English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 11 February 2013, 17:57   #261
ShanePelican

I have uae4all2 working perfect on my Galaxy Note 2 using the latest release of the emulator on their homepage. Fantastic emulator and by far the best on android with Amiga 1200 and wdl support. If it had the simplemouse emulation of the omega 500 app that is on the google market then it would be perfect. Fantastic effort and thank you for making it.
Old 27 February 2013, 00:17   #262
VRil

I have a problem Uae4all SDL installed. I can not add the path to the adf or hdf file .The emulator does not see the sd card.
You can not walk on directories.

Once I normally emulator see ADF or HDF file can
was normal to walk around the folders on the internal or external SD.

Now it installed it on another ROM (if it matters) and when I try to add the path
access in the emulator, I can not navigate through the directories. Emulator can not see
file structure.

Last edited by VRil; 27 February 2013 at 12:14.
Old 27 February 2013, 15:28   #263
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubomyr View Post
uae4all2 and puae will be support usb pads only when libSDL will be have support this pads. I sent your request to pelya (libSDL developer).
Sorry to ask again but do you know if this has got any further (in puae or uae4all2)?

The only reason I end up sometimes reverting to using uae4droid is that that's the only android amiga emulator that still supports external usb pad controller configuration.

Last edited by Baboon; 27 February 2013 at 18:28.
Old 27 February 2013, 18:09   #264
VRil

Ok solved the problem - Factory Reset
Old 27 February 2013, 23:05   #265
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
Sorry to ask again but do you know if this has got any further (in puae or uae4all2)?

The only reason I end up sometimes reverting to using uae4droid is that that's the only android amiga emulator that still supports external usb pad controller configuration.
Author of android port of libSDL which used for control in uae4all2 and puae published at google-play interesting utility named as 'Input events logger'. Probably it for adding support external usb pad or other external devices for control. But i recommend contact direct to pelya. If libSDL will be support this usb-pad then for me not hard re-build new version uae4all2 and puae.
Old 28 February 2013, 16:42   #266
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Author of android port of libSDL which used for control in uae4all2 and puae published at google-play interesting utility named as 'Input events logger'. Probably it for adding support external usb pad or other external devices for control. But i recommend contact direct to pelya. If libSDL will be support this usb-pad then for me not hard re-build new version uae4all2 and puae.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you point me in the direction to where I can contact him to ask?
Old 01 March 2013, 21:18   #267
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Today pelya informed me, about libSDL from 23.01.2013 already supported external usb-pad
uae4all2 published at google-play builded 30.01.2013 must support it. Try. and post result.
I recommed uninstall version from website, because googleplay and website version have different signed. Also requirements Android 4.0 or higher

Just downloaded and installed from the playstore. Using usb otg I can define buttons but i cant assign anything to the dpad so I can't control anything?

I've tested it with 4 different usb pads (which all work fine with other apps on my galaxy s3) and its no joy as when you click to define phisical key it doesn't register the direction inputs?
Old 06 March 2013, 01:17   #268
ShanePelican

My ps3 wireless pad works great on UAE4ALL2-SDL installed off the website using the app sixaxis controller on my rooted galaxy note 2. The dpad works and the square button acts as the joystick fire button.
Old 06 March 2013, 21:26   #269
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Any of these work with an XBox 360 controller?
Old 06 March 2013, 21:44   #270
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiriad View Post
Any of these work with an XBox 360 controller?

I set my nexus 7 up to use my xbox controller, but havent tried in puae yet.
Old 08 March 2013, 14:32   #271
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I set my nexus 7 up to use my xbox controller, but havent tried in puae yet.
I've also not tried it with my xbox controller yet (i guess using the usb/bt joycentre app?)... but on my usb snes pad, and sega sls saturn usb pad the d-pad doesn't register anything? I always found the d-pad on the 360 controller horrible though?

I contacted Peyla and he replied saying he will take a look at it saying "dpad should just work, so it's probably a bug. I'll test it with uae4all2 when I have some free time".
Old 08 March 2013, 19:28   #272
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
I've also not tried it with my xbox controller yet (i guess using the usb/bt joycentre app?)... but on my usb snes pad, and sega sls saturn usb pad the d-pad doesn't register anything? I always found the d-pad on the 360 controller horrible though?

I contacted Peyla and he replied saying he will take a look at it saying "dpad should just work, so it's probably a bug. I'll test it with uae4all2 when I have some free time".
Or the config isnt set right on the emulator side.
Old 09 March 2013, 23:57   #273
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreedo View Post
If an Amiga emulator was actually made that the developer put some effort in, I doubt you'd even need 1GHZ to run it...

The N64 emulator and PS1 emulators can run 3D games at 30 & 60FPS respectively, with a 1GHZ CPU, so I don't think an Amiga emu would need more.

EDIT: Just tried Nitro Cracked by Horizon on UAE4Droid, that goes to a blackscreen after the cracktro.
This shows lack of technical knowledge. Both consoles came relatively late and neither runs code that talks directly to the hardware, reducing emulation almost completely to CPU emulation+replacing bios/lib calls. Both also use established graphics paradigms; almost all the games are made with standard, textured polygons.

Amiga is one of the most complex platforms to emulate due to the often tightly relied upon interaction between many DMA channels and the chipset+CPU (not to mention 3 "processors" to emulate).

Just a clarification for posterity.
Old 10 March 2013, 14:24   #274
olesio

@lubomyr: I want to ask again, beacuse you wrote some time ago in this thread:
Quote:
olesio,
If you hear sometime sound 'breaking' then your device not enough fast, and solve problem can only increase frameskip in uae4all setting.
Game control complete binding with libSDL. We can only via sdl-setting increase number of on-screen buttons and remap it. Also we can not use internal on-screen control, and use external on-screen game-keyboard as 'QuickJoy IME' with remaping via sdl-setting (not tested).
But it is possible in next version of your emulator to avoid situation like for example in games "Pang" or "Mortal Kombat", when you pressing fire button twice, a second controler is activated and you must control both players at the same time? It will very useful to fix that somehow. Adnd I do not use external programs like QuickJoy IME or other external controls while playing under your emulator.
Old 10 March 2013, 18:51   #275
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by olesio View Post
@lubomyr: I want to ask again, beacuse you wrote some time ago in this thread:

But it is possible in next version of your emulator to avoid situation like for example in games "Pang" or "Mortal Kombat", when you pressing fire button twice, a second controler is activated and you must control both players at the same time? It will very useful to fix that somehow. Adnd I do not use external programs like QuickJoy IME or other external controls while playing under your emulator.
I read some documentation from openpandora port of uae4all2 also checked source code and found interesting things about joystick fire button:
A/X: Joystick fire button (depends which mode button mode you are in, see section 4.20)
X/A: Up on joystick (used as jump in platform games, etc. depends which mode button mode you are in, see section 4.20)

A = SDLK_HOME (assigned by default in android port to on-screen button'1')
X = SDLK_PAGEDOWN

You can try (via SDL-setting) re-assign to on-screen button '1' replace HOME to PAGEDOWN
or add additional onscreen button '5' and assign code PAGEDOWN to this button
Probably it also solve correct work with pressing and releasing fire button in some games as sensible soccer or others

Last edited by lubomyr; 10 March 2013 at 21:48.
Old 11 March 2013, 11:48   #276
ShanePelican

On some games on uae4all2 I get graphic crashes and glitches on certain games when they load. Could somebody test Lotthar Mathaus football as an example please? It loads on Omega 500 and UAE4droid ok. Tried different options like 1.3 kickstart a500 etc. This crashes on both Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S2.
Old 11 March 2013, 13:46   #277
olesio

@lubomyr: thanks that help. But unfortunetly you are wrong in case of properly releasing key. I do not had problem in SWOS with fire, but when we set button "1" as PageDown, ofcourse in games like "Pang" or "Mortal Kombat" - second controler does not respond. Super. But in games which worked normal, before like "Lotus 3" I must set it again for Home, because holding fire control for acceleration do not work, because emulator "think" I holding and releasing fire in something like instant loop. Maybe it is possible to add new position in settings to set fire for Home/PageDown without restarting emulator and easy access to it? And if it possible in next version to do something with stability of some WHDLoad games. Because for example "Superfrog" exit right after few moves in first world and first level. When you come to moment where you can grab wings. Maybe it is possible to do something with that bug. And sorry for my bad English, as always
Old 11 March 2013, 14:43   #278
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanePelican View Post
On some games on uae4all2 I get graphic crashes and glitches on certain games when they load. Could somebody test Lotthar Mathaus football as an example please? It loads on Omega 500 and UAE4droid ok. Tried different options like 1.3 kickstart a500 etc. This crashes on both Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S2.
uae4droid and omega500 uses standart code for emulation 68000 cpu.
uae4all2 uses new FameC-engine for fast emulation 68020 cpu.
FameC-engine still not perfect for complete emulation. But we can not refuse this code because without it, we can't do fast 68020 emulation(support kick3.1, aga etc). maybe one day ever it will be fixed.
Old 11 March 2013, 15:03   #279
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

@olesio
If you want use Home/PageDown without restarting emulator you can remap on-screen buttons for example
HOME - to on-screen button '1'
PAGEDOWN - to on-screen button '2'
I still not ready answer to next part of question, maybe later.
Old 11 March 2013, 21:01   #280
ShanePelican

Quote:
uae4droid and omega500 uses standart code for emulation 68000 cpu.
uae4all2 uses new FameC-engine for fast emulation 68020 cpu.
FameC-engine still not perfect for complete emulation. But we can not refuse this code because without it, we can't do fast 68020 emulation(support kick3.1, aga etc). maybe one day ever it will be fixed.
Ok thanks for your reply. And thank you for bringing a top amiga emulator to us android users