English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 14 March 2013, 23:04   #21
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks, Peter.

I'll create that Tutorials & Guides folder on the server right now and add those.

In the meantime, I'll find my copies of those C Tutorial pdfs and upload them too - probably tomorrow.

Edit: The path to the new folder is /Commodore_Amiga/Doc/Tutorials & Guides

Last edited by prowler; 14 March 2013 at 23:12.
Old 14 March 2013, 23:30   #22
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Thanks Prowler - I think this will be a really useful central point - looking forward to seeing what people have to share - be great if people write some tutorials to share.
Old 15 March 2013, 00:53   #23
emufan

i added the Bill Frawley lightwave tutorials into the zone. just to keep things moving - they are worth a look for sure too
Old 15 March 2013, 01:00   #24
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks, emufan.

I'll add them to the new folder too now.
Old 04 April 2013, 22:39   #25
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Thanks for the amigaguide guide, PeterK. Just got it from The Zone
Old 04 April 2013, 22:46   #26
diablothe2nd

great news

i've actually printed out all the PDF scans of AF Blitz 2 tutorials i found online. i think you may have them already but i can upload them if needed.

was working through the IsoBlaster tutorial (and banging my head against the keyboard due to typos and a missing ",1" for a amiblitz 3 variation to a command ) but eventually got it to run

[ Show youtube player ]

was well p'ed off though when i got to the stage where they wrote "due to popular demand we've decided to scrap and restart the tutorial series" though

anyways, manuals and tutorials is def gunna get a +10 from me even more for more blitz stuff as i'm DETERMINED to tame this beast
Old 11 April 2013, 17:39   #27
fishyfish
Banned

So I finally got off my butt and put together a few tutorials

First 2 are the 13 part, 39 page Imagine 4 tutorial from CU Amiga, and the 15 part, 42 page C programming tutorial also from CU Amiga.

There ones are actually just from existing magazine scans I've found online, but I thought it's still nice to have the entire tutorial series in one pdf file.

I'm doing some more at the moment, but I'd like to upload them as I go so would be greatful if someone could let me know where to upload to, and associated details (the tuts people have done already have been getting uploaded to an ftpserver if Im not mistaken?
Old 11 April 2013, 19:51   #28
MaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
So I finally got off my butt and put together a few tutorials

First 2 are the 13 part, 39 page Imagine 4 tutorial from CU Amiga, and the 15 part, 42 page C programming tutorial also from CU Amiga.

There ones are actually just from existing magazine scans I've found online, but I thought it's still nice to have the entire tutorial series in one pdf file.

I'm doing some more at the moment, but I'd like to upload them as I go so would be greatful if someone could let me know where to upload to, and associated details (the tuts people have done already have been getting uploaded to an ftpserver if Im not mistaken?
Ah, glad you did that, was going to put together that C tutorial from existing scans (as the old pdf going around was corrupted), but don't need to now . As for uploading, have a look at this thread and what prowler wrote.

Last edited by prowler; 11 April 2013 at 21:53. Reason: Fixed link to "what prowler wrote".
Old 11 April 2013, 21:10   #29
fishyfish
Banned

Thanks.
Perhaps it me being over-tired, or perhaps its the online ftp client Im using, but I cant seem to find the commodore_amiga/Doc/Tutorials & Guides directory.
Instead Ive created a "fishyfish_tuts" folder at the root of the ftp server. If someone is able to move them to "commodore_amiga/Doc/Tutorials & Guides" (not right this minute though, theyre still uploading) then I'd appreciate it. Not essential it seems best to keep them in the one location.

Thanks
Old 11 April 2013, 21:40   #30
MaW

Ah yes, that's how it works, you create your own directory at the root. I apologize as it seems I've guided you to a wrong post
Old 11 April 2013, 21:57   #31
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaW View Post
I apologize as it seems I've guided you to a wrong post
Hey MaW, I've fixed that link in your post above.

Edit: Hi fishyfish,

I've moved both your CU Amiga C Programming and Imagine 4 tutorials to the EAB File Server Commodore_Amiga/Docs/Tuturials & Guides folder.

Thanks for your contribution!

Last edited by prowler; 12 April 2013 at 00:00.
Old 12 April 2013, 16:41   #32
MaW

Thanks prowler, should've done that myself :P

How about creating some subfolders in Commodore_Amiga/Docs/Tuturials & Guides such as /Programming or /Graphics or even /Programming/C and /Graphics/3D, eventually for other categories when fitting files appear? That is, of course, if you, prowler, have any spare minute and nothing against the idea itself.
It seems that - hopefully - that folder is going to be growing overtime, so it's gonna get messy eventually (kinda already feels so).
Old 12 April 2013, 17:24   #33
fishyfish
Banned

I 2nd that idea. Once the quantity of content starts to grow it'll be handy, especially once people start uploading the media/source files that go along with the tutorials (something I need to do for the 2 I uploaded still,..... will do it along with the current 2 tuts Im working on).
Old 12 April 2013, 22:19   #34
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks for the idea, MaW and fishyfish.

When I get a moment, I'll split the contents of that folder in accordance with your suggestion.