English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 16 October 2016, 18:43   #1
CavemanUK

Can the amiga mouse be emulated with a joystick.

Hi,

Im making a custom joystick mapping for a few games where I need both joysticks set up but there is a trainer on the beginning of them that requires mouse input. Is there a way to use the joystick to move the cursor and click an item rather than having to change inputs while in game?

Thanks

Old 16 October 2016, 19:09   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@CavemanUK

Welcome to EAB =)

Now I am unsure if it will work with games, I have my doubts, but you can use the most excellent JoyMouse, by Jonathan Potter - This allows you to use a joystick (in the Joyport) to control the mouse pointer - you can find JoyMouse on Aminet by clicking here

Alternatively you can get a Joy/Mouse auto switcher, there are a few on eBay to look at, some very clever ones that allow you to use a USB / PS2 and or wireless optical mouse =)

I hope that this works for you.
Old 16 October 2016, 20:02   #3
Cobe

JoyMouse and similar utils work with system friendly multitasking games. Trainers dont sound promising for this.

If the game is whdloaded, maybe you could give it a go and run it with jotd's CD32load and its built in virtual mouse.

Or you can just circle with joystick in port 1. Roughly circling in one direction will lower the pointer and in other will move it upper. Red is LMB, second fire button is RMB. I wouldn't think that in any trainer you need precise mouse positioning.
Old 16 October 2016, 20:28   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@CavemanUK No, FS-UAE does not (yet) emulate mouse movement properly with gamepad input. It has been on the to-do list for some time...
Old 16 October 2016, 21:48   #5
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

I would like to see this added to Fs-UAE also...

But then I would also support more mouse games having optional patches in their whdload slaves to do the same...