English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 02 November 2013, 15:24   #21
trydowave

Codetapper: Good article but this is very sad news.

What about this... Since the Amiga community is so tightly knit, wouldn't it be a good idea to get everyone to chip into making remakes, new conversions of bad ports in the past (thinking of the new AGA version of Final Fight for instance) and completely new games for the Amiga. Kinda like a kickstarter.

Then the process of making games will be taken out of the hands of these greedy publishers who really don't give a rats as* about the Amiga and put into the hands of people with a passion for the project.

These HD remakes are just about making a quick buck out of nostalgia. Not to mention they all looks like sodding flash games anyway!

I'd gladly contribute.
Old 02 November 2013, 15:37   #22
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Or, what about making a WHDLoad version of the demo with the ability to add the other levels from the snes version?
Old 02 November 2013, 15:54   #23
trydowave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Or, what about making a WHDLoad version of the demo with the ability to add the other levels from the snes version?
Ive never played the Snes one. Is it a port of the Amiga verison or is it completely redrawn (just off to google it now).

Sounds like a good idea though.

I imagine System 3 will try to block it on copyright grounds. I say try of course
Old 02 November 2013, 16:25   #24
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
Ive never played the Snes one. Is it a port of the Amiga verison or is it completely redrawn (just off to google it now).

Sounds like a good idea though.

I imagine System 3 will try to block it on copyright grounds. I say try of course
in the SNES version :gfx are enhanced a bit but lacks the fantastic music which Jason Page written for the Amiga version
instead they included some tunes which are horrible,sincerely I don't know who is the author of the horrible music included if Richard Joseph or another guy
to punch the enemies you must use joystick triggers,one for the left and the other for the right, this confuse me ,I don't like it
Old 02 November 2013, 16:32   #25
Amiga1992

Any home made version made will be hit by this asswipe with a copyright lawsuit. I wouldn't even bother.
The legendary status of this game is a big joke at this point. People need to let go and forget about it, the collective energy should be put in much more interesting projects, like all the new games that are popping up here and there. Supporrt should be given to REAL Amiga projects, by REAL Amiga enthusiasts, and not to fuckwits like Mark Cale.

Fuck Mark Cale, fuck System 3 and fuck Putty Squad.
Old 02 November 2013, 22:36   #26
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
Okay, I've been in touch, and the editor of Retro Gamer Magazine has whole heartily agreed that Mark Cale is an obsessive liar for taking advantage of the Amiga community like this scamming pre-orders on a Fault promises of releasing a lost piece of software is is an complete and utter lie and would not of ran this news story known before hand.

So hopefully expect a retract of this next month, I've a good mind to send in a picture of a donkey with Mark Cale face on it for the retracting statement.

Old 02 November 2013, 22:39   #27
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Send the editor the link to my webpage. I hope he doesn't mind that I included a scan of the page - it's so low res you can't read it apart from the lie so hoping they won't mind.

If you google "Mark Cale liar" I'm currently the #1 match which is quite amusing considering it was only posted 12 hours ago!
Old 03 November 2013, 02:29   #28
Amiga1992

I spread your link around Codetapper.
I am glad the editor is sympathetic and I would, as well, suggest you send him the link to Codetapper's page!
Old 03 November 2013, 10:42   #29
Paul_s

his excuses are pretty weak for not releasing the game. It would be easy to release (and he knows it).

Frustrating - yes. Surprised? - no!
Old 04 November 2013, 02:10   #30
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
@codetapper

Just be careful Mark Cale likes to have people disproven via legal eagles, You know Mark is litigious, right? , the system 3 police will be around to yours to break all your pencils. He's sneaky like this so I'm told.

Plus at this point I don't think he cares, the pr has been done, ps4 users as far as I know get the new putty remake for free, so he's officially got his money and is off into the sunset.

Next up. Last Ninja 4 the forgotten xbox and ps2 title that was 60% completed..lol.but alas wasnt good enough, but admitted that last ninja trilogy was coming to the DS and Wii back in 2007.

Old 04 November 2013, 03:36   #31
Codetapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Just be careful Mark Cale likes to have people disproven via legal eagles, You know Mark is litigious, right? , the system 3 police will be around to yours to break all your pencils. He's sneaky like this so I'm told.
Haha, I'll happily take the page down when he releases the game. So most likely never! But have I said anything that isn't true? His lies are in print and then more lies to cover those lies in a video! His entire interview is utter nonsense and has more holes than Swiss cheese!
Old 04 November 2013, 06:46   #32
nittamituaki
Cd32+Fdd User (CFU)

Dear Moderators,
Sorry my apologize, so you can remove this if you want.
I will not claim. LOL
Old 04 November 2013, 09:12   #33
Amigajay

Haha great job!
Old 04 November 2013, 09:33   #34
Shoonay
Global Caturator

@nittamituaki: LOL, good job, you should have gave him some kind of putty club in his hands for the extra effect
Old 04 November 2013, 09:40   #35
moijk
License to Bubble

My initial concerns about the limited edition were how on earth they would get disks for this, let alone roll out a huge number without some poor soul spending weeks with xcopy. Sounded a bit like a political campain promise - good idea, but how could it be possible?

So it doesn't sound that far fetched that they had an idea of doing so, but couldn't due to technical limitations. I might be too mild on the guy, but after decades of being an Amiga follower, I'm not betting the house on anything - promises that doesn't fall through has always been a part of it. But granted, he haven't exactly a flawless reputation.

I'd love to get an amiga version of the game, but i do have a snes and putty squad - and I have to say i prefer the original game anyway.
Old 04 November 2013, 09:41   #36
Codetapper

And after The Last Ninja 4, the 60% complete game "Myth 2: The search for floppy disks"
Old 04 November 2013, 14:17   #37
Hewitson

I think it's pretty safe to say that you absolutely destroyed him in that article Codetapper.

What an ignorant asshole.
Old 04 November 2013, 14:35   #38
andy82

I also don't think much of Mr Cale but what if there are some legal problems that prevent a release? Maybe the agreement with all the people involved was made in a way that they should be given royalties based on sales? Maybe Cale doesn't own the complete rights to the Amiga version of Putty Squad? This would also explain why he didn't sell off the publishing rights of the Amiga Putty Squad back in the 90s... some companies were seriously interested in publishing it and I think he could have made some bucks back then (at least the Amiga market back then was still bigger than it is today).

On another note, somebody mentioned that Jason Page wrote the Amiga music. Did somebody try to approach Page and try to get the music he wrote for Putty Squad? I'd be very interested in this because I've always enjoyed the work of Jason Page.
Old 04 November 2013, 16:40   #39
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy82 View Post
On another note, somebody mentioned that Jason Page wrote the Amiga music. Did somebody try to approach Page and try to get the music he wrote for Putty Squad? I'd be very interested in this because I've always enjoyed the work of Jason Page.
Same here, I'd love to hear this. Don't really care about the game. Is the music available somewhere?
Old 04 November 2013, 16:55   #40
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1979 View Post
"It's not supported by Sony" "We'd have to convert it"? WTF is he on about.
I suppose he could be talking about 3.5" diskettes no longer being manufactured by Sony?

Convert it could have meant that they would have to remove the disk copy protection?

I still say that the only reason that makes sense is that he doesn't have the disks.