English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 May 2018, 17:20   #21
Amiga1992

Good initiative! Not sure exactly what you are planning, but my main concern is about content, there aren't monthly releases for CD32, maybe not even more than a couple a year if we're lucky.

What are you gonna cover otherwise and/or how often you want to release it? I'm not that interested in reading about games available for 20 years, but I understand there's not much else to talk about ;(

If it's like a small zine with a disc with exclusive demos, that sounds more manageable, but when I read "magazine", it sounds hefty/long and I cannot fathom what you could put inside.
Old 24 May 2018, 18:56   #22
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Good initiative! Not sure exactly what you are planning, but my main concern is about content, there aren't monthly releases for CD32, maybe not even more than a couple a year if we're lucky.

What are you gonna cover otherwise and/or how often you want to release it? I'm not that interested in reading about games available for 20 years, but I understand there's not much else to talk about ;(

If it's like a small zine with a disc with exclusive demos, that sounds more manageable, but when I read "magazine", it sounds hefty/long and I cannot fathom what you could put inside.
I understand, I've had a couple of others state the same in the survey. The mag itself is only 32-40 pages, hopefully the latter going on calculations, and its bi-monthly.

But as you say its not meant to be a slog of a read, and wont be being the size it is.

I was waiting until next week to send out a newsletter with more information on things, but for those who want can subscribe now via the new Facebook page there is a shop link there.
For those who dont like to use FB, the web store link is Here
I have to manually add any contacts so you wont get it straight away, but it should answer most things about it, i dont want it to taken too seriously and pressured into making it into something i don't want to, like various ‘suggestions’ I've had, this is for CD32 owners and anyone interested in it.
Old 24 May 2018, 19:23   #23
Amiga1992

32-40 pages sounds like a lot though!
I was thinking a bi-monthly 10 page fanzine would be great to have.
Anything you feel confident in doing, as I said it was just my opinion, I guess lots of people like to read about old games and I might be in the minority here.
Old 24 May 2018, 19:40   #24
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
32-40 pages sounds like a lot though!
I was thinking a bi-monthly 10 page fanzine would be great to have.
Anything you feel confident in doing, as I said it was just my opinion, I guess lots of people like to read about old games and I might be in the minority here.
The only part about old CD32 games is an A-Z section, which is 10 pages per issue, which is what i was originally writing before this idea came into my head, its more about what differences the CD32 has or hasn't compared to the disk version if there is one, but the other 30 pages are all about recent and upcoming games, interviews, articles etc

You can always try Issue 1, if its not for you, then no hard feelings, i won't hold a grudge if people don't buy it or stop after an Issue, as long as other CD32 fans enjoy it, then its all i wanted from the idea.
Old 24 May 2018, 19:43   #25
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
You can always try Issue 1
Man as I answered in the poll, I am definitely in, no matter what you do, it's hella cheap.
I'm just leaned towards a digital version because I don't really do printed media anymore.
Old 25 May 2018, 09:52   #26
thairacerjp

I had made a post on « Amiga forever & beyond « a french Amiga
Facebook group , they are many owner of CD 32 there who Will enjoy
Your Nice project. In the past I went every week in Paris in the famous whsmith
English library to buy the lastest Amiga Format, Amiga action... it was good times

May be it could have a hardware section, tips,
Will you do a crowdfunding for financial issues ?
In France « player spirit » magazine have done
Crowdfunding for limit cost.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/165373...70&ref=m_notif

Last edited by thairacerjp; 25 May 2018 at 14:41.
Old 25 May 2018, 10:17   #27
Amigajay

Hi, thanks spreading the word! Never seen the WHsmith in Paris before, pretty cool to pick up English mags for you guys.

Not sure about a hardware section atm, its prime focus is of course games, but i plan to cover the recent hardware add-ons sure, but one off articles not every issue.

I will be paying for this upfront as its a small project, which hopefully will be covered by the physical pre-orders when they go live, i dont feel Kickstarter is the way to go on such a small project, wont really bring in much more interested, along with taking a big chunk of any small revenue!
Old 25 May 2018, 11:15   #28
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

Thanks for your answers, AmigaJay. Over 200, looks great. Hope this will be a success. I am also a bit concerned like Akira, but more in a way that it seems to be a LOT of work to fill so many pages bi-monthly. I hope you can achieve that without a burn out.

I am definitely interested in old CD32 game reviews, too. For example my 11 year old son is very interested in all things about the CD32, also old games, and this will be a great way for him to learn/improve his English.

And I am also interested in Hardware stuff, old and new.

Oh, exciting times ... :-)
Old 25 May 2018, 22:50   #29
amiman99

For me if the magazine is quarterly (every 3 month) it should be sufficient, there are not that many games released for CD32, but If you include more Amiga games, then you should be able to fill more content.

I do like the physical copies.

You could also do an in-depth version of the magazine, similar what Retro Gamer does for other systems. Showcasing the add ones, rare stuff, collectables etc. I would pay more for that.
Old 26 May 2018, 01:16   #30
Cobe

Did I make mistake in reading or did you make a mistake in writing, physical paper release for 0.01 pounds?
Old 26 May 2018, 08:20   #31
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Did I make mistake in reading or did you make a mistake in writing, physical paper release for 0.01 pounds?
Lol no its just a placeholder price, i know you want it cheap but come on!
Old 31 May 2018, 16:24   #32
Xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Hi guys and gals, i have a quick CD32 Mag survey that i would be grateful if you completed to give me some feedback, it will only take less than a minute, there are only 5 questions! No sign-ups or email input required!

https://s.surveyplanet.com/H1oJSMlJ7

Thanks!
Just answered! Hope something new will see the light.
Old 01 June 2018, 10:03   #33
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Theres no option to select both.
I would rather have both options available. I would buy both formats, depending on circumstances at the time of each mag release.
Old 03 June 2018, 00:40   #34
Anachronist

Done! I love the CD32.