English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 11 January 2006, 20:05   #1
mattyjim
Zone Friend

What were those darned demos called?!!

Hiya!

Can anybody help me to remember the name of these A500 demos?
Both were released around about 1990.

1. The first demo was quite distinctive, featuring a fishtank populated with various aquatic wildlife.
The user was given the option to choose from three or four different soundtracks, to which the fish would dance and nod in time; I'm almost certain that there was an orange lobster in there somewhere :-).

I seem to remember that this demo came free when I bought my A500 (October 1989), on a PD disk of some description.

2. The second demo arrived as part of a coverdisk that was given away with one of the lower-profile Amiga magazines; quite possibly in the later half of 1990.

The demo was VERY similar to Phenomena's 'Flight of Dreams', and featured a string of about 15 bobs (I think they were blue), which snaked continuously around a metallic background similar to the arena floor featured in the Bitmap Brothers' 'Speedball 2'.

The main thing was the amazing soundtrack, which was kind of upbeat, but also quite haunting.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific than that, but I'm just dying to watch those demos again as I remember them being a really cool part of my childhood.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 25 January 2006, 23:42   #2
mattyjim
Zone Friend

Well, I found the second demo that I was looking for; it was...erm...Phenomena's "Flight of Dreams 2" . My memory is pants!

Still a cool tune though. (ftp://ftp.amigascne.org)
Old 27 January 2006, 00:59   #3
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

I'd love to know what demo 1 is .. fish that nod n dance to music ... and an orange lobster .. hehehe u crack-ead