English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 August 2014, 14:53   #121
Locutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Requiring resetlevel 1 is most likely correct, reset change in b11 matches my real A4000+CSPPC. Default resetlevel probably works with some real hardware, possibly if system is A3000. This is not fully confirmed yet.
Right! so not a regression but more accurate to hardware.

And yes, i remember using the default resetlevel on my A3000/CSPPC/CV64 setup.

It seems that MOS-PUP fails because of the lack of Overflow handling specifically mcrxr. Really not worth to hack on the PearPC code to handle this.

QEMU does that correctly btw and if you ever adapt the QEMU core, it has a GDB Stub which makes debugging this kind of /shit/ so much easier.
Old 17 August 2014, 16:35   #122
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
Right! so not a regression but more accurate to hardware.

And yes, i remember using the default resetlevel on my A3000/CSPPC/CV64 setup.
I have A3000 too but I am too lazy to test it, maybe someday..

EDIT: Was it Phase5 or DCE CSPPC? Perhaps it can also make a difference..

Quote:
It seems that MOS-PUP fails because of the lack of Overflow handling specifically mcrxr. Really not worth to hack on the PearPC code to handle this.
Not just lack of overflow in mcrxr, lack of overflow everywhere, including division by zero and practically all exceptions not related to interrupts.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 17 August 2014 at 16:47.
Old 17 August 2014, 16:56   #123
Locutus

Quote:
I have A3000 too but I am too lazy to test it, maybe someday..

EDIT: Was it Phase5 or DCE CSPPC? Perhaps it can also make a difference..
I think it was a Phase5 CSPPC but I honestly don't remember my A3000 is still in .nl and i am not :-)

Quote:

Not just lack of overflow in mcrxr, lack of overflow everywhere, including division by zero and practically all exceptions not related to interrupts .
Yes, obviously.

I'm kind of surprised the PearPC developer thought that was a good idea with a emulator aimed at running a general purpose OS.

On dolphin those kind of omissions obviously make sense as you only have to run code from commercially shipped games.
Old 17 August 2014, 17:25   #124
DarrenHD

Quote:
"UAE" devices won't work, they require m68k AmigaOS. (Not working in Linux or NetBSD either)
Toni, does that include A2065 Z2? We tested the 68k driver during development of OS 4.1 Classic and it worked. If you select A2065 Z2 in winuae it actually shows up in showconfig as present, however the internet connection wizard crashes trying to configure it. If that won't work and if uaenet.device, and bsdsocket.library won't work also, is there any other way you can suggest to get the system "online" ?

Also, many 68k drivers do work - such as the entire Poseidon stack which can stay resident in memory (when used with a Deneb). Maybe there is a way to load your uae boot rom during OS4.1 Classic booting.

And if you add Z3 memory it shows up as a pager :-) That makes sense because OS4.1 Classic will scan generically for Zorro 3 memory and add it as a pager if it finds it.

PS - there is also graphic corruption/mouse trails if you run the emulation in a window - if you run it full screen there is no corruption.

Darren

Last edited by DarrenHD; 17 August 2014 at 17:32.
Old 17 August 2014, 17:56   #125
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
I'm kind of surprised the PearPC developer thought that was a good idea with a emulator aimed at running a general purpose OS.
I guess it is the usual problem: no test cases, emulating "exceptional" code without test case is difficult to get right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenHD View Post
Toni, does that include A2065 Z2? We tested the 68k driver during development of OS 4.1 Classic and it worked. If you select A2065 Z2 in winuae it actually shows up in showconfig as present, however the internet connection wizard crashes trying to configure it. If that won't work and if uaenet.device, and bsdsocket.library won't work also, is there any other way you can suggest to get the system "online" ?
A2065 is hardware board. Crash is probably PPC CPU emulation related.

Quote:
Also, many 68k drivers do work - such as the entire Poseidon stack which can stay resident in memory (when used with a Deneb). Maybe there is a way to load your uae boot rom during OS4.1 Classic booting.
Maybe but I think you forgot that I don't care about OS4. Problems due to PPC emulation bugs: I do care, at least a bit. Not hardware related: Not my problem.

EDIT: and it could be PPC emulation problem, emulators (m68k emulation in OS4 in this case) can use rarely used instructions.

Quote:
PS - there is also graphic corruption/mouse trails if you run the emulation in a window - if you run it full screen there is no corruption.
I haven't seen any and I always run in window.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 17 August 2014 at 18:17.
Old 17 August 2014, 18:28   #126
Nickman1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenHD View Post
Darren
Had the same problem the one time i got PicassoIV emulation to work.

Went to full screen and everything was working great. Tested some WarpUP programs and rebooted and nothing works again but more fun this way
Old 17 August 2014, 19:13   #127
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I still haven't seen any logs, can't say anything.. Check post #116 for instructions.

Try switching D3D/DirectDraw first.
Old 17 August 2014, 19:49   #128
mritter0

Why are you using HDF files? Don't those slow things down a lot? What if you want to copy some files to/from your Amiga HDF to/from your PC (music, pictures, source code)? How would you copy files (music, pics, etc) from OS3.9 HDF to OS4.1 HDF? (I know you could mount it, just making a point). So much easier to just copy/paste on the PC side from folder to folder.
Old 17 August 2014, 20:06   #129
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

You can also mount a directory as a Harddrive as a Work partition. That's what I do.
Old 17 August 2014, 20:09   #130
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by mritter0 View Post
Why are you using HDF files? Don't those slow things down a lot? What if you want to copy some files to/from your Amiga HDF to/from your PC (music, pictures, source code)? How would you copy files (music, pics, etc) from OS3.9 HDF to OS4.1 HDF? (I know you could mount it, just making a point). So much easier to just copy/paste on the PC side from folder to folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
You can also mount a directory as a Harddrive as a Work partition. That's what I do.
Can't use UAE devices with 4.1 as they require 68k, hence why we are creating real HDF files with RDB and emulating real IDE

Yes I agree this is probably one of the things slowing it down and maybe causing the DSI errors, but that's what we have to do for now.

Sorry Toni, I will post logs but I've been absurdly busing, working all day
Old 17 August 2014, 20:26   #131
Nickman1200

Quote:
I still haven't seen any logs, can't say anything.. Check post #116 for instructions.

I boot to wb 3.9 in AGA mode. Go to screen mode prefs and choose PicassoIV 1280*1024 and the picture open (see attachment) but the amiga side freeze.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.png
Views:	270
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	41061  
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (24.7 KB, 121 views)
File Type: txt winuae_debug.txt (74.2 KB, 93 views)
Old 18 August 2014, 02:52   #132
DarrenHD

Quote:

Switching to Direct3D worked, no more corruption in a Window.
Old 18 August 2014, 08:23   #133
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickman1200 View Post
I boot to wb 3.9 in AGA mode. Go to screen mode prefs and choose PicassoIV 1280*1024 and the picture open (see attachment) but the amiga side freeze.
You need to remove unknown variables first. Does it happen with basic A1200 or A4000 config? (No CSPPC etc..)
Old 18 August 2014, 10:48   #134
thellier

>Wazp3D : If there is a proper way to configure it it would be helpful if you could write the instructions
I dont know the answer : I didnt tried WinUAE-ppc yet but I suppose Wazp3D cant works on it for the moment ...

Alain Thellier - Wazp3D
Old 18 August 2014, 10:56   #135
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I would like to know a way to transfer files from the PC to my OS4.1 emulation, like adding Pcmcia that could work or another way if that's possible.
Old 18 August 2014, 11:21   #136
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Not very elegant, but you can build a cd iso image to copy files onto then mount it in Aos4. or even mount your os39 image along side os4 with all your files you want to access on.
Old 18 August 2014, 11:45   #137
MickJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I had problems with the original floppy disk so I downloaded -Registered users only- an adf from them. Edit: Or did I take it from the Cd? Now I don't remember.
I bought 4.1 for Classics. When I went to register on the site (I've got the serial already) I noticed I could choose from OS4.1 for BlizzardPPC or OS4.1 for CyberstormPPC. AmigaKit didn't mention which it was, so I'm assuming it's for both? I was able to register the same serial number for both PPC boards.

I haven't found any ADF or ISO available to download unfortunately :-/ (Hoping the site doesn't get confused by having a serial for Sam440 as well (Edit: Doesn't appear to))

Last edited by MickJT; 18 August 2014 at 12:05.
Old 18 August 2014, 11:59   #138
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I can confirm the Boot_Floppy.adf.lha is inside a BootFloppy drawer in the cd. For the Cd I made a mds image with Alcohol120 that works, so I don't have to be messing with the original cd.
Old 18 August 2014, 12:05   #139
MickJT

Looks like I might have to wait for the disc to physically get here, but I'll e-mail (Edit: AmigaKit and/or Hyperion) and ask about, and see if I can get an image to download. Sam440 has an ISO image to download. I'm just impatient to try it out, even though I know it's buggy and slow, at least at this stage

Back on topic, sorta, as for transferring files from the PC to OS4.1 installation, perhaps a mode could be added to add hardfiles or directories but appear as real IDE in the emulated environment. But I don't expect that to be any sort of priority for the time being, if at all. It'd have some benefits in 68k and Linux as well. I assume Linux also has this issue, or is it able to use WinUAE's hardfiles & directory-mode?

Last edited by MickJT; 18 August 2014 at 14:52. Reason: Clearing up what I meant
Old 18 August 2014, 13:15   #140
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just as a reminder: AmigaOS 4.x is still being sold, so please no hints or links where it might be available. Thanks.