English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 June 2015, 20:28   #301
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I still can't duplicate. If nothing appears in the log, then it could be lost toccata interrupt or some AOS level weirdness. I don't consider this 3.1 showstopper.
Old 04 June 2015, 22:56   #302
hrmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I still can't duplicate. If nothing appears in the log, then it could be lost toccata interrupt or some AOS level weirdness. I don't consider this 3.1 showstopper.
A few times TuneNet wouldn't stop and would complete playing the song, so I guess It can be a quite unpredictable bug.
Very few times I could hear distortion like it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

In the end it isn't a showstopper as paula AHI mode is working fine.
I hope someone is working on a OS4 UAE AHI driver though...
Old 06 June 2015, 08:51   #303
BlankVector

Quote:
Thanks.

It is EmuTOS bug. (I don't see how it could have run on real hardware. Or perhaps it was broken in some later version?).

Supervisor stack original value from reset vector is not set to valid value, first exception (CPU test) will cause double fault, halting the CPU. (Previously it wasn't that carefully checked)
Certainly, this looks like a bug in EmuTOS for Amiga. I will fix that when possible.

Thanks to have made WinUAE more strict. It is my only means to test EmuTOS for Amiga.
Old 06 June 2015, 18:33   #304
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmes View Post
A few times TuneNet wouldn't stop and would complete playing the song, so I guess It can be a quite unpredictable bug.
Very few times I could hear distortion like it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

In the end it isn't a showstopper as paula AHI mode is working fine.
Do you mean you only got problems under OS4? (=requires extra programs to install under OS4 = I am not going to bother)

Quote:
I hope someone is working on a OS4 UAE AHI driver though...
I am quite sure this is not true. Problem is not driver, problem is whole design of UAE expansions. None of them can work if m68k is emulated.
Old 06 June 2015, 21:33   #305
Romanujan

I wonder why Hyperion Entertainment sits quiet about the UAE integration - they must have noticed OS 4 Classic sale increase after adding PPC support to the emulator. Some kind of 'paraemulated' environment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paravirtualization) could probably boost the sales further...
Old 06 June 2015, 23:25   #306
hrmes

Quote:
Do you mean you only got problems under OS4? (=requires extra programs to install under OS4 = I am not going to bother)
I first tried Toccata emulation under OS4 to get louder sound because Paula AHI output is a bit quiet.
In the end just out of curiosity I also tried Toccata under OS3.9 to see if the same problems appear, but they didn't.
Everything seems to be working fine in OS3.9, so the problems seem to be PPC related only.