English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 April 2006, 23:25   #1
Ironclaw
Banned

I have problem defeating the last boss in Cabal

Can't defeat the last boss... Thought maybe it was a copy protection error thingy like in some other games..... but don't think so. I guess you have to shoot his bullets while shooting at the boss... but it's impossible to shoot all of them that comes at you. I have tried sitting in all locations...

I have attached the savestate so you guys can try.. and if you figure it out, please tell me .
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cabal, stage 4 box (final boss).zip (170.2 KB, 189 views)
Old 23 April 2006, 23:27   #2
Ironclaw
Banned

Btw, a suggestion. Add .uss files to the accepted extension list of attachments. Had to zip it as it allows zip but not uss..... only gained 1 kb or so .
Old 24 April 2006, 12:13   #3
Ironclaw
Banned

What a stupid boss..... it should be beatable, I mean... someone must have beta tested the game and completed it...
Old 24 April 2006, 12:34   #4
DamienD
Banned

Hey Ironclaw,

I've definitely finished the arcade version but this was quite a while ago. Can't even remember what the 4th boss is now... From memory:

... 1st Boss = Helicopter
... 2nd Boss = Submarine
... 3rd Boss = Gun Torrents
... 4th Boss = ???

Can you tell me the set of .adf's that you used and I'll have a go at it for you tonight?
Old 24 April 2006, 12:43   #5
Ironclaw
Banned

No disks needed, just load the savestate and play.
Old 24 April 2006, 13:24   #6
DamienD
Banned

Hmmm, don't the savestates keep some information inside about which disks were used? If you don't use the correct disks I think the screen goes black and it doesn't load afterwards...

Maybe it's just safer to tell me
Old 24 April 2006, 14:24   #7
Ironclaw
Banned

It's all in the savestate.. just start winuae with the default settings and load the savestate.... you would only need the disks if it needed to load something, which it wont as the stage is already loaded. The savestates holds all gfx and sound for that level.
Old 24 April 2006, 14:32   #8
DamienD
Banned

True, but...

...if I do manage to finish it I would like to see the Amiga ending afterwards. I'm sure it would need to load this part

Don't worry, I'll work it out through the savestate...
Old 24 April 2006, 16:45   #9
Ironclaw
Banned

Ahh, true... didn't know you wanted to see the ending... but ok, here's the file:

http://www.retrogaming4ever.com/Cabal (1988)(Ocean)[cr PNA].zip

It will be a longplay movie so I will include the ending in it anyway for anyone to see.
Old 24 April 2006, 16:50   #10
DamienD
Banned

He, he, he... I just finished getting that info from the .USS file using a hex editor.

It said Cabal (1988)(Ocean)[cr PNA].zip. Thank you though

I'm surprised that you didn't use a trained version or do they not work properly?
Old 24 April 2006, 17:12   #11
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
Hey Ironclaw,

I've definitely finished the arcade version but this was quite a while ago. Can't even remember what the 4th boss is now... From memory:

... 1st Boss = Helicopter
... 2nd Boss = Submarine
... 3rd Boss = Gun Torrents
... 4th Boss = ???
= Gun Torrents (Stronger ones)

I used a trained version to complete the game and it still worked properly
Old 24 April 2006, 17:14   #12
Ironclaw
Banned

When recording longplays or speedruns, cheating is not allowed.. so I always play with a non trained version... also, many trained games has errors somewhere.... so even if I played with a trained version, but no cheats activated, there would be a slight chance that it would crash somewhere... so I always play with non trained versions, and if possible, non cracked ones too.

For "Misc" movies, cheats can be used... but this will be a Longplay....

actually, you could see the disk name by just loading the savestate and check the disk that's in df0: .
Old 24 April 2006, 17:19   #13
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
When recording longplays or speedruns, cheating is not allowed.. so I always play with a non trained version... also, many trained games has errors somewhere.... so even if I played with a trained version, but no cheats activated, there would be a slight chance that it would crash somewhere... so I always play with non trained versions, and if possible, non cracked ones too.

For "Misc" movies, cheats can be used... but this will be a Longplay....

actually, you could see the disk name by just loading the savestate and check the disk that's in df0: .
i see what you mean. and besides always trainer is lame. first i try without - once i cannot pass a certain point after retrying many times i think about it though
Old 24 April 2006, 17:45   #14
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareks
= Gun Torrents (Stronger ones)

I used a trained version to complete the game and it still worked properly
Thanks for the information sareks.

Well then, there's probably no need for me to try and beat the last guy then as we know it's possible

sareks, can you describe for Ironclaw the method used to beat him?
Old 24 April 2006, 18:00   #15
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
Thanks for the information sareks.

Well then, there's probably no need for me to try and beat the last guy then as we know it's possible

sareks, can you describe for Ironclaw the method used to beat him?

ok, the last (4th) boss - gun torrents - looks like this:

__OOOO__
xxx____xxx
__xx__xx__

(OOO = large torrent, xxx = small torrents, ___ = space provided between them)

surprise, surprise, like everyone else in the game the gun torrents throw pizzas at you - try to avoid the shots (very hard) and keep firing at one of the 4 xxxx's (small torrents). don't shoot at the OOOO's (large torrents) because that won't harm the boss.

Last edited by sareks; 24 April 2006 at 18:10.
Old 24 April 2006, 19:04   #16
Dizzy
Pirate

I found this in the NES Walkthrough

** Level 5 Boss **
Trapezoid shaped turret

This is a test of skills and the final battle.. get to one side and get to dodging
and firing. Take out the small surrounding turrets first especially the one on
the closest side at the top. once its gone you should be out of range of all the other fire. This is it soldier.
Old 24 April 2006, 19:21   #17
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
I found this in the NES Walkthrough

** Level 5 Boss **
Trapezoid shaped turret

This is a test of skills and the final battle.. get to one side and get to dodging
and firing. Take out the small surrounding turrets first especially the one on
the closest side at the top. once its gone you should be out of range of all the other fire. This is it soldier.
funny, i never played the nes version but it seems like this boss corresponds to the level 4 boss on amiga.
Old 24 April 2006, 21:02   #18
Ironclaw
Banned

I never shoot at the biggest one in the back.. only the small ones... but they never get destroyed..... immediately when the stage starts, I throw 4 handgranades at one of the turrets and shoot at it... but I die before it's distroyed...... so consentrating my fire on just one isn't enough...... I can't seem to destroy anyone of them.... and it's not necessary either to complete the level, all you have to do is to fire at any of the turrets, and every 20 bullet or so, 1 point is added to the completion meter... but it's impossible to avoid all those bullets flying over the screen, I try to shoot as many as possible coming at me if I'm in the courner... but they come too fast and too often..

hell, impossible without cheating....
Old 24 April 2006, 21:23   #19
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
I never shoot at the biggest one in the back.. only the small ones... but they never get destroyed..... immediately when the stage starts, I throw 4 handgranades at one of the turrets and shoot at it... but I die before it's distroyed...... so consentrating my fire on just one isn't enough...... I can't seem to destroy anyone of them.... and it's not necessary either to complete the level, all you have to do is to fire at any of the turrets, and every 20 bullet or so, 1 point is added to the completion meter... but it's impossible to avoid all those bullets flying over the screen, I try to shoot as many as possible coming at me if I'm in the courner... but they come too fast and too often..

hell, impossible without cheating....
yes that's right with the amiga version it seems that you cannot destroy them - it only raises the completion meter...darn hard one
Old 24 April 2006, 21:43   #20
DamienD
Banned

Hmmm, it does sound difficult...

I'm going to have a bash and see if I can do it. Nice challenge, though I probably won't be able to either. LOL