English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 21 February 2009, 20:39   #61
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
The reason the Amiga was never popular in over in the US is because Doommaster sang his version of 'Only Amiga' on the radio.

Damn Doomie!
Old 22 February 2009, 02:12   #62
Yoto
1 Potato to Spam´em all!

@ Blade002 and Akira

Wait! Hey guys come on...its all cool really! No need to get upset!

I use my Amiga 1200 as i use my Pc´s...well...sort of...i´ll try my best to explain:

Amiga games are unique, so they are never too old for me, its like Jules Vern books,his tales were written long time ago, but i still enjoy reading them from time to time.
I´ve learned to accept my Amiga limitations, i see it for what it truly means to me.
C64 and Amiga are both great, nostalgic or not they represent a part of our lives that will NEVER return again (like it or not)...Just read the "Confess your sins thread" i recall doing many of the things posted there.
Thats what i meant when i said it was a symbol of "our" (mine) rebel youth!
When i said it was "a way of life", well ... just mind this, what unites us in here?
Different languages, different countries, but hell, we all make an effort to post often and try to keep EAB alive somehow...if this isnt a way of life, i really dont know what a way of life really is...

Its cool guys your the best!
Old 22 February 2009, 02:16   #63
NovaCoder

I've got a feeling they might go tits up, not sure if you could really blame the economic climate though. I'm not even sure where they get their money from anyway...certainly not from software sales? How can they afford to fight their legal battles...anyone know?

Last edited by NovaCoder; 22 February 2009 at 08:07.
Old 22 February 2009, 14:14   #64
amigarobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Amiga Inc. will die in the current bad economy? Opinions?

They don't do anything, they don't make anything, they don't sell anything. What difference willl the economy make?
Old 22 February 2009, 15:49   #65
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigarobbo View Post
They don't do anything, they don't make anything, they don't sell anything. What difference willl the economy make?
Have not you heard? Bill McAnus has assured us Amiga OS 5 will "Blow mac OS X out of the water!".
Old 22 February 2009, 16:47   #66
pubzombie

Jeeze guys, I am new round here but anybody would think we had reason to argue with each other.

I dont know how to classify my interest in amiga, or if it serves any purpose? I just like good games, and I like to play those games on the original hardware over emulation. I like to do this because I am lazy and like to sit (lie down on sofa) and play games these days than sit at my desk at my laptop or PC. I didnt have a miggy for years because they were robbed, but continued to use my commodre 64's, eventually using my laptop as the data device. I have not got into the demoscene on either C64 or amiga and I have never played new games, just the old ones i loved and still want to play - believe me there are plenty I dont want to play.
There is no date on good games for me, if somebody wants to class me as a retro gamer then so be it.

It would be nice if the amiga hardware could end up being owned by the community though. Since i have been around here I have seen so much hardwork done by people that it might as well belong to them
Old 22 February 2009, 16:58   #67
ancalimon
Supernormal

I have a feeling that bankruptcy of Commodore had something to do with New World Order. And 2012 is a year of importance to all of us.
Old 02 March 2009, 01:35   #68
JACK98

if i was boss of current amiga inc,i just give into the dominance of ms windows use ibm pc componets
Old 02 March 2009, 01:50   #69
Skope
Protracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I didn't even know they were still going.

As far as I am concerned, Amiga is dead, its now a retro hobbyist machine, any pretence that having the company name of 'Amiga Inc' somehow making them legitimate is laughable.
I couldn't agree more. I don't recognize them as having anything to do with Amiga at all anyway. Just let it go already. Amiga Inc is a company that does nothing to interrest me.
Old 02 March 2009, 01:52   #70
JACK98

That's why i would just give into the ibm/windows tech if i was boss of amiga inc.just keep the name.look at commodore pc...

Last edited by JACK98; 15 November 2013 at 19:29.
Old 02 March 2009, 02:30   #71
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
If the brand disappears, I want to be the first to build arcade machines with Amiga hardware inside . (If that sounds somewhat like a nonsense idea, don't fret).

Still, whether Haage & Partner continue to license Amiga roms or not has to be settled, I guess.

Also, the charm of looking for those roms via search engines will be lost (slightly ironical ?).
Old 02 March 2009, 02:31   #72
JACK98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
If the brand disappears, I want to be the first to build arcade machines with Amiga hardware inside . (If that sounds somewhat like a nonsense idea, don't fret).
we did kinda come close to that.some cd32s where used as interactive arcade machines

Last edited by JACK98; 15 November 2013 at 19:28.
Old 02 March 2009, 06:46   #73
APFelon
Cable Buyer

I lost all interest in Amiga Inc. when they tried to TOS me for posting a bunch of PD stuff on Usenet. It really, really pissed me off, especially since I JUST got broadband (back in 1999 or so...?) and my ISP nearly canceled my service over games Amiga had no RIGHT to enforce their copyright over. They were PUBLIC DOMAIN!

So die, Amiga Inc. Go back to the cesspool that spawned you.
Old 03 March 2009, 14:51   #74
Madcrow

Not a moment too soon. Amiga Inc is a vile corporation that sees its own namesake as more of a historical embarrassment than a legacy to be proud of. Note how they're suing to get Amiga OS 4 removed from the market (under the excuse that because Hyperion actually took the time to get things right and deliver an excellent OS, rather than a buggy, barebones PPC port of OS 3.1, they somehow violated the contract) and how their website is pretty much solely focused on crapware for cellphones. May Amiga Inc die a million horrible deaths for besmirching the name and legacy of the Amiga.
Old 03 March 2009, 15:15   #75
blade002
Zone Friend

Hmmm... i seem to have had a post removed, any reason as to why this has happened, may the Moderators please elaborate and in future when they do such a thing, please inform as to why so either A: I know what not to do in the future and B: Just out of due respect.
Old 03 March 2009, 15:38   #76
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK98 View Post
if i was boss of current amiga inc,i just give into the dominance of ms windows use ibm pc componets
This dominance is dying and will never be attained again. I hope MS gos south as well. That's a true dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
Hmmm... i seem to have had a post removed, any reason as to why this has happened, may the Moderators please elaborate and in future when they do such a thing, please inform as to why so either A: I know what not to do in the future and B: Just out of due respect.
Your post was probably removed because no transvestites are allowed to post here.

Last edited by Graham Humphrey; 04 March 2009 at 10:34. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged
Old 03 March 2009, 16:22   #77
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Fop View Post
Your post was probably removed because no transvestites are allowed to post here.
Sssssh!!!.. Its supposed to be a secret!
Old 03 March 2009, 20:41   #78
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Ke??? I think you're being a little paranoid blade

Just checked the complete thread and there is only 1 post deleted which was created by Fred and deleted by Fred...

I'm going to quote something you've written above

Quote:

You are a crazy man, but i forgive you
Old 03 March 2009, 23:54   #79
aldo

no, please God nooooo.
Who bloody cares
Old 04 March 2009, 16:05   #80
Madcrow

As I said before, Amiga Inc is holding back the platform. Hyperion has all sorts of neat things that would sell like crazy: such as version of OS4 for PPC Macs and the PS3, that they can't really release for fear of causing problems in their legal battle with Amiga Inc. If Amiga Inc were to die, those who actually give a crap about the Amiga would be in a MUCH better position to actually do stuff.