English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 08 September 2011, 06:00   #1
Cooljerk

Stardust loading times?

I have stardust and I'm trying to run it on my CD32 with an Analogic floppy drive. When I first boot up the game, I get the intro without any problems, but as soon as it's over (or I press a button to skip it) the screen goes black and stays that way. After a few moments, the loading light on the disk drive goes off and I get nothing. I've waited as long as 10 minutes before and it never advanced.

I have super stardust for the CD32 and it does the same thing. Do these games have ridiculously long load times or is something going wrong?
Old 10 September 2011, 15:42   #2
Vollldo

I don't know the answer about the loading time off these games on CD32 but well... to wait 10 minutes with a black screen means that yes at 100% your cds of stardust have some problems . If not and if this is the normal loading times, i sell my amiga and become a priest loool .

The floppy version have correct loading times by the way, i mean not enougth to order and eat a pizza hehehe .

Old 12 September 2011, 21:59   #3
Cooljerk

Ha, I figured the load times were long, but I'd always heard about the legendary load times of pre-90's computing, so i figured just maybe...

turns out, btw, that the stardust CD has a scratch in it, which I'm thinking might be the problem. I also read that the analogic floppy drive occupies a small bit of ram, which is just enough to make larger games like stardust not work. Bummer.
Old 16 September 2011, 14:04   #4
Vollldo

Yes it is possible, some games are using every bits of RAM to work. Try to unplug your floppy drive so to see what will happen . You can also check your cd version on stardust by running it on WinUAE. Ask here someone who knows the cd32 emulation with WinUAE, the last time i tried was many years ago.