English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 24 May 2013, 15:40   #61
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Sorry I'm not good with WinUAE, dunno.

Edit: This is my WIP 3rd update (yes, I've begun). To start, a complete WB2000 remodelation:

Last edited by Retrofan; 25 May 2013 at 02:05.
Old 25 May 2013, 01:16   #62
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Getting this with some of my games, even though kick34005.a500 is in that directory.

Also OperationWolf runs way too fast

EDIT : Works fine with FS-UAE :9

Last edited by Neil79; 25 May 2013 at 01:27.
Old 25 May 2013, 01:41   #63
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
EDIT : Works fine with FS-UAE :9
I seriously doubt that with FS UAE it doesn't tell you the kickstart is wrong.

Edit: (PM on the way too). BTW Have you posted something about this on your web? Hehe... I like to read...
Edit2: And please, post (here) photos of the Real version only.

Last edited by Retrofan; 25 May 2013 at 02:20.
Old 25 May 2013, 01:57   #64
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I seriously doubt that with FS UAE it doesn't tell you the kickstart is wrong.
Oh it does!

Happened with a bad install before, gave kickstart errors. I think it's just a corrupt kickstarter on the Amikit side from me. So i'll try again to fix when I get home
Old 25 May 2013, 15:45   #65
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

All fixed regarding devs:kickstarts, thanks for the pm help!
Old 13 October 2013, 12:32   #66
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

We are happy to announce the release of new full and update archives of Real AmiKit v0.4 beta.

Free download available at: http://real.amiga.sk/

New features include more applications and a better WB2000 taskbar with four options how to install it: Full, Half, Lite and Light, so you can select the best option for your system (graphics vs speed). You will find new icons, patterns, and NetSurfAGA Beta. New wallpapers were added as well. We are introducing new custom made Magellan menu bar.

New MorpheuZ option called "Preferences" allows you to choose from different configurations of Workbench2000 and TinyMeter or lets you install eg. 060 CPU library. It is advised to run MorpheuZ right after the installation of full archive so you adjust the options according to your taste. If you plan to update your previous AmiKit installation, those options can be set during the update process.

Thanks a lot to Thomas Richter for the MMULib, Michael Sinz for Enforcer, PeterK for his icon.library, Gibs for AmigaParachute and Arti for his NetSurfAGA conversion. Also thanks to Novacoder for his help on this last, Thomas like always, and to James for his great tips betatesting it.

Enjoy!
Old 18 December 2013, 02:35   #67
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Real AmiKit v0.5 released.

We are happy to announce the release of new full and update installers of Real AmiKit!

Free download available at: http://real.amiga.sk/

New features include new programs like BDWatch, BDSlide, WBStartup++, BlackBorder and many more and two new Start Menus for Magellan - now they are located on screen's title bar! TinyMeter dock bar is also new - for those who prefer to use Workbench instead of Magellan. You can configure it using MorpheuZ.

Several programs have been added to Startup-Sequence to speed up the system (and now, if you have an ACA, you can copy ACATune to "C" folder using MorpheuZ.) The commands to use the ACATune have been improved too; now we are using them in Startup-Sequence and in User-Startup through MMU.

Beautiful desktop clocks were added too (see screenshots below). There's a new booting song by Gibs (which you can choose in Startup-Sequence or if you are updating from v0.4 the installer lets you listen to booting songs first and then you can choose the one you like the most). New wallpapers were added as well. ShutDown button has been added to Tools.

Thanks a lot to Thomas for his help with installer, programs, etc, PeterK and James for their support, Mfilos for some tips and to Gibs for his great booting song. Also thanks to Guido Mersmann for VBRControl, MattHey for CopyMem, Thomas Richter for SaferPatches and PoolMem, Jens from Individual Computers for his ACATune, again to PeterK for MinStack and to all the betatesters that have given support trying it.

We are also releasing the so awaited and absolutely new Mattahan's Icons Set. This is an optional add-on for Real AmiKit v0.5 and higher. The icon set is intended for WinUAE or Amigas with powerful accelerators using enough amount of colors. The installation is reversible, of course. Many thanks to Mattahan for his permission to use his png icons, and also to JKSKetchy and to BlackCatLove1 for their permission to use the wonderful Black Cat as an icon for the AmiKit volume.

Merry Christmas!

Old 19 December 2013, 19:13   #68
Reido

Looks great, thanks.
Old 19 December 2013, 20:23   #69
groundplayer

Just installed on my 1200 with 060 blizzard. Had to copy 68060 librarys over, otherwise everything is working great ! Much faster with my config and i like the new icons ! Thankyou again Retrofan !
Old 19 December 2013, 20:46   #70
lukassid

New icons are very nice indeed. Well done mate.
Old 19 December 2013, 20:53   #71
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundplayer View Post
Just installed on my 1200 with 060 blizzard. Had to copy 68060 librarys over, otherwise everything is working great ! Much faster with my config and i like the new icons ! Thankyou again Retrofan !
Thank you for trying it. You already have the 060 library if you use MorpheuZ, preferences, CPU libraries since the 04 update. I can not leave them installed so it has to be the user using MorpheuZ :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
...You must know that the installer will only copy the library of the accelerator you are going to use. If you select for example an 030 and later you want to use an 060 you can run the new MorpheuZ option, "Preferences" and select it, or copy it from the MMULib program in AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion, or you can also run again this installer and select that Cpu.

Why? Because if you run Enforcer and SegTracker from the s-s and you have all the libraries there, a message like this will appear:

"68060Lib Installation Alert. The 68060 library requires a 68060, do NOT use it on a 68040. No exceptions, no excuses, no discussion. It won't work this way."

So I'm only installing what you select.

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 December 2013 at 22:31.
Old 19 December 2013, 21:16   #72
cpiac64

can test on 500 with aca500 or need different cpu and more ram?
Old 19 December 2013, 21:51   #73
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiac64 View Post
can test on 500 with aca500 or need different cpu and more ram?
I would like to know. You need of course to connect another accelerator to the ACA500, with 16mb of ram, and you should disable the booting image on the s-s and store AmiDock on the Disabled drawer. If it works right with ECS and your accelerator tell me and I can send you the booting image remapped to 16 colors instead of 256 that it has.
Old 25 December 2013, 21:13   #74
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AmiKit Live Update 1.6.7 Released

AmiKit 1.6.7 LIVE update (Dec-2013):

- UPDATED: BDSLide 2.5 by Thomas Rapp (Real AmiKit 0.5 only)
- UPDATED: BDWatch 1.4 by Thomas Rapp (Real AmiKit 0.5 only)
- UPDATED: Codesets Library 6.16 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: IconLib 46.4.330 by Peter Keunecke
- UPDATED: MCC_BetterString 11.26 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: MCC_NList 0.117 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: MCC_TextEditor 15.42 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: MCC_TheBar 26.14 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: OpenURL 7.14 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: playOGG 131208 by Lorence Lombardo
- UPDATED: SimpleMail 0.40 by S.Bauer and H.Schlawack
- UPDATED: WHDLoad 17.2 by Bert Jahn

It is advised to run this Live Update after installing the 05 version, as it updates BDWatch and BDSlide on it, but won't be installed in previous versions.

Last edited by Retrofan; 25 December 2013 at 21:18.
Old 25 December 2013, 21:25   #75
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

thank you retrofan,
it seems that christmas is not yet over !!!
Thank you man !
Old 12 June 2014, 21:28   #76
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Real AmiKit v1.0 released

We are happy to announce the release of new full and update installers of Real AmiKit!

Free download ava¡lable at http://real.amiga.sk/

Now including new programs like Riva or ToolsDaemon for Workbench, new FullPalette preferences (so now if you use sixteen colors your Ken's drawers aren't grey anymore), six new themes, more wallpapers, a drawer full of working radio Streams that you can use for example with AmiNetRadio, new options for MorpheuZ so you can use a faster Dock Bar for Workbench or Scalos without CPU meter, some more mods added, new boot sounds by DJNick and many small details changed on backdrops or images used on Workbench2000, on the TinyMeter Menu bar or with the icons used with the Start Menus.

Many thanks to Thomas for his great help with the installer, updates of his programs, etc, PeterK for his FullPalette preferences and support, James for his tips to improve it all, Stephen Fellner for Riva, Bernd for his help with AfAOS, DJNick for the booting sounds and to all the betatesters that have given support trying it.

The update installer will also update the Mattahan's Icons Set for those that are using it.

Have fun!

(No graphic card used in the screenshot, just 256 colors.)

Last edited by Retrofan; 30 July 2014 at 00:34.
Old 12 June 2014, 21:44   #77
Amicol

Looks excellent! I'm going to try this tomorrow!
Well done Retrofan
Old 12 June 2014, 23:59   #78
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks Amicol. Remember you all have got the Support Thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67562&page=14

I also comment that because there are a lot of options; you can ask how to change the wallpaper, how to put that watch or whatever. For Workbench there are also more options; now you've got ToolDaemons that gives you some more options on the menu, or you can also use -just selecting it with MorpheuZ, Preferences, TinyMeter, Dock Bar- a new transparent Dock bar for Workbench that I've made with Tinymeter.
Old 13 June 2014, 10:57   #79
groundplayer

Just tested both update and full version in winuae and realmiggy (1200+mediator+68060+voodoo), both work great. Had couple of crashes with installer, turned medi and voodoo off, and update went fine. BIG ThankYou Retrofan !

Last edited by groundplayer; 15 June 2014 at 09:42.
Old 15 June 2014, 21:31   #80
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Great . A video would be also wonderful