English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 22 July 2020, 18:35   #601
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Hercules, I can understand you having a gripe with the company.
Feedback (either negative or positive) is welcome on EAB.

But it is starting to sound like you are on a vendetta against them. I am pretty sure other customers can easily find the coordinates by themselves. Or if you wish so, they can PM and ask you.

In case you want to start some legal actions against them, it would be advisable to announce it in a post and then organize with other people via PM, not on the public forums.
Old 22 July 2020, 18:57   #602
Mick

Do they have exclusivity? a lot of people will be put off by the seller at this point which is a shame because it's a really amazing product. I'd love to buy 2-3 but the thought of waiting 6-18mths for it is horrifying, assuming they even survive in the current economic climate.
Old 22 July 2020, 19:08   #603
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Do they have exclusivity? a lot of people will be put off by the seller at this point which is a shame because it's a really amazing product. I'd love to buy 2-3 but the thought of waiting 6-18mths for it is horrifying, assuming they even survive in the current economic climate.
the moulds for the MX keycaps were paid for by AOTL, so unless he is willing to sell them seperately or as a kit then yes, he does have exclusivity. The board design is mine and the USB coding is MKstr which is still our property. The boards are still being assembled and i am trying to persuade AOTL to start allowing kit form once orders have levelled off.

The boards themselves to solder are at what i consider 8/10 solder difficulty and they are time consuming to build and verify. I understand the frustration and if it was just me doing the assembly i know i would prob be the target of everyones ire.

I will continue to pester them for a kit form release. As a kit form though the warranty will be diluted due to being untested completely and i would imagine there may be a few issues there also
Old 22 July 2020, 19:28   #604
Mick

Oh right I just wondered because I vaguely remember you mentioning ages ago about possibly finding a European seller? a kit option would be better than the current wait.
Old 22 July 2020, 19:37   #605
kipper2k

i do have the a600 MX keyboard fully completed and MX keycaps are available for it. Until i find a good way for it to be available to people quickly it is on hold.
Also the C64 MX keyboard is fully completed (with a bonus feature
Old 22 July 2020, 20:18   #606
Romanujan

I would happily purchased Cherry MX C64 keyboard with keycaps - I just beg you, not Amiga On The Lake.
Old 22 July 2020, 21:23   #607
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Hercules, I can understand you having a gripe with the company.
Feedback (either negative or positive) is welcome on EAB.

But it is starting to sound like you are on a vendetta against them. I am pretty sure other customers can easily find the coordinates by themselves. Or if you wish so, they can PM and ask you.

In case you want to start some legal actions against them, it would be advisable to announce it in a post and then organize with other people via PM, not on the public forums.
I never have a vendetta against anyone, but I shall certainly shine a light of truth on these forums - more so to those loyal Amiga users whose loyalty is taken advantage of by issuing broken promises. The old saying: three things cannot be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
Old 22 July 2020, 21:30   #608
kipper2k

It appears to me that you are inciting hate by telling people to drop over. Did you read the last release that AOTL released apologizing, i guess in your righteous mind that means nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
I never have a vendetta against anyone, but I shall certainly shine a light of truth on these forums - more so to those loyal Amiga users whose loyalty is taken advantage of by issuing broken promises. The old saying: three things cannot be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
Old 22 July 2020, 21:33   #609
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
if you ordered 1 and didnt get it and paid for it, get your money back and move on. Nuff said!
Do you not think I not tried that already? Non returned emails, unanswered calls, and when politely challenging them over the phone about broken promises they hang up the phone. Please stop defending them.
Old 22 July 2020, 21:35   #610
kipper2k

as stated prevuiously, if you paid and not got item, then get your money back!!. They do not steal your money and move on

Quote:
Do you not think I not tried that already? Non returned emails, unanswered calls, and when politely challenging them over the phone about broken promises they hang up the phone. Please stop defending them.

Last edited by lilalurl; 22 July 2020 at 22:06.
Old 22 July 2020, 21:36   #611
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Quote:
It appears to me that you are inciting hate by telling people to drop over. Did you read the last release that AOTL released apologizing, i guess in your righteous mind that means nothing
Hate? Not at all, if they not answering or returning calls or emails then what is wrong asking them directly in person? How is that hate? All people want is honest answers.
Old 22 July 2020, 21:39   #612
kipper2k

Quote:
Hate? Not at all, if they not answering or returning calls or emails then what is wrong asking them directly in person? How is that hate? All people want is honest answers.

get your money back
Old 22 July 2020, 21:43   #613
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Quote:
get your money back
Re-read reply to post #609 again.
Old 22 July 2020, 21:44   #614
kipper2k

Quote:
Re-read reply to post #608 again.
send me your payment details in PM and i will get him to rtefund you
Old 22 July 2020, 21:52   #615
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Pm sent.
Old 22 July 2020, 21:57   #616
kipper2k

Quote:
Pm sent.

k, i will phone him tomorrow
Old 22 July 2020, 22:04   #617
Hercules
Vodka monster.

Thank you.
Old 22 July 2020, 23:03   #618
NorthWay

So the chances of re-done A1000 keyboards are up there with that infamous snowball?
Old 23 July 2020, 02:43   #619
Argo

I'm amazed no one has said they contacted the NYS State Attourney General's office about their order
Old 23 July 2020, 03:08   #620
lmimmfn

Quote:
if you ordered 1 and didnt get it and paid for it, get your money back and move on. Nuff said!
Is there any way to get a replacement clip for the kb ribbon to the kb? the quality is excellent but i busted my clip recently installing a vampire on my A1200( i hate the ribbon solution on Amiga but of course nothing to do with your excellent solution as legacy) and im back to kb half working based on contact.
Or can we get models for 3d printing same?