English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 March 2005, 12:33   #101
numb

My favourite of all was the zip stick. I had a clear cruiser aswell, which was okay but not really as sturdy as the zip stick. I've been through various joysticks over the years, most of the ones with taller sticks broke quite easily.

I really dont like the feel of those Python sticks, although when I was younger I know a few of my mates swore by them.
Old 05 March 2005, 15:52   #102
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
I can't wait to get the stick in the mail... I'm just not sure which Amiga to set it up with, might just use it on the CD32 for now until I move out and have room to set up my A1200s and A500s and A600 and A2000s again.
Old 11 March 2005, 14:17   #103
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
I got my Quickshot arcade style stick today... only one of the buttons works, and one of the switches is broken. So I opened it up to try and fix it, put it back together, and it's no better... in face left and right don't work now either !!!

Is there something I can stick inside the contacts where the little rubber things press on the circuit board for the buttons/stick that will make them work again... or could it be the wires and stuff ?
Old 12 March 2005, 09:04   #104
BlaCkAdDa
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to BlaCkAdDa
TAC 2 all they way, but boy did my thumb on the button get sore after an hour of hammering it!
Old 14 March 2005, 04:31   #105
Adeptus
epun umop ap!sdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32
I got my Quickshot arcade style stick today... only one of the buttons works, and one of the switches is broken. So I opened it up to try and fix it, put it back together, and it's no better... in face left and right don't work now either !!!

Is there something I can stick inside the contacts where the little rubber things press on the circuit board for the buttons/stick that will make them work again... or could it be the wires and stuff ?
Could be the wires (and stuff )
Also try cleaning the contacts with metho
Old 09 October 2005, 00:15   #106
NightSprinter

Never got to try a ZipStick or a Comp. Pro, but I can say I've never been disappointed with my Wico Command Control bat-handle, or my Suncom TAC-2 (got two of the latter). I do sorely miss my MegaDrive.. er, GENESIS (so used to calling it by the original name.. "Genesis" just seems awkward now..) 3-button Arcade Power Stick.. was fairly comfortable with the wrist-rest to the left of the joystick. Also, the TAC-2 used neither leaf or micro switches. It had a contact area for a metal ball on the bottom of the handle to create a complete circuit for directions last I looked (yeah, I have a habit of taking thigns apart and puttin' em back together).

For whoever was talking about the joystick shaped like the Phaser from StarTrek, that was actually Atari's own "Space-Age Joystick" for their ProLine series.

Old 12 October 2005, 13:48   #107
Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira

- Competition Pro / Any Competition Pro is like, THE classic Amiga joystick. ....

- Suncom TAC-2 / From the C64 days, I acquired one of these a few months ago and I got to use it two days ago. EXCELLENT joystick, one of the best I ever used. It just controls like a dream. One great buy.
Comp Pro I have is clear with Red buttons... though my best one was black with red buttons.

I have just got hold of a TAC-2 ... smooth... but will take time from adjusting from the Comp Pro ... especially using it as a hand held (as opposed to table resting).
The TAC-2 is less painful on the hand as the Comp Pro joins dig in.
Old 12 October 2005, 20:23   #108
Jope
-

The TAC-2 would have been otherwise ok, but the awful firebuttons ruin it.

Of course it's possible to install microswitches there, but ... :-)
Old 02 December 2005, 10:28   #109
snarkhunter

vintage Joysticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus
... Sounds like the Navigator (also by Konix I believe).
Yes, it was indeed the "Navigator" by Konix. I still have three Konix sticks at home : my brother's old "Speedking" - that even survived the C64 era ! - , then another "Speedking" with the autofire button (never used, still brand new in box ; was intended as a replacement stick, but since the former one never failed...), and a "Navigator", which I never used much, for the stick control was not as accurate as the Speedking's...

I personally never had any better joystick and still consider this kind of a "sheer perfection" : sturdy, very accurate and responsive, etc.

I'm now considering getting a parallel 4-player adapter, because playing Amiga games in WinUAE with a PSX-like pad is far from satisfying...

Kind regards,
sh
Old 02 December 2005, 20:18   #110
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

there are only two joysticks of merrit my friends

The one that is bundled with the Atari 2600 (last forever!) and the Quickshot Mk2 Turbo!! (yes the red one with the black rubber side grips)

just the best...
Old 02 December 2005, 20:32   #111
lopos2000
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0
there are only two joysticks of merrit my friends

The one that is bundled with the Atari 2600 (last forever!)
I wish it would. When I first got the Atari 2600 I played Pac Man until the early hours. Day in day out. And after a week i needed a new stick.
Old 02 December 2005, 20:45   #112
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

thats some ruff action there lopos!!!! LOL
Old 02 December 2005, 21:02   #113
lopos2000
Zone Friend

Winning at no cost. That high score is mine.
Old 02 December 2005, 22:02   #114
Stein

Ergo Stick
Old 03 December 2005, 16:15   #115
SWOS

Zipstick

the black one with the two yellow buttons ...
Old 03 December 2005, 16:21   #116
Graham Humphrey

I like the ZipStick. Shame my fire button broke - I'm left-handed so the one I used stopped working, but the other one works fine so it's now useless to me. Now I've got 4 broken joysticks.
Old 03 December 2005, 16:22   #117
SWOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey
I like the ZipStick. Shame my fire button broke - I'm left-handed so the one I used stopped working, but the other one works fine so it's now useless to me. Now I've got 4 broken joysticks.
why dont u try to fix it or something ... if u dont have a clue then try one of those shops that repairs electronics/tv's..etc
Old 03 December 2005, 16:50   #118
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

I was always a fan of the Konix SpeedKing
Unlike the Zipstick you could hold it in your hand comfortably without
the need of a surface to put it on.
It was also very fast.

Old 05 December 2005, 21:15   #119
bravo

My fave joystick was the Zipstick the only joystick i didn't brake,

another fave was the Cruiser i remember the colour pretty well, lime green with pink buttons,

had a Konix Speedking didn't like the shape felt odd when holding it,

how many times did you brake them Atari ones, when you moved the stick you could hear the bits of plastic moving around,
Old 07 December 2005, 17:39   #120
DamienD
Banned

So many memories... I used to have the Quickshot (same one as Rebel-CD32 + keropi).

I also used to have a few Konix SpeedKing...

These days I use a Xbox controllers via a USB adapter and of course my favourite: the HotRodSE.