English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 15 June 2008, 17:56   #1
The Yeti

At the car boot...

Bah! that's another two car boot sales i've returned from empty handed Just a rash of unboxed gba games, one tatty megadrive, and a couple of pc towers.

Does anybody find any gems at these things nowadays?....060's, A4000's? I need some nice meaty success stories to keep my spirits up

Old 15 June 2008, 18:18   #2
Boot_WB
Novice in the Black Arts

Which ones were those?

Newland Homes (St Nicholas Primary School) and Walton Street?

Regards

Rich
Old 15 June 2008, 19:01   #3
The Yeti

Dene Park and Walton Street

Old 15 June 2008, 21:08   #4
Amiga1992

I found a copy of Days of Thunder the other day, abandoned beneath piles of casettes (it had the casette box).

Also, the Computer Exchange in London (near Notting Hill gate station) has SHIT LOADS of boxed Amiga games. You people should check it out. Nothing took my fancy and I didn't have an SPS wanted list with me to check, but there are shitloads of them for a tenner or less. Also some speccy games.

No more hardware though ;(
Old 15 June 2008, 22:30   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Bummer, upstairs used to be full of spectrums, C64, Vic20's, Acorn archimedes... you could hardly move.

All the good stuff has probably been transferred to their "Retrogames" shop somewhere else in london.

Did you go to the one on Rathbone Place? It was always more of a console shop, but downstairs they had retro.
Old 15 June 2008, 23:35   #6
Amiga1992

They had no downstairs as far as I could tell, and had nothing but mostly DVDs and nextgen videogames

The Notting Hill place doesn't even have the upstairs floor available for customers anymore.
It's a shame I arrived late :P I asked the guy if they had any hardware and he said no.

Anyway, for those who might want to check it out, don't be fools like me who have to go more than once :P . It only opens Saturdays now.
Old 17 June 2008, 02:56   #7
Harrison
classicamiga.com

I've not found any decent retro items at a car boot sale in a very long time. Very depressing coming away empty handed. Although if I did I would have to make sure my other half was distracted otherwise she would do her best to stop me buying more "old junk" :
Old 06 September 2009, 20:48   #8
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

I went to a car boot sale near Dewsbury this morning, and came away with a boxed Amiga 500 for £4! I haggled her down from £5. I got a lot of looks walking back to the car with the huge box, I even overheard one guy saying "Wow, an Amiga 500, that's a blast from the past!".

I have to say, though, it's the first Amiga-related item I've seen at a car boot sale for a very long time. There tends to be lots of worn-out dusty PS2's these days.

I got the A500 home, and now that I've had chance to inspect it, it's actually in very good condition. Slightly yellowed around the spacebar area, though. Polystyrene inserts are present, together with internal box for PSU and cables. I opened the trapdoor and found an expansion board, so I'm double pleased with it now! It says "PF501" on it, and I can't find it on the BBoAH. Anybody have any more information on this board?

Steve.
Old 06 September 2009, 22:37   #9
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJGore View Post
I opened the trapdoor and found an expansion board, so I'm double pleased with it now! It says "PF501" on it, and I can't find it on the BBoAH. Anybody have any more information on this board?

Steve.
Sounds like it could be a Commodore A501 expansion (512k)