English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10 January 2016, 14:18   #121
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 19,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I would prefer your second suggestion. myself.
That's what I ended up going for

It's a really wicked game; loads of fun and the graphics are cool.

Again thank you to yourself / clenched and Boo Boo for making this happen

...and as mentioned in my other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I wonder why this game isn't listed on HOL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
The only reason it's not featured on HOL is because it's not yet occurred to anyone to submit it.
This game definitely deserves an entry (as does the updated "Renegades Deluxe": http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1061703)
DamienD is offline  
Old 10 January 2016, 16:58   #122
seuden
uber cool demi god

seuden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent/England
Posts: 2,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
The only drawback is that you can't save your high scores.
Maybe Galahad or Sting could have a look?
seuden is offline  
Old 21 January 2016, 16:08   #123
puppe
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
Maybe Galahad or Sting could have a look?
I'm working on a WHDLoad slave for this. Should I add highscore saving?
I looked through the game and couldn't find any traces of it accessing the disk at all from inside the game.
 
Old 23 January 2016, 01:38   #124
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppe View Post
I'm working on a WHDLoad slave for this. Should I add highscore saving?
If you could do it, then yes, definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppe View Post
I looked through the game and couldn't find any traces of it accessing the disk at all from inside the game.
Do you think there's a chance you could add highscore saving to the disk as well?

It's not known for sure whether there was originally highscore saving on the disk or not, but what you've said here seems to suggest that it wasn't.

If it can be done, there's probably space on the disk in Track 0 or 1 for the highscores.
prowler is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 06:21   #125
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

hipoonios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sweden
Age: 42
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
This game definitely deserves an entry (as does the updated "Renegades Deluxe": http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1061703)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler;
IThe only reason it's not featured on HOL is because it's not yet occurred to anyone to submit it.
This excellent game is now finally added to HOL: http://hol.abime.net/6225

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
Can all 50 levels be played now?
Yes they can!

Last edited by hipoonios; 03 March 2017 at 07:13.
hipoonios is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 17:37   #126
clenched
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gainesville U.S.A.
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
This excellent game is now finally added to HOL: http://hol.abime.net/6225
Here is a cheat you can publish. I don't know if prowler returned the disk. Maybe it can be scanned too.
clenched is offline  
Old 03 March 2017, 21:23   #127
Akira
Black Lives Matter

Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 19,478
Thanks hipoonios as usual for bringing to light hidden gems in PD libraries! This game looks really good, will have to try it out this weekend.
Akira is offline  
Old 04 March 2017, 00:03   #128
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
This excellent game is now finally added to HOL: http://hol.abime.net/6225

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
Can all 50 levels be played now?
Yes they can!
Thanks, hipoonios. Great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clenched View Post
I don't know if prowler returned the disk. Maybe it can be scanned too.
No, mate, I didn't return the disk, as pickaweapon didn't want it back. So I can scan it now and submit it to HOL.
prowler is offline  
Old 04 March 2017, 18:48   #129
MikeyG
Registered User

MikeyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 106
Like to thank Prowler & Clenched for all the great work in restoring this game!
I remember playing the demo of this back in the day.
Enjoy playing it and makes it even more special knowing that it was nearly lost.

I read this thread early Friday morning before I went to work. (IT Technician in a school)
It was interesting following how prowler was over time fixing sector by sector.
When I got to work, very spooky coincidence. Someone came to me holding 2 floppy disks asking if I could possibly try and restore the data on them. It has been years since staff have used floppies so of all the days for this to happen it was amazing.
If it wasn't for this thread and your interesting journey prowler I would of probably just said to bin them, but you inspired me to have a go and try and after some research I was partially successful. Disk1 70% recovered and disk2 98% and a very happy and surprised owner.
Thanks Prowler! ;-)
MikeyG is offline  
Old 04 March 2017, 20:18   #130
attle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: RAM:
Posts: 76
What a nice little game. Is it just me, or does it only work on Kickstart 1.3? I get a guru with 3.1 when it's loading the menu.
attle is offline  
Old 04 March 2017, 22:59   #131
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
I read this thread early Friday morning before I went to work. (IT Technician in a school)
It was interesting following how prowler was over time fixing sector by sector.
When I got to work, very spooky coincidence. Someone came to me holding 2 floppy disks asking if I could possibly try and restore the data on them. It has been years since staff have used floppies so of all the days for this to happen it was amazing.
If it wasn't for this thread and your interesting journey prowler I would of probably just said to bin them, but you inspired me to have a go and try and after some research I was partially successful. Disk1 70% recovered and disk2 98% and a very happy and surprised owner.
Thanks Prowler! ;-)
Thanks for your feedback, Mikey.

I always try to convey what's been happening when I post about disk recoveries I have attempted, in order to help others who might wish to have a go themselves. It took me a fair while to gather the necessary equipment and learn about the filesystems, but this disk has no filesystem, so it doesn't conform to the normal rules, and the only method which works is trial and error.

You don't say whether the disks you were working on were for the Amiga or some other system, but in any case you will always be very welcome to post any questions you might have concerning those disks or any others in our forums. Any platform and filesystem is interesting when you're talking about disk recovery.

Thanks for joining up, and I hope to see you back here on EAB again soon.
prowler is offline  
Old 04 March 2017, 23:48   #132
MikeyG
Registered User

MikeyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Thanks for your feedback, Mikey.

I always try to convey what's been happening when I post about disk recoveries I have attempted, in order to help others who might wish to have a go themselves. It took me a fair while to gather the necessary equipment and learn about the filesystems, but this disk has no filesystem, so it doesn't conform to the normal rules, and the only method which works is trial and error.

You don't say whether the disks you were working on were for the Amiga or some other system, but in any case you will always be very welcome to post any questions you might have concerning those disks or any others in our forums. Any platform and filesystem is interesting when you're talking about disk recovery.

Thanks for joining up, and I hope to see you back here on EAB again soon.
Hi prowler, the disks were just PC High Density disks MSDOS format nothing as exotic as an Amiga. The partition table was corrupt on both. After some investigating I found the linux tool ddrescue was able to recover most of the data after a few goes. The owner I think was expecting me to say they are just too old and can't be used anymore but luckily I had the time to have a go and dig out a pc with a floppy drive. Have recovered SDCards plenty of times but first time trying to recover a floppy.
MikeyG is offline  
Old 02 January 2021, 19:23   #133
puppe
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Vendelsö
Posts: 2
Better late than never, I now have a WHDLoad slave for Snakes with highscore saved.

https://eab.abime.net/zone/Snakes.lha
puppe is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a snakes game lordofchaos Looking for a game name ? 4 06 January 2012 17:36
The One Amiga 59 (Aug 1993) : Snakes game registered? Rakki request.Old Rare Games 3 17 July 2011 15:57
Snakes/Super Twintris DeAdLy_cOoKiE request.Old Rare Games 0 12 June 2007 10:00

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08529 seconds with 16 queries