English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 21 March 2008, 03:42   #1
Van Denhawk

amiga 1200 no picture

hiI have come back to amiga after a long time and am sorry for this newbie questionjust got a used 'desktop dynamite' pack amiga 1200 and it powers up, but I don't get a signal on my TV set when I connect it straight to my TV set. I got an rf lead. there are two sockets at the back of amiga a "comp" one and a "modulator" one, which one do I connect the lead to from TV?I've done some research that I may need a modulator but on the desktop dynamite box it says "built in modulator plugs straight in TV"I am confused can anyone help?

Old 21 March 2008, 04:48   #2
JDunlap

Hi, and welcome to the EAB. If using RF, you would plug the cable into the modulator plug. Another option would be to use the "comp" plug and connect it to a video in on your TV. You do not need a modulator to connect a 1200 to a TV. The 500 required an external modulator, but the 1200 does not.

Hope this helps
Old 21 March 2008, 04:49   #3
EmuChicken

TV> modulator... Composite is a different lead altogether

A1200 comes with a modulator inbuilt, so you dont need that ridiculous box sticking out the back (like the A500), there also may be a switch you may have to flick over next to it, but Im not sure.....
what I am sure though is you need to TUNE IT IN on the TV :>
Old 21 March 2008, 13:20   #4
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Van Denhawk

Hello there,

Welcome to the EAB, there is plenty of mischief to get upto around here so, please, make yourself at home and enjoy the chocolate coated yummyness of retr0-dom that this fair board provide

now... IF yout TV has SCART then i must insist that you get an RGB to SCART cable, its the best signal performance you can get! not only that but newer TV's like LCD and Plasma pannels with RGB Scart IN can actually Scan Double the signal for better visualizations

heres some linkies

eBay Amiga RGB Scart

and our very own AmigaKit

The latter might be slightly more expensive, but i, as well as quite a few others here, attest to thier fast service and great customer support!

now... what ever you do DONT buy a composite SCART lead thinking its the same thing (thats the one with a composite yellow cable, and two phono's) these are woefully inferior to RGB SCART

anyway i do hope this info helps...

good luck