English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 14 September 2023, 01:44   #1061
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to comment about two things that you tell and in which I've been working on. Casuality?- The first one is that for using RTG for real (not in WinUAE), you need to disable CyberbugFixAga first, which is the "magic" that AKReal uses for AGA to be able to have so much ram available.

So as I've told you, in my next (very soon I hope) update of AKReal it will be this one

And if you already have RTG and you started from AGA so your wallpapers and all around now looks like crap in your Real machine... There will be another option now to use more colors and look wonderful

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 September 2023 at 01:58.
Old 18 September 2023, 23:07   #1062
Karpow
...generations ahead

First of all, thanks for tips.

I did as you suggested. Disabled CGXAGA and Birdie. Reboot. Then I installed P96 (latest version) and ZZ9000 drivers. Reboot. Everything looked go smoothly. ScreenMode shows ZZ9000 screen modes but as soon as I even *test* RTG screenmode, machine crashes. A4000T actually reboots but RTG screen gets stuck on the monitor. I need to power off my machine before it goes away. I like to point out that ZZ9000 screenmodes under barebones OS3.9 (with boingbags) installation works just fine.

Any ideas what I should try next?
Old 23 September 2023, 01:31   #1063
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpow View Post
First of all, thanks for tips.

I did as you suggested. Disabled CGXAGA and Birdie. Reboot. Then I installed P96 (latest version) and ZZ9000 drivers. Reboot. Everything looked go smoothly. ScreenMode shows ZZ9000 screen modes but as soon as I even *test* RTG screenmode, machine crashes. A4000T actually reboots but RTG screen gets stuck on the monitor. I need to power off my machine before it goes away. I like to point out that ZZ9000 screenmodes under barebones OS3.9 (with boingbags) installation works just fine.

Any ideas what I should try next?
Come on... Are you using ZZ9000 drivers?. I don't have an idea about what's that. Yep: "Drivers for the MNT ZZ9000 graphics and ARM coprocessor card for classic Amigas."... From 6 months ago.

Just think: Can I emulate such thing on WinUAE?. I don't think so. If I could... But now.. what can I tell you?. JUST ASK THEM is the only answer. if you use such thing.

To be clear: If you install whatever hardware (I'm not going to buy and try "your whatever hardware", and it has to work on WinUAE. That's mandatory to ask later about whatever problem you find.

And also... (Sorry because I don't have an idea): Why don't you keep with Picasso screen modes, why do you need to use those problematic ZZ9000 graphics?. Excuse me because I don't get the point.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 October 2023 at 00:50.
Old 24 September 2023, 19:50   #1064
EsseEmmeErre

Lord Year 2023, September 24th,, Sunday
Hi here, I have made my personal palette for FullPalette that is the following:
Colour 0>175,175,175
Colour 1>17,17,17
Colour 2>238,238,238
Colour 3>175,75,75
Colour 4>75,175,175
Colour 5>37,87,53
Colour 6>125,125,37
Colour 7>125,81,37
Colour 8>125,37,37
Colour 9>125,37,125
Colour10>37,37,125
Colour11>37,125,125
Colour12>175,75,75
Colour13>175,125,75
Colour14>175,175,75
Colour15>75,175,75
Try them and let me know.
I have few mouse pointers also drawed by me but I do not know how to share these with you ATM!
Enjoy!
Old 24 September 2023, 20:02   #1065
EsseEmmeErre

Lord Year 2023, September 24th, Sunday
Hi here again!
A question to Retrofan: Why do not include Horny, the freeware MIDI sequencer by Timo Kloss that is present on Aminet?
It requires a password from the author only.
I have tried it into my AKReal system on my real Amiga 1200 but it does not drive my MIDI musical instruments!
I suspect that it fails without the CAMD accessories; on myselfmade system there is Music-X 1.1 fully working that seems to solve the problem!
Try it!
Old 25 September 2023, 01:29   #1066
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsseEmmeErre View Post
Why do not include Horny, the freeware MIDI sequencer by Timo Kloss that is present on Aminet?
It requires a keyfile not a password, it is now open source and you can get the keyfile here:

https://github.com/timoinutilis/midi...stem/horny.key
Old 26 September 2023, 22:48   #1067
Karpow
...generations ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Come on... You are using ZZ9000 drivers?. I don't have an idea about what's that. Yep: "Drivers for the MNT ZZ9000 graphics and ARM coprocessor card for classic Amigas."... From 6 months ago.

Just think: Can I emulate such thing on WinUAE?. I don't think so. If I could... But now.. what can I tell you?. JUST ASK THEM is the only answer. if you use such thing.

To be clear: If you install whatever hardware (I'm not going to buy and try "your whatever hardware", and it has to work on WinUAE. That's mandatory to ask later about whatever problem you find.

And also... (Sorry because I don't have an idea): Why don't you keep with Picasso screen modes, why do you need to use those problematic ZZ9000 graphics?. Excuse me because I don't get the point.
The thing is that Picasso96 doesn't support directly ZZ9000 at the moment, yet it's required. User needs to install Piccasso96 first with Altais driver and after that ZZ9000 driver to bring up ZZ9000 P96 screenmodes. Hope this will change in the future and make things more straight forward.

I was hoping that someone has already had this issue and that's why I asked. I have previously tested AmiKit with A4000D/060/CyberVision 3D and that setup had no problems what so ever. I guess I am the first one to try this out on the hardware I have now.

I am going to get bottom line on this issue and if... WHEN I find the the solution, I will post it here.
Old 02 October 2023, 01:01   #1068
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Lord Year 2023, September 24th,, Sunday
Hi here, I have made my personal palette for FullPalette that is the following:
Colour 0>175,175,175
Colour 1>17,17,17
Colour 2>238,238,238
Colour 3>175,75,75
Colour 4>75,175,175
Colour 5>37,87,53
Colour 6>125,125,37
Colour 7>125,81,37
Colour 8>125,37,37
Colour 9>125,37,125
Colour10>37,37,125
Colour11>37,125,125
Colour12>175,75,75
Colour13>175,125,75
Colour14>175,175,75
Colour15>75,175,75
Try them and let me know.
I have few mouse pointers also drawed by me but I do not know how to share these with you ATM!
Enjoy!
Sorry, but.. personal palette for fullpalette?. It was REBEL and Cammy the ones you should try to contact, just to comment about his great palette developed after years of investigation. Later PeterK improved it just a tiny bit and that's the one included on AKReal. Why do you think that you can improve such a great work?. Sorry because I'm a bit rude.

In any case, do not discuss with me. Tell your nightmares to PeterK, the guy who knows about palettes and icons.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 October 2023 at 01:16.
Old 02 October 2023, 01:13   #1069
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Lord Year 2023, September 24th, Sunday
Hi here again!
A question to Retrofan: Why do not include Horny, the freeware MIDI sequencer by Timo Kloss that is present on Aminet?
I have tried it into my AKReal system on my real Amiga 1200 but it does not drive my MIDI musical instruments!
I suspect that it fails without the CAMD accessories; on myselfmade system there is Music-X 1.1 fully working that seems to solve the problem!
Try it!
I don't actually use or try MIDI, sorry... BUT I do love people telling what to add for AKReal. But please explain your opinion or your problems with Midi (or whatever): Do you recomend to add Horny and... What's that? Music-X 1.1?. Anything else?. Please tell. Thanks a bunch.
Old 11 October 2023, 02:19   #1070
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Now we are very near to have the next update. I've been working with the developer of AmigaGPT (just telling him that it was already working here from time to time) to include it here, and since a few days ago, it is already working.

Another thing: A "friend" of mine has passed me his drawing that is not his own, but just a modification of an existing drawing. I just can't include this as the iGame image just because I don't have the permission. You can see what "he" is telling about:

But he also has a smaller image; the one that you would need, once converted to iff:

What a pity that I can not include those images in my update.

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 October 2023 at 03:02.
Old 23 December 2023, 23:42   #1071
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

INSTALLING RTG graphics having a Vampire or a PiStorm

Hi mates. Merry Chrismas

As you may know, a new AKReal 9.2 update has been released for Free a couple of days ago: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=217
I've upgraded many things, but also some options are there just to make it easier to change from AGA to RTG if you have a Vampire or a PiStorm.

Let's start from the beginning:

Many people are now using Vampires or (much more) cheap PiStorms. Now I own both of them and I love them.
There are a couple of Distros both for Vampire and also for the PiStorm that are using very similar configurations.

So I just want to tell or remember that if you are using any of them, which use the HDMI output, you can keep that CF as the main HD in your Amiga, while booting from another HD ...

SO you ALSO HAVE THE OPTION TO BOOT FROM THE INTERNAL IDE:

- Just add a CF HD with AKReal to your internal IDE like you used to make and Now, allow the system to boot from there (DH0) this way:

RUN from a Shell on your RTG system (Vampire or PiStorm) first:
C:ChangeBootPri DH0 0” .

Now, after a reboot you will boot from the IDE HD

- Once that you are running AKReal in 16 colors, if you want to use RTG, you may use FIRST the new “Change_CGX_Aga&Birdie” Script in Tools to disable some things before, this way:

1- Search for “AmiKit:Tools/Change_CGX_Aga&Birdie” and click on that icon-script.

2- Click on “Disable CGXAga&Birdie”.
3- To have more free ram even, you can also change your screenmode to 4 colors before rebooting and making the changes.
3- Now you’ll have enough ram to boot after a reboot.

- After booting without CGXAga, then you must install the necessary RTG drivers both for the Vampire or for the PiStorm.

First you should install the Picasso Drivers from Aminet: https://aminet.net/package/driver/video/Picasso96

A) Having a PiStorm:

The necessary drivers are here, inside a folder called Videocore: https://github.com/michalsc/Emu68-tools/releases/

In Assets there are the Emu68-tools nightly builds.
So, you may have:

DH0:Libs/Picasso96/Emu68-VC4.card
DH0:Libs/Picasso96/VideoCore.card

B) Having a Vampire:

- You must install the Saga Drivers for it: https://aminet.net/package/driver/other/SAGADriver

- Later, if your pointer doesn’t look good, you can use another option in Morpheuz by clicking on Preferences and then on Pointer to use another one.

After rebooting and selecting your screen mode; once that you are running with RTG, you should first restore Birdie this way:
1- Search for “AmiKit:Tools/Change_CGX_Aga&Birdie” and click on that icon-script.
2- Click on “Enable Birdie”.

After a reboot, then you can Improve images and options for RTG with Morpheuz:

1- Click on Morpheuz
2- Click on Preferences
3- Click on Better Config and then Continue.
4- Then on RTG and then on Improve. That’s All to have a nice RTG configuration.

Using RTG as told, you can move “PowerWindows” from Sys/WBStartup/Disabled to Sys/WBStartup or Sys/WBStartup/Enabled.

After a reboot, now you can move Windows out of screen, which is amazing .

Please share an image of your Amiga using AKReal

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 January 2024 at 23:08.