Internet.

MiamiDX let's me browse the web and do FTP and all sort on the 'tinternet, but refuses to ping the internal network....

I kinda wonder if it's the router (a NetGear preconfigured for Sky Internet, UK) that sends messages that MiamiDX and EasyNET interpretes differently?

All that said, what I REALLY want to do, is to setup an FTP on the iMac or the Windows, and then connect to said FTP from the Amiga. Alternatively, I can set up the FTP on the Amiga and then upload from Win or the iMac. So as long as I can use fx EasyNET on the "inside" and use the network to transfer files to and from the Amiga I'm really not fuzzed.

So, what FTPserver is adequate for the Amiga, OR Windows, OR the iMac?
I've found "AmiTradeCenter to be adequate for connecting to AmiNet, so I have a fair FTP-client for the Amiga, I've got FileZilla for Windows and I guess there's no big problem using FileZilla for the iMac either, seing as they've got a Mac-version which is downloaded and tested as well.

(iMac is runnig Mountain Lion, if that's any help)

Oh. And if there's a need to manually edit the ftp.conf file, I'm fine with that... I just want something that works

Last edited by Doc Mindie; 31 July 2012 at 22:41. Reason: wrong router, renamed
Old 01 August 2012, 00:25   #2
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

guess who's a happy camper!!!

Using BulletproofFTPServer, setting it up was a bit of trial and (t)error, but it's finally working. using windows as the SLAVE it is, serving the Amiga and the windings has been put in its place!!!

So. I guess I may have to do a little step by step guide for anyone else who might be interested in setting up the windings as a SLAVE to the far superior computer