English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 25 January 2013, 22:28   #41
mark_k

I don't know. If you know any free file hosters that allow anonymous downloading let me know.

You don't need a paid account, a free one should let you download. If you're concerned about giving a real/important email address when you sign up, you could register for some webmail service, then use that email when registering for a account.
Old 25 January 2013, 22:39   #42
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

https://www.dropbox.com or http://www.sendspace.com allow anonymous downloads (sendspace might throw some popups if you're not using AdBlock though).
Old 25 January 2013, 22:57   #43
emufan

mark_k: try mirrorcreator. it will upload to different sites at the same time.
choose your local file, add some mirrors and "start uploading". thats all

some more like that:
http://www.uploadonall.com/
http://multiupload.biz/
10-multi-upload-sites-host-file-mirror-links/
Old 26 January 2013, 09:58   #44
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Using the config I attached above, boot it and type gobsd MULTIUSER. For me, with A2065 enabled it hangs at the login prompt. (So that problem probably wasn't related to the floppy bug.) With no A2065 you can login.
Seems to be another undocumented hardware feature, this time in A2065's 79C90 "C-LANCE" chip. NetBSD code does not clear IDON-status bit which is normally set when chip has finished initialization. This keeps interrupt state active continuously which causes the problem. Nothing in documentation mentions anything about it getting automatically reset.

I think this is driver bug which accidentally works with some/all revisions of 79C90 chip. Need to find and check driver change logs..

EDIT: Slightly adjusting INIT/STRT/STOP bit emulation seems to have fixed it.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 26 January 2013 at 11:48.
Old 26 January 2013, 10:30   #45
neozeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
How do you boot it? It only boots to WB = I immediately lost interest completely
oh I thought it did.. sorry

sys:
loadbsd -a netbsd
Old 26 January 2013, 17:23   #46
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2600b4.zip

Beta 4:

- Fixed 68030 MMU MOVEM to memory wrong bus error data output buffer value.
- 68030 MMU FMOVEM didn't work if it caused bus fault.
- 68060 MMU non-locked Read-Modify-Write bus error bits emulated.
- SCSI emulation: reject >0 LUNs also when LUN is included with SCSI Identify Message.
- IDE single drive setup should return zero when accessing non-existing slave drive's status register.
- A2065 emulation initialization tweak, fixes NetBSD 1.0 hang.
- CDFS didn't use CD led (FS)
- Blitter logging/debugging command line option added (was compile time previously) -blitterdebug x (1 = logging, 2 = writes to blitter register while already active logging, 4 = disable D channel, 8 = immediate blitter even in cycle-exact mode)
- Support display setups that have two (or more) horizontal DDFSTRT/DDFSTOP regions. Fixes Subtle Shades / Nuance "face" part. (There is still some small glitches on left side of text part, later..)
- Some remaining instant reset conditions replaced with halted state.
Old 26 January 2013, 18:52   #47
mark_k

If you add a SCSI/IDE CD drive then select an image file, the Path field in the list of drives doesn't update to show the just-selected file. It does update if you click on the CD drive entry in the list.

Also, if emulation is running and you resize the emulation window, the HD and CD indicators disappear from the status bar. (They reappear when they are next redrawn, typically at the next disk access.)

Last edited by mark_k; 26 January 2013 at 20:01.
Old 27 January 2013, 09:50   #48
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
If you add a SCSI/IDE CD drive then select an image file, the Path field in the list of drives doesn't update to show the just-selected file. It does update if you click on the CD drive entry in the list.
Can't duplicate. Changing CD image or drive letter updates the Path field instantly.

Quote:
Also, if emulation is running and you resize the emulation window, the HD and CD indicators disappear from the status bar. (They reappear when they are next redrawn, typically at the next disk access.)
Fixed.
Old 29 January 2013, 15:28   #49
mark_k

Quote:
Can't duplicate. Changing CD image or drive letter updates the Path field instantly.
It happens for me in Wine and Windows Vista. Run WinUAE. Click Hard drives in tree view. Make sure no CD image is selected; click Eject if necessary. Click Add SCSI/IDE CD Drive button, select e.g. IDE0 and click Add CD Drive. Click Select image file and choose an ISO image. The path field in the list of drives isn't updated, but does update if you click on it.

The list-not-updating-until-you-click-it also happens if you have a CD drive already configured and select a new image file.
Old 29 January 2013, 15:56   #50
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Ah, you didn't originally say you had to use "Select image" button = I used the most easiest method: CD image history select menu.

Which of course was the only method that automatically refreshed the harddrives listview
Old 01 February 2013, 17:31   #51
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2600b5.zip

Beta 5:

- RDB hardfile dragndrop to hardfiles panel added empty hardfile.
- Windowed mode bottom border "led" state didn't always match OSD led state.
- SCSI emulation improved, select and transfer starting from 0x45 can be used to receive data.
- SCSI emulation WD33C93 is now correctly detected as revision A, not B. (only B has Queue Tag register)
- 68060 MMU: BFCHG, BFCLR, BFSET and BFINS are read-modify-write instructions.
- GUI IDE/SCSI CD path was not updated in harddrive list when CD was changed using "Select image file" button.
- 68040/060 MMU emulation fix, PFLUSH/PFLUSHN only flushed supervisor space ATC. Hopefully this was the last major 040/060 MMU bug. Weird NetBSD and Linux crashes are gone.
- Subtle Shades / Nuance remaining graphics glitches fixed. (NOTE: ECS only, OCS has corrupted graphics and it is correct behavior)
- GUI "Swap Ports" cleared custom mappings.
- 68040/060 no FPU/disabled FPU exceptions now include correctly calculated EA field. This should allow "compatible" 040/060 FPU emulation with correctly handled missing instructions in the future (currently 040/060 FPU always supports all 68881/2 instructions)
- Added new keyboard custom event type, "kbr <string>". For example 'kbr "abc " SHIFT_LEFT "abc" shift_left RETURN' generates "abc ABC<return>". Input name in upper case = press, lower case = release. Quoted string automatically sends both press and release key codes. Any unreleased keys are automatically released at the end. Non-quoted names are same as input event config names without KEY-prefix. (inputevents.def in source archive)
- Adjusted drive step limit value slightly, Extemporized / Digital works again.
- Fixed virtual mouse driver mouse movement problem (b1)
Old 02 February 2013, 08:16   #52
msayed1977
Better than the Original

Great work, Toni.
I would like also to tell you something that may please you:
The AGA bug I mentioned before in a separate thread has (almost) gone when testing Beta 5.
Go on.
Old 02 February 2013, 13:16   #53
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msayed1977 View Post
The AGA bug I mentioned before in a separate thread has (almost) gone when testing Beta 5.
Does it also happen in b4? B4 had some blitter DMA channel disabled fixes I forgot to mention in change log.
Old 03 February 2013, 14:52   #54
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2600b6.zip

Beta 6:

MMU emulation is now considered mostly done. Some minor bugs probably still exist but Amix, NetBSD, Debian Linux, Enforcer and WHDLoad MMU option seem to work fine.

- SCSI and IDE emulation HD and CD read and write commands are now executed in background thread, slow devices (for example real optical drive) won't temporarily pause the emulation anymore.
- ATAPI CD emulation didn't support split data transfers. Fixes NetBSD installer unpack error.
- Show also error code converted to string if HD to HDF image creation fails.
- Added mostly useless CD list to CD drive GUI. (Someday there will be more than 1 option)
- Do not allow multiple identical HD/CD controllers (if not UAE).
- Increased size of ATAPI data buffer and added size checks. 65536 was too low. (Debian installer)
- SCSI emulation didn't handle WD33C93 Select-and-Transfer command scatter/gather DMA. (Debian installer)
- CD led didn't flicker during SCSI and ATAPI CD access.
- Fixed D3D shader error/warning string buffer overflow crash. Some shaders can output really long warning messages.
- D3D internal texture size was incorrect in some situations, causing some shaders to have incorrect geometry.
- Added support for "post" shader filters. Post = apply shader to final output (after scaling, D3D scanlines and RGB masks), Pre = apply shader to internal Amiga display (same as in previous versions).
- D3D shaders can be "stacked", max 4 pre and post shaders supported. (-4 to -1 = pre, 1 to 4 = post), Output of previous shader is input to next shader. Can be useful if you want to have "normal" filter and CRT geometry filter active at the same time. Also stacking same filter multiple times makes interesting results D3D only, software filters not supported.
Old 04 February 2013, 19:41   #55
msayed1977
Better than the Original

Quote:
Does it also happen in b4? B4 had some blitter DMA channel disabled fixes I forgot to mention in change log.
Sorry for being late to write.
Beta 4 had the old bug.
I would like also to mention that the bug is not completely gone (in beta 5 and 6), but most of the time only one player is vibrating. Some times more, and some times none.
I do not want to distract you. As I told you before if fixing the bug would break other games or if you do not feel like fixing it, do not bother yourself.
I have just tested Beta 6.
Thank you for your time you give us, and for your nice emulator.

Last edited by msayed1977; 04 February 2013 at 20:36.
Old 05 February 2013, 02:48   #56
msayed1977
Better than the Original

While I was running Battle Chess with beta 6, suddenly my desktop appeared without exiting the emulator. The resolution of the desktop was my native desktop resolution, but the mouse pointer could not exceed the emulator resolution until I pressed ALT-F4 to exit the emulator.
I do not know whether it is a new bug or not, but it is the first time to happen with me. I did not change my configs.
Please investigate.
Old 05 February 2013, 08:12   #57
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
I have encountered the same problem , i post a screen and files tonight when back from work.
Old 05 February 2013, 15:25   #58
mark_k

I've noticed crashes when resizing the emulation window with 2.6.0b6. I got it to crash both in Wine and Windows Vista. Couldn't reproduce the crashes with beta 5 or earlier. I was using Direct3D mode.

A crash might be more likely when in NTSC modes with the border blanked (ECS chipset). It might be more likely to happen when you reduce the window size below the width or height of the Amiga display.

Once or twice, on repeatedly resizing the window WinUAE showed a dialog box:
CreateDevice failed, 8876017C S=1 F=0876 C=017C (380) ()
Trying to resize again after that dialog caused a crash.

I can upload a crash dump if it might help.
Old 05 February 2013, 15:57   #59
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I assume it is D3D only? Probably related to shader updates.
Old 05 February 2013, 16:33   #60
mark_k

I think it is D3D-only, at least I couldn't get WinUAE to crash in DirectDraw mode testing with Wine.