English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 18 September 2012, 16:47   #1
MethodGit

Jetstrike AGA save disk with later missions

I'm looking to see if the hidden manual protection in this game can be cracked, but I'm hopeless at flight sims (even simplistic versions like this one) and the AGA version does not use passwords like the ECS version.

I've heard there are supposedly two different manual checks in this game or something? I'd love a real Jetstrike expert to give me the full rundown on this game which nobody has bothered to crack already for some reason.

Ta!
Old 19 September 2012, 21:10   #2
clenched

The floppy saving does work. Press fire on the Zoned savestate to see the protection screen.

Last edited by clenched; 22 September 2012 at 17:34. Reason: correction in bold
Old 19 September 2012, 21:55   #3
MethodGit

That was years ago though? Would've thought Toni had fixed any issues related to the game by now.
Old 20 September 2012, 14:42   #4
MethodGit

Well, this is turning out to be trickier than I thought. For some reason, if I press the Shift key at any point (to do a Shift+F12 for the debugger window) - regardless of if I press it before or after loading the savestate, the game then refuses to acknowledge my pressing of the fire button to allow me to progress. Also, if I go to HRTMon and then back out again, the screen resolution is stretched/warped and again it doesn't acknowledge any button or key presses.

Also also, on the protection screen itself, pressing any key once will suddenly end the check and bring the objective for the next mission up. This doesn't really make sense as the screen clearly asks you to type a word in, not choose the correct letter. I don't know if this is Prestige screwing things up or not, but then according to past posts they never cracked the game to begin with? *Sigh* Think I might need to ask for original disks of both the ECS and AGA versions just to be on the safe side, as I think whoever compiled the WHDownload versions simply used the "cracked" disks as their source.
Old 20 September 2012, 16:40   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You can enable debugger without "leaking" key presses to Amiga side with END+F12 combination.
Old 22 September 2012, 17:37   #6
clenched

The disk saving works after all, just not the way the directions say. In the Zone is an ADF made just before the protection screen. This mission will have to be flown before it is seen.

The auto-eject stops after a certain level. This means only one life despite the number of aircraft left. Be prepared to eject or the whole level reloading will have to be started over. F1 is the game to load, the rest are empty.
Old 28 September 2012, 20:55   #7
clenched

So far it has been clear sailing after the first code check. I am stuck on mission 99 though. A new save disk is in the Zone with numbers representing next level to be loaded. [5,11,18,25,36,46,55,63,74,85]
Mission 96 is the start of a new disk in progress.

When the game is reloaded from scratch and mission greater than 11 is loaded from disk, the code check pops up first thing.

EDIT: Somebody had trouble with CD32 game too.
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=741316&postcount=1
and a more detailed description
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost...67&postcount=6
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost...00&postcount=8
If anybody wants a crack at level 99, give a shout and I will upload a savestate.

Last edited by clenched; 03 October 2012 at 19:14. Reason: update