English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 27 October 2011, 09:34   #1
meynaf
son of 68k

prb with Dragonflight (whdload, english version)

I've found out that the version i'm using has a problem with a specific file, hence the game will behave strangely or even can't be finished (didn't verify).

But file "DT07" is identical as "DT06", where it mustn't be (texts in that file, once decrunched, clearly prove it for anyone who has played that game far enough). In german version they seem to be fine.
So was it a translation problem or did some folk stupidly copy another file over a damaged one ?

Do anyone have a good english version of it ?
Old 27 October 2011, 18:55   #2
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
This game exists in french release meynaf ! did you tried it ?
Old 29 October 2011, 08:36   #3
meynaf
son of 68k

I know a french version exists.

But... Where to find this version ?
Do you have a link where I can grab it ?

Furthermore, I dunno if the translation is any good. In many games, unfortunately, translation is very bad and it's better not to use it.
Old 29 October 2011, 10:34   #4
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

i have it as IPF, extended ADF, and whdload installed version, which one are you looking for ?

the translation is good from what i saw about it
Old 29 October 2011, 18:24   #5
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

I have uploaded Dragon flight in french for whdload installed in the zone.

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 29 October 2011 at 18:51.
Old 31 October 2011, 08:24   #6
meynaf
son of 68k

Thanks. This was indeed the version i was looking for.
I'll test it in the next few days.
Old 31 October 2011, 11:20   #7
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

One question, did you made the maps of the external world (which look like a dragon ?)
Old 31 October 2011, 12:26   #8
Wepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
I've found out that the version i'm using has a problem with a specific file, hence the game will behave strangely or even can't be finished (didn't verify).

But file "DT07" is identical as "DT06", where it mustn't be (texts in that file, once decrunched, clearly prove it for anyone who has played that game far enough). In german version they seem to be fine.
So was it a translation problem or did some folk stupidly copy another file over a damaged one ?

Do anyone have a good english version of it ?
the files are also equal on the sps-2098, maybe a mistake of the developers
Old 01 November 2011, 01:21   #9
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

@wepl : The french doesn't have this problem, DT07 differs from DT06. It's a bug from the translation process and assembly. This game has to be anyway looked for bugs and then patched.... i found a video longplay made by a german on atari ST where he had to stop the recording because even the ST release for Steem emulator has still a copy protection access not removed which prevent finishing the game.

One question about this Wepl, could it be possible to have a special trainer in order to not be dying, and then check any place of the game to be sure there is no bug waiting to trigger ?

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 24 April 2013 at 23:30.
Old 01 November 2011, 17:04   #10
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
@wepl : The french doesn't have this problem, DT07 differs from DT06. It's a bug from the translation process and assembly. This game has to be anyway looked for bugs and then patched.... i found a video longplay made by a german on atari ST where he had to stop the recording because even the ST release for Steem emulator has a bug that render impossible to finish the game.

One question about this Wepl, could it be possible to have a special trainer in order to not be dying, and then check any place of the game to be sure there is no bug waiting to trigger ?
Perhaps french version has other bug

What is this bugfix for?
This bugfix corrects an error in PEGANA, where ELKAMUR doesn't answer when he is showed some items.
The bug only exists in the french version!

I'm very sorry about this bug which is a original bug from the French version from 1990!
Nevertheless, enjoy playing DRAGONFLIGHT!

Udo Fischer
Old 01 November 2011, 17:44   #11
Wepl

the german version has been played to the end by an tester, the latest install release fixed several copylock related issues appearing late in the game.
I have no informations on the english and french versions, but doubt that anybody played it to the end.
I have ATM also no time to search for any issues.
Regarding the DT07/6 in english: if someone provides a fixed file I can assemble it into the install.
Old 02 November 2011, 08:02   #12
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

I have also submitted a bug report on mantis for this game, because when 1 mouse click should bring 1 action, it's actually too fast, when i click for 1 action i get 2 done.

This also affects how you can choose a quantity of product in shops, instead of stepping normally like it should on an A500, it's going too fast.

I will check for the Elkamur bug tonight
Old 02 November 2011, 11:56   #13
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepl View Post
the german version has been played to the end by an tester, the latest install release fixed several copylock related issues appearing late in the game.
I have no informations on the english and french versions, but doubt that anybody played it to the end.
Regarding the DT07/6 in english: if someone provides a fixed file I can assemble it into the install.
Here are fixes/updates for english and french version.
I don't check french version exactly, perhaps can exist a few more updates.
Attached Files
File Type: lzx DragonFixes.lzx (25.4 KB, 197 views)
Old 02 November 2011, 13:15   #14
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Excellent Don ! I guess now wepl will integrate those in the whdload installer

Would Udo share the source code and the tool with us ?

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 02 November 2011 at 23:55.
Old 03 November 2011, 09:04   #15
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
One question, did you made the maps of the external world (which look like a dragon ?)
No. But I have all pieces of the magic map, so this isn't very relevant to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepl View Post
Alternatively you can use files from french or german version on the english version. It seems to works - apart for accentuated characters.

Quote:
I have also submitted a bug report on mantis for this game, because when 1 mouse click should bring 1 action, it's actually too fast, when i click for 1 action i get 2 done.

This also affects how you can choose a quantity of product in shops, instead of stepping normally like it should on an A500, it's going too fast.
This is this game's main problem indeed. Using "nocache" option helps a bit, but does not solve it - and makes the game painfully slow in comparison. Looking at magic map also is painful because of this prb (once out of two, you won't see it for more than one second).

This bug is easy to see : just visit Dambrano at the university, then quit. You must have very quick mouse button release or you won't see the text upon exit.

Quote:
I will check for the Elkamur bug tonight
Oh no, not another bug... I don't want to play the game from start another time to check this

Btw. I've found another - small - bug in dungeon #6 (Dorithannon north), at level 10. Some minor content you'll miss at one place, but nevertheless. I'd be able to fix it - if I could repack the files.

EDIT: This french version appears to be (relatively) fine. Translation is reasonable, apart for some mistakes, for example they should perhaps be told that elves are definitely not leprechauns (elfe vs lutin). Could be fixed perhaps, but text files not only contain texts (also offsets and even some sort of script).

Last edited by meynaf; 03 November 2011 at 09:35.
Old 03 November 2011, 15:41   #16
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

We need to ask Udo the tools to rework the files, maybe Alexander can help us about this ?
Old 03 November 2011, 16:07   #17
Don_Adan

Quote:
Excellent Don ! I guess now wepl will integrate those in the whdload installer

Would Udo share the source code and the tool with us ?
All files are taken from latest Atari ST version of Dragonflight game.
Most files can be fixed without Udo tools, but at first meynaf must check latest fixes from game author. Only JEK Packer (if I remember right name of this ST packer) is necessary for packing and xfd for depacking.
Old 03 November 2011, 16:32   #18
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Can you ask Udo if he would be ok to share his JEK packer ? I have also noticed many translation errors, would be good to fix those too ^^ !
Old 03 November 2011, 16:41   #19
Don_Adan

Quote:
Can you ask Udo if he would be ok to share his JEK packer ? I have also noticed many translation errors, would be good to fix those too ^^ !
If you don't want to create new (original) second disk of Dragonflight, then small translation errors can be fixed via WHDload slave.
JEK Packer (I'm not sure if this is corrected name, but it has "JEK!" ID at end of packed file, this ID is removed/cutted from Dragonflight files) can be perhaps easy to find on any Atari ST packer compilation.
Old 03 November 2011, 18:33   #20
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

It's a proprietary tool like the 'Lothar Becks' LOB packer. Better asking Udo first.