English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 25 June 2008, 10:48   #21
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
but in RTG modes the only combinations that actually resize the window are the same ones that you could enter for the fullscreen ones. anything different and Winuae doesn't acknowledges it.
I can put anything in Display panel boxes and it does resize (as designed) as long as "Allow scaling" is ticked.

Quote:
2) strangely resized: try to start an 800*600 rtg workbench, resize winuae window up to 1280*768, for instance or 1024*768. so far so good.

then from the emulation launch a non rtg program: the screen is stretched twice his width here.
it gets back to its right size as soon as i choose an 800*600 or lower Winuae window size.
I can't duplicate. Do you use filters? (filters not mentioned == I expect they are not enabled )
Old 25 June 2008, 11:06   #22
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I can put anything in Display panel boxes and it does resize (as designed) as long as "Allow scaling" is ticked.
silly me i was looking fot the option in the display panel. my bad. it works

Quote:
I can't duplicate. Do you use filters? (filters not mentioned == I expect they are not enabled )
indeed they are not enabled. i've tested it more without being able to reproduce it
i used the sonic demo and had the same results 3 or 4 times, but nothing this morning.
Old 25 June 2008, 11:44   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
2) strangely resized: try to start an 800*600 rtg workbench, resize winuae window up to 1280*768, for instance or 1024*768. so far so good.
Found stupid bug that probably explains this. (comparing p96 width to window height when it should have been height to height..)
Old 25 June 2008, 15:37   #24
selco

Hi,
I have just tested Beta2. I like the scaling very much.
I have Workbench running in 800x600 32 Bit BRGA.
When the WINUA-Window has the same size everything is fine. When I make it smaller than 800x600 however the mousepointer is no longer visible in the whole amiga screen area. It becomes invisible on the right and bottom part of the screen. The percentage of this invisible mousepointer area depends on the size of the Winuae window.

Regards selco

Old 25 June 2008, 17:43   #25
Marcuz

i have noticed one other thing, and i don't know if it's the same stuff already discussed;

the window doesn't properly resize, or better, it uses resize even when it is not needed and stays stuck there in this case:

in Winuae GUI
- full screen set to different resolution than RTG (and so ignored), for instance 720*576
- RTG screen set to 800*600
- either checked "alway scale" or not
- Fullscreen set for non rtg modes

-inside the emulation, rtg is set to 800*600

the screen mode is set to windowed.

firing up that i end up with resizing applied to the window no matter if the 2 resolutions RTG and window are the same. it is probably caused by the fact that winuae starts fullscreen anyway and skips to fullscreen any time i change the RTG resolution inside the emulation.
if i set the apparently unused fullscreen resolution to the same value as the other two, 800*600, resizing disappears.

Last edited by Marcuz; 25 June 2008 at 17:58.
Old 25 June 2008, 19:08   #26
Ed Cruse

The following problem is with a full screen, windowed seems to work, and the problem started with b2. It appears when switching from RTG to native modes and a resolution switch is required, the screen goes blank. Native modes to RTG work fine.

When I switch to NTSC or PAL the screen goes blank, if I disable a filter and enable a filter it works again, also just changing filters makes it work again. The two filters I tried were null and scale2x. This seems to happen regardless of what combinations of native and RTG I do. Scaling so RTG and native modes use the same Windows resolution also works. It also boots into native modes with no problems.

Logs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (13.9 KB, 400 views)
Old 28 June 2008, 13:08   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1510b3.zip

Beta 3:

- corrected directinput keyboard enumeration, possible fix for wrong keycodes (=non-working key) on some keyboard/driver combinations. (bug since the beginning, I blame really bad keyboard directinput documentation)
- Picasso96 color space conversion color errors (b2)
- Picasso96 now always keeps aspect ratio in scaled modes (both windowed and full-window)
- window resize worked strangely in some cases
- full-window on the fly monitor change fixed
- disappearing mouse cursor if scaled window was smaller than original Picasso96 resolution
- detect Amiga Forever 2008 Value Edition rom key when winuae is located outside of AF install directory
- fullscreen to fullscreen non resolution/depth changes won't reopen the display anymore (except D3D/OGL<>other filter change)
- fullscreen to fullscreen resolution/depth change speed improved
- Windowed Picasso96 scaling fixed when native mode was set to fullscreen or fullwindow
- nasty memory corruption fixed in configuration handling introduced in 1.5 betas. Causes random crash or memory corruption sooner or later when saving configuration few times.
Old 28 June 2008, 13:30   #28
Marcuz

i have not spot any problem.

a reques though:
Quote:
- Picasso96 now always keeps aspect ratio in scaled modes (both windowed and full-window)
can you remove it? or at least made it so you can force resizing? it's nice on non 3/4 monitors.

the best would be have both: the list of correct ratios (but you can borrow that from the primary video driver' list) and free resize input

thanks in advance!
Old 28 June 2008, 13:44   #29
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
can you remove it? or at least made it so you can force resizing? it's nice on non 3/4 monitors.

the best would be have both: the list of correct ratios (but you can borrow that from the primary video driver' list) and free resize input
More information please. It should automatically select correct aspect ratio

For example full window RTG 1024x768 on 16:10 has black borders but same 1024x768 on 4:3 monitor has no borders. (I have two monitors, primary is 16:10 1920x1200 and secondary is 4:3 1600x1200)
Old 28 June 2008, 14:11   #30
Marcuz

why oh why i let myself be dragged in betatesting each saturday afternoon?

so... i have a 16:10 1680*1050 monitor.

Fullscreen:

RTG mode is ok, as Picasso resolution fits perfectly in the center of screen and the ratios are correct.
Native modes need a bit of thinkering with filters to be resized to the monitor borders or the use of "correct aspect ratio" button, as the 640*480 (which is the littlest resolution available on my pc) leaves the top and the bottom of the amiga screen out of the monitor.

so no problem here.

Windowed modes:

to beta 2, RTG modes are resized to whatever number you input in the display panel. wich is cool because you may want to have a big window on almost the size of the monitor and in a roughly 16:10 ratio.
if you want an amiga-like window, without, or with less, artifact, then you just borrow one of the screensizes from the native display and you apply it in windowed mode.

with beta 3 you are limited to those instead, because of the RTG screen non resizing.

in native modes that's even worse, as the amiga resolution is lower and the maximum size of the winuae window to have centered screen and the screen fit to the window is only 600*512: more than that you need to use filters again.
Old 28 June 2008, 14:34   #31
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
with beta 3 you are limited to those instead, because of the RTG screen non resizing.
"non resizing"? I still don't understand. RTG will resize as long as it is enabled. (what do you mean by resize? window resizing or "p96 monitor" resizing?)

Native modes work as previously, p96 scaling won't change that.
Old 28 June 2008, 14:51   #32
Marcuz

resinzing as in to fully fit the window.

beta 3 resizes windowed RTG only to 4:3 and however, not to custom sizes, wich makes pointless the whole resizing thing, as if you'd need to simply screen-mode you could already do it with the picasso preferences inside workbench
Old 28 June 2008, 15:06   #33
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
resinzing as in to fully fit the window.

beta 3 resizes windowed RTG only to 4:3 and however, not to custom sizes, wich makes pointless the whole resizing thing, as if you'd need to simply screen-mode you could already do it with the picasso preferences inside workbench
Ah, ok. I guess I need to fit rtg aspect ratio checkbox somewhere.

Or perhaps even select box with some standard values + none + automatic..
Old 28 June 2008, 15:31   #34
Marcuz

Quote:

that would be perfect!

sorry if i was not much understandable, again i have a poor tech vocabulary
Old 28 June 2008, 19:21   #35
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Something like this: http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip
Good enough?
Old 28 June 2008, 20:33   #36
Marcuz

it's good!

i had in mind something like :

disbled
automatic
custom

and with custom you could enter the sizes for height and width directly too, so you wouldn't have to approximate the windows sizes.

with a 2 fields line like the one in the display panel next to it.

however, if it's not woth the hassle, believe me, it's good enough

thank you!
Old 28 June 2008, 21:01   #37
Marcuz

sorry to stumble again in the discussion, but i've noticed that with the RTG set to stretch the window, if you switch to a native mode, the screen stays black if the null filter is on. (you switch it off, it the screen appears back)

both in fullscreen and in windowed modes.

DirectX works.

I guess that's some incompatibility of the two resizing managers, but as one affects only RTG and the other only native modes, and the latter is needed with a winuae window so big, it's a bit of a bug.

One more thing: switching to and from windowed and fullscreen, this time Winuae disabled aero modes of Vista (which usually MAY happen when you run 32bit video software on 64bit OS) which it has never happened with Winuae before, leaving some shit on screen until i closed Winuae .

do you need winuaelog?
Old 28 June 2008, 22:52   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
and with custom you could enter the sizes for height and width directly too, so you wouldn't have to approximate the windows sizes.
I didn't bother, nobody needs them anyway and you can edit configuration file manually if needed

Quote:
sorry to stumble again in the discussion, but i've noticed that with the RTG set to stretch the window, if you switch to a native mode, the screen stays black if the null filter is on. (you switch it off, it the screen appears back)
Can't duplicate. (perhaps needs specific resolution settings = more information please )

Quote:
One more thing: switching to and from windowed and fullscreen, this time Winuae disabled aero modes of Vista (which usually MAY happen when you run 32bit video software on 64bit OS) which it has never happened with Winuae before, leaving some shit on screen until i closed Winuae .
Aero always gets disabled in fullscreen modes.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 28 June 2008 at 23:06.
Old 28 June 2008, 23:29   #39
Marcuz

Quote:
I didn't bother, nobody needs them anyway and you can edit configuration file manually if needed
what there is already is more than enough! if you'll ever get back to rearrange buttons in the GUI, will maybe be worthy to think about it (putting all together RTG stuff, bar the ram, in the display panel).
but that's an opinion, not a bug report, and as it is now, it works

Quote:
Can't duplicate. (perhaps needs specific resolution settings = more information please )
ok i attach the configuration. the HD boots in a UAE 800*600 32 BIT picasso wb.
with that setting, if you just switch to a normal mode, either by prefs, or launching a native mode program, like whdload, the screen stays black.

as a sidenote, the particular settings of the null filter that there are, are ininfluent, i have tested many other: these were the last ones i saved. it happens the same thing anyway.

Quote:
Aero always gets disabled in fullscreen modes.
ok, but it seemed to me that in this case winuae was sucking away all the resources like when it hangs, and it switched off aero already when i turn back to windowed mode, and that i've never seen.

if you happen to reproduce what described above about the filter, try some fullscreen switching and back, to check it: as i said, as it doesn't hanged, in the end, it may just be nothing of important.

i have got to say, that the last betas, no matter the minor problems and the bugfixing, are really great Toni! it seems to me Winuae is every day more solid as a software, without sacrificing versatility.
Attached Files
File Type: uae - ClassicWB_P96 WINDOWED.uae (23.7 KB, 367 views)
Old 29 June 2008, 21:57   #40
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
ok i attach the configuration. the HD boots in a UAE 800*600 32 BIT picasso wb.
with that setting, if you just switch to a normal mode, either by prefs, or launching a native mode program, like whdload, the screen stays black.
Can't duplicate, even with your configuration (after fixing rom path and harddrive path)

Logs needed.

Quote:
ok, but it seemed to me that in this case winuae was sucking away all the resources like when it hangs, and it switched off aero already when i turn back to windowed mode, and that i've never seen.
Aero gets disabled if program tries to read or write visible display ram directly (instead of blitting)

Quote:
if you happen to reproduce what described above about the filter, try some fullscreen switching and back, to check it: as i said, as it doesn't hanged, in the end, it may just be nothing of important.
RTG or native or both? Logs again

Quote:
i have got to say, that the last betas, no matter the minor problems and the bugfixing, are really great Toni! it seems to me Winuae is every day more solid as a software, without sacrificing versatility.
Thanks. It gets better faster if there is feedback. Thanks again