English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 March 2020, 13:31   #381
DamienD
disengaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceT View Post
Here is something I will leisurely be working on in my spare time. The crackle in the audio is due to me running in virtual box (win7) while running win 10 apps.
[ Show youtube player ]
Not sure if I should use the original video or the singe version.
Had to 1st convert the ogg sound files to mp3 in order to load them in after effects which accepted m2v video files.
That's awesome LanceT

I would say go for the original arcade videos

Do you have access to any other original arcade or Singe games / video files?

Regarding being unable to correctly calibrate the gun in both MDM games, I know you've said that it's due to the video aspects being wrong. I assume your video is in the correct aspect ratio.
Old 01 March 2020, 13:45   #382
ransom1122

I have the perfect Singe set of daphne games which include MDM 1 & 2 (2 in english) not sure what exact work needs done on the video files to work for winuae.
Old 01 March 2020, 16:54   #383
LanceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I assume your video is in the correct aspect ratio.
@DamienD. I am currently looking at this, there a quite a few factors to take in consideration. Original ALG was NTSC. Italy is a PAL country so did they use a PAL based Amiga/Screen/LD or the NTSC with a Voltage Converter? On Earok's saves The Italian version of MD2 is 640x360 resolution, Gallagaher was 480x360 and MADDOG1 was 720x480.
I am also looking into WinUAE display setting to see if that makes a difference on shooting accuracy. (LOL I need infinite lives #!*@$^)

I have just re:downloaded the singe/daphne iso's and the some full LD (laser disk) saves from youtube. Singe has Crimepatrol, drugwars, JohnnyRock,Last Bounty Hunter, Maddog, Maddog2 and SpacePirates, these ISOs are not compatible with the ALG system. But they do have a better quality of footage.

RE: NRV as Toni mentioned. I created a blank .txt file and named it with the gamename.nvr and pointed the flashRAM to it. It stores all the game settings (7lives), coins, aim config... as a 4kb file. It will reload these setting even when the emulator is quit fully and run again.
Old 03 March 2020, 21:33   #384
DamienD
disengaged

Good news LanceT... with an example from ransom1122; and quite a bit of persistence / playing around

I now have the guns calibrated in both MDM games; see this post.
Old 05 March 2020, 20:50   #385
rygar

Here is video lunching Dragon's Lair from Laser Disc on Amiga:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 16 March 2020, 00:53   #386
Westonboy88

I've got some of laserdisc videos on a DEXTER is there a way to rip the video to a AVI file?
Old 16 March 2020, 11:19   #387
LanceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonboy88 View Post
I've got some of laserdisc videos on a DEXTER is there a way to rip the video to a AVI file?
A little had to do or explain without have the actual files.

I take it they are in an ".ldimg (LDIMG) format? If they are here is some info on that file. Not sure if you can strip away enough bites or copy the movie/sound parts out of it. http://www.daphne-emu.com/mediawiki/index.php/LDImage

The old method was to connect the video and audio out to a vhs player then transfer it from the results. Nowadays you can use a video capture device.
https://anarchivism.org/w/How_to_Rip_Laserdisc
You may be able to do this with a Dexter device? If it can play the LD Image file as a regular movie I.E from counter 00000 to the end. As I don't own a Dexter device, I am not sure if this can be done.

Another way is to ask the author of the dexter device for the raw files pre him converting the to his ldimg format.

Do you know if the are direct descendants of a laserdisc or are from someone's Daphne / singe projects? If so then the files are already on the net it's just a matter of finding them.

ADDTO edit:
I take it this is for the purpose of using the files with WinUAE ALG?
Are you not able to add the file directly to the genlock file select screen and try other devices? Probably wont work but worth a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MD.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	66478  

Last edited by LanceT; 16 March 2020 at 11:40.
Old 18 March 2020, 18:27   #388
Westonboy88

Im using WinUAE 4.3.0 and im still not sure about the quickstart guide
Old 18 March 2020, 18:40   #389
DamienD
disengaged

Quote:
Im using WinUAE 4.3.0 and im still not sure about the quickstart guide
You mean earok's 1st post of the thread that tells you how to setup ALG games?

That's what I used

If need perfect gun calibration for both "Mad Dog McCree" games then see this post: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...postcount=2936

Also, if you want the complete package I've provided for people using my collection, see this post: https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...postcount=2953
Old 18 March 2020, 18:42   #390
Westonboy88

Can Someone Help Me Set Up Space pirates I manage do rip the laserdisc to a AVI format I've looked at the setup at the beginning of this form but I still don't get it
Old 18 March 2020, 18:47   #391
DamienD
disengaged

You just follow the earok's instructions in the 1st post, but I've put all my "ALG" configuration files in The Zone! for you. Obviously you'll need to adjust the ROM path, the .AVI path etc.

Can you upload the "Space Pirates" .AVI somewhere for all to try please?

Last edited by DamienD; 18 March 2020 at 18:53.
Old 18 March 2020, 19:02   #392
Westonboy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You just follow the earok's instructions in the 1st post, but I've put all my "ALG" configuration files in The Zone! for you. Obviously you'll need to adjust the ROM path, the .AVI path etc.

Can you upload the "Space Pirates" .AVI somewhere for all to try please?
im not sure because there is extra video footage on the file so that I could be sure that the screen capture device would screen cap everything. if I send you a copy of the video would you give me any advice?
Old 18 March 2020, 19:54   #393
DamienD
disengaged

Quote:
im not sure because there is extra video footage on the file so that I could be sure that the screen capture device would screen cap everything. if I send you a copy of the video would you give me any advice?
Of course, but to be honest your best uploading somewhere and posting the URL in this thread; as there are experts here that can assist / advise / crop / or do whatever is necessary

...but for now, if you want to just send it only to me, I'll see if I can get working
Old 19 March 2020, 10:20   #394
Westonboy88

My only worry is that I don’t want to violate any copyright laws. Also when I looked at the QuickStart section there was no extension rom section also space pirates rom has 2 chips and I’m not sure which one to use?
Old 19 March 2020, 13:26   #395
DamienD
disengaged

Quote:
Also when I looked at the QuickStart section there was no extension rom section also space pirates rom has 2 chips and I’m not sure which one to use?
You won't find "extension rom section" under "Quickstart".

After adding the "ALG" ROMs in you need to firstly start WinUAE, go to "Paths" and click "Rescan ROMs".

Exit / restart WinUAE, now go to the "Hardware" --> "ROM" section and select the desired ROMs:

You could try each of the 2 x Space Pirates ROMs, but usually just select the latest revision.
Old 20 March 2020, 13:10   #396
Westonboy88

I still not sure what to do can someone show me screenshots of what to put in each section to play a American Laser Game also some of the ROMS have U1 and U2 what do I do with those?
Old 20 March 2020, 13:27   #397
DamienD
disengaged

Did you download the configurations I put in The Zone! for you and look at them?

Just adjust one of them to the .AVI of "Space Pirates" and set your ROM path.
Old 20 March 2020, 15:01   #398
Westonboy88

Im sorry its just too complicated for me I just cant set it up right
Old 20 March 2020, 15:24   #399
DamienD
disengaged

Ok, then send me a link to the video... I'll setup / configure everything and send you back a configuration file for your setup.

You'll need to give me this information though:
  • Where your WinUAE.exe file is installed to i.e. the full path.
  • Where your ROM files are located i.e. the full path.
  • The exact name of your KS 1.3 ROM.
Just send all the above to me in a PM

I'm not sure whatelse to suggest as you have detailed instructions in the 1st post and I've already given you links to my working / setup configuration files.
Old 20 March 2020, 17:11   #400
Westonboy88

ive loaded up but I get a no extended rom found message