English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 26 March 2002, 01:51   #1
OctaMad

Smile Urban Shakedown Sample Collection!

If anyone's interested i've just dumped this 6 disk collection, which includes a 4-track mix of 'some justice', just let me know and i'll put it up on the zone.

If anyone wants just the MOD I can upload that too.

Old 26 March 2002, 09:35   #2
Tim Janssen

Smile Put it in the zone

Yes, please. I have only seen the 'Some Justice'-video once all those years ago on MTV -or was it Super Channel? I think the song was quite good but cannot remember it well.
If you would put the mod in The Zone I would be very grateful.
Old 26 March 2002, 19:14   #3
OctaMad

Smile

All in the zone now, enjoy.

Old 28 April 2002, 16:17   #4
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

Angry ARRRRRRRGGGHHH!!

Damn saw this post too late...............SORRY but can you please put it in the zone again mucho thanks!!!!!
Old 29 April 2002, 08:50   #5
Tim Janssen

Unhappy Cannot play Urban Shakedown mod

@Thinlega,
Thanks for bringing this topic back again.
I downloaded the Urban Shakedown Mod a couple of weeks ago and was under the assumption I could play it in Cubicplayer (a DOS musicplayer on PC). To my surprise it could not recognise the Mod-file! Now I do not know this also occurs in other musicplayers.

Anyway, if Octamad does not upload the mod I will post it Wednesday in The Zone. (Hmm, it seems I make way too many promises on this board ).
Old 29 April 2002, 19:38   #6
thinlega

Roll on wednesday!!!!:welcome
Old 30 April 2002, 13:13   #7
OctaMad

Hi Thinlega, sorry it's taken a while but to say i've been busy is a bit of an understatement, anyway I have uploaded the mod here for you. If you're after the sample disks LMK.

@Tim, I've never used Cubicplayer so I couldn't say why it doesn't play, but the MOD is in Octamed 5 format. If you need a player for it i've uploaded the freeware Octamed player for Windows to the link above which works with it. Won't help much if you only have DOS but I haven't got any DOS players.

Old 30 April 2002, 19:26   #8
thinlega

just tryed to download mod..........but looks like a bad link

Yeah! can put up the full 6 disk sample collection!! you would be helping me make my amiga music comeback!! mucho thankS!!
Old 01 May 2002, 02:33   #9
OctaMad

Ooops sorry, the links fixed now and the sample disks are there too.

Urban Shakedown Files

Old 01 May 2002, 22:34   #10
thinlega

Super thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

just wondering have you done any music yourself.....??? i would love to hear some!!
Old 22 March 2009, 17:18   #11
cinningbao

Would I be a fool thinking these downloads were still available somewhere?
Is thinlega still around these parts?

cheers

Old 25 March 2009, 15:10   #12
denbob1200

any one got these sample disks still? if so could they please up them to the zone please please please
Old 25 March 2009, 17:28   #13
OddbOd

A quick google for Urban Shakedown sample disks leads here which points you to the disks you seek, located here. Class dismissed.

Homework: The original video download - if anyone has a better copy please get in touch.

Last edited by OddbOd; 25 March 2009 at 20:24.
Old 25 March 2009, 18:05   #14
Crown
Demoscener

Yeah, and I am interested in the mod files.

Anyone?
Old 25 March 2009, 21:07   #15
OddbOd

If memory serves me correctly the MED mentioned in the first few posts is some justice '94.mmd1, an otherwise unpublished remix ripped from the VideoTracker demo of the same name.
Old 01 December 2009, 09:26   #16
mulder

Hi. I worked with Gavin (Aphrodite) and Mickey in the late 90s. I had the sample disks myself, and I'm sure they are still all copied to my hard drive in my A1200. The mod that came on the disks was different to the one in the Some Justice 94 demo and wasn't really a remix of Some Justice, it just used the same samples.

Contrary to what I've read elsewhere, Aphrodite definitely wrote the music for the demo, so was directly involved in that side of it, but not the visuals which were knocked up by somebody else in VideoTracker.

Old 01 December 2009, 14:49   #17
ami_junkie

Ez mate, you`re not the same mulder who released a hardcore breaks track about year or so back? Would love to get a hold of the Some Justice samples though, would be great to have a play around with them.

Old 01 December 2009, 16:29   #18
Kitty

I can supply the real mp3 tune if anyone needs it pm me.
Old 01 December 2009, 18:39   #19
mulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami_junkie View Post
Ez mate, you`re not the same mulder who released a hardcore breaks track about year or so back? Would love to get a hold of the Some Justice samples though, would be great to have a play around with them.

Yep.

The samples aren't all on the disks, just the Run DMC break, the bass (which is just a sine wave in the synth section of Octamed, you have to eq the top end off to cut out the whistle you get from it) the stab and maybe a couple of other bits, but not the Ce Ce Rogers vocal part.

I was still using an Amiga up till 2003 btw. I just used Octamed to sequence my Akai S5000 instead. Aphrodite stopped using it around the same time.

You can buy Some Justice at http://oldskoolmp3.trackitdown.net/a...shakedown.html and probably a few other places too.

Old 01 December 2009, 23:37   #20
ami_junkie

Nice one mate, that is an absolute class tune you did, I still cain it out here in Japan when DJing. That`s wikid to know that you were using OctaMED as well, I *try* to write old skool and hardcore breaks as well under the name of dj fuzzbuzz, was using the Amiga up until around 2005 then switched to Renoise on the Mac but been wanting to create some tunes old skool style with the Amiga again and OctaMED Luckily I have Some Justice still on vinyl back in the UK.

Actually maybe you could help me mate, really want to write some proper tunes on the Amiga again cause my knowledge of OctaMED is much better than Renoise or the other software I use. For a cheap set-up what would be equivalent to the Akai S5000? Or is it quite cheap now?

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
Yep.

The samples aren't all on the disks, just the Run DMC break, the bass (which is just a sine wave in the synth section of Octamed, you have to eq the top end off to cut out the whistle you get from it) the stab and maybe a couple of other bits, but not the Ce Ce Rogers vocal part.

I was still using an Amiga up till 2003 btw. I just used Octamed to sequence my Akai S5000 instead. Aphrodite stopped using it around the same time.

You can buy Some Justice at http://oldskoolmp3.trackitdown.net/a...shakedown.html and probably a few other places too.

Last edited by ami_junkie; 02 December 2009 at 05:59. Reason: Just wanted to ask one more thing.