English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 April 2024, 10:01   #1
Rob_hawk

Super Tennis Champs - Issue

Hi,

Looking for a little help. It’s nothing critical but I’d really like to play Super Tennis Champs on my A1200. All other games via WHDload are working with no issues but when I try to run this both via WHDload and also an ADF via on my GOTEK the game gets as far as playing some title music but just has a black screen. I can quit out via F10 from the WHDload version but unsure if this is user error on my part or perhaps there’s an issue that I need to resolve?

I have an A1200 with a Tsunami 1230 card. I removed the card this morning and reverted to a basic 8mb memory card and still the same issue.

- WHDload is version 18.6.6128

- Game version seems to be the latest 1.1

- Amiga OS 3.2

Does anyone have an idea as to what could be wrong?

All help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rob
Old 23 April 2024, 11:14   #2
Seiya

In WinUAE it works perfectly, so it should be run also with your configuration. But sometimes combination of certain hardware with some workbench version could be instable for some few games
Old 23 April 2024, 13:30   #3
Superman

Very strange issue. I just tested the whdload version on my A1200 with TF1230 and it loads and plays fine. I’m using Classicwb which is based on 3.1 and kickstart 3.1. I also using the latest whdload beta version which is 19.0. Maybe try updating your whdload version to see if that helps.
Old 23 April 2024, 14:41   #4
Rob_hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
In WinUAE it works perfectly, so it should be run also with your configuration. But sometimes combination of certain hardware with some workbench version could be instable for some few games
Thanks very much for taking the time to test this!

The plot has thickened a little. Based on your reply I decide to take all of the cards out of the expansion slot and just test it with the basic unit and with the same response music and sound effects but no display.

That got me thinking that the other thing it could be is the Indivision MK3 card that I use for HDMI output. So I connected the A1200 to a Benq VGA monitor via the graphics port using an AmigaKit adapter and it worked perfectly.

So the issue is for some reason with this game, and it appears only this (well of those I play!) it does not play nicely with the Indivision MK3.

If anyone has some ideas re the anything I can tweak with the Indivision to get it to display this game I’d love to hear! Any ideas?
Old 23 April 2024, 14:42   #5
Rob_hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
Very strange issue. I just tested the whdload version on my A1200 with TF1230 and it loads and plays fine. I’m using Classicwb which is based on 3.1 and kickstart 3.1. I also using the latest whdload beta version which is 19.0. Maybe try updating your whdload version to see if that helps.
Thanks also for testing… See my other quote to the initial reply for what I have discovered with the Indivision MK3 HDMI card. It seems that’s the issue but have no idea why!
Old 23 April 2024, 15:33   #6
Don_Adan

If I remember right, Indivision is using some registers from space $00dffxxx.
Normally these registers are unused.
Maybe this game using these registers accidentally or specially too?
If this is problem, you can ask WHDload slave author to removing these acceses.
Old 23 April 2024, 16:12   #7
Rob_hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
If I remember right, Indivision is using some registers from space $00dffxxx.
Normally these registers are unused.
Maybe this game using these registers accidentally or specially too?
If this is problem, you can ask WHDload slave author to removing these acceses.
That’s interesting to know thanks very much. How should I contact the WHDload team/author to ask them? I’m still pretty new to this!

Help appreciated.