English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 08 September 2017, 22:43   #541
hyperlogos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlogos View Post
Ordered up an ACA1221EC from amigakit. I hope it goes out soon
It did I've got it. Nice fast shipping, well packed, etc etc.

I'm now fiddling around with setting it up, which could be slightly more intuitive. It would be nice if more of the commands would provide a little more help with options, e.g. with CPU frequency settings.

The place I'm currently having an issue is interaction with the PC card. My A1200 does not have any PCMCIA reset fix installed. For instance right now I have the jumper set so I can config. If I leave my PCMCIA NIC (D-Link DFE670TXE) installed, then the jumper setting seems to be ignored. The card boots up with the full memory. If I then unplug the card, the system reboots, and comes up with 1MB RAM as it is supposed to in this mode. I can then plug in the card and it works correctly.

Also, acacontrol and acaclock disagree on the speed of the card. I set it with acacontrol. acacontrol says that it is 28.38. acaclock says that it is 42.56. I want it to be 28.38. Who is right? I think it's best that it comes up at a lower speed, so I don't think I want to change that.

I did have two of the four caps to remove on the bottom of the board, so I removed them. The system hung while running AIBB, which is not an ideal result. I do not have a trapdoor installed, and my Ami does have feet on. It's pretty warm in here, though, and maybe it was running at 42.56 MHz at the time.

Last edited by hyperlogos; 08 September 2017 at 22:52.