English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 09 September 2022, 00:30   #1
ImmortalA1000

I want to make a HAM6 lace slideshow....tools or docs?

Title says it all really, there is a very very old image that was on the original Newtek Digi-view powered demo (I think).

What I would like to do, now that I have found the original source of that sci-fi artwork, is to honour the Amiga OCS with the rest of the images from that book in a HAM6 interlace slideshow. Not just any slideshow, this will be an OCD freak's 'do it until it is 100% the best it can possibly look' level of about 20 images.

What I need at the very least is some docs on how to go about this as far as scripts to be executed by Amiga DOS, sadly my half century old memory has not survived diabetes well at all, and something that will just display the images until say a mouse click and then return control to the script which runs the program to display all the images.

What would be nice is a program that will load an IFF sample into memory and play it on a repeated loop as a background, again from a script command.

With the digital world we live in today and the ease with which it is to get these images were were trying to digitize as ready to rock professionally scanned multi-megapixel images it seems a shame we can't bust the myth that the Amiga HAM mode is a fringe happy bitch. Let's bust some myths
Old 09 September 2022, 00:37   #2
Matt_H

Bunch of options on Aminet: http://aminet.net/search?query=slideshow (both slideshow makers and existing slideshows you might be able to adapt).

ViewTek might also be able to do this: http://aminet.net/package/gfx/show/ViewTEK21.
Old 10 September 2022, 02:24   #3
ImmortalA1000

Thanks I will check those out. Once I have found the Gotek and got it sorted I can transfer what I have onto real disks and see what they look like on my 1986 Trinitron via my A1000 then work on turning them into a slideshow when they are suitably 'wow'