English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 June 2003, 12:55   #1
Simon S

Question Control config problems

Well, the new keyboard fix got most of the problems, but there seem to be a few oddities.

For the keyboard, all the defaults seem to be one off space on the config menu (ie. ESC is blank, 1 is mapped to ESC, 2 is mapper to 1 and so on..)

however most of the keys are in the regular place when you actually launch and use the emulator.

However no amount of messing about seems to activate the cursor keys, it ignores them regardless of what I map to them.

Also my joystick configures to the mouse port , but never seems to work when emulated to the joystick port.

It's all strange stuff. On studying it, I have 3 joysticks installed. It regards one as a digital pad (though it's a dual analog) and one as keyboard with keys mapped to all kinds of insane configs. Again, this seems to have no effect within the emulator. It still ignores the cursors, which I badly need to use Dpaint.

Any ideas?

Old 28 June 2003, 13:09   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Post your winuaebootlog.txt, thanks.
Old 06 July 2003, 21:26   #3
Quader

I don't want to start a new thread, but here are also keyboard-problems with newest Winuae-Version:

Starting and Playing is no Problem, everything works fine, but when want to exit, alt + F4 or with F12-menu -> "misc" and then "quit" doesn't work because F12 doesn't work anymore.
No changes have been made to the configuration (i hope), also downloaded new version of winuae again but same problem with fresh one.

Searched the forum but nothing fits my problem.

As attachment the winuaebootlog.txt
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuaebootlog.zip (1.7 KB, 148 views)
Old 07 July 2003, 16:13   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Starting and Playing is no Problem, everything works fine, but when want to exit, alt + F4 or with F12-menu -> "misc" and then "quit" doesn't work because F12 doesn't work anymore.
Do you mean keyboard works in emulated Amiga (for example WB1.3 CLI-window) but F12 or ALT+F4 are ignored or all keys are completely disabled?

Does removing all lines beginning with "input." from your config file help?
Old 19 July 2003, 22:29   #5
Simon S

Big grin

Excellent! The latest release fixes all the control issues for me, and I can't believe how well it runs compared to the last version that worked for me. (ooh about 6 releases ago)

Great work, Thank you and a big manly handshake to the whole WinUAE team.