Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Might try rawread next, and another beer
Sounds like a plan.
Old 13 November 2011, 00:08   #22
BarryB
Amigaholic

BINGO!!!! or BEERGO!!

Rawread has cracked it (pun intended) It loads on WinUAE but has a few graphical glitches on the menu screen but the game itself is playable!! I also think they screwed the controls up, you have to put your joystick in the mouse port otherwise the mouse is used to navigate the menus and control player 1??

I'll tell you one thing though, trying to use an amiga with no HDD is pain in the AREXX!!
Old 13 November 2011, 00:11   #23
prowler
Global Moderator

Well done, mate!
Old 13 November 2011, 00:13   #24
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Cracked version now in the zone by yours truly.

Should work in Winuae and real Amiga
Old 13 November 2011, 00:13   #25
antonvaltaz

Quote:
BINGO!!!! or BEERGO!!

Rawread has cracked it (pun intended) It loads on WinUAE but has a few graphical glitches on the menu screen but the game itself is playable!! I also think they screwed the controls up, you have to put your joystick in the mouse port otherwise the mouse is used to navigate the menus and control player 1??

I'll tell you one thing though, trying to use an amiga with no HDD is pain in the AREXX!!
Hurrah!

Any chance of sticking it up in the Zone?

Edit: Oops, sorry missed your message Galahad.

Cheers!

Last edited by prowler; 13 November 2011 at 00:31. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use the Edit button.
Old 13 November 2011, 00:16   #26
BarryB
Amigaholic

Hey, no problem prowler, always happy to jump through hoops for my fellow (hah! another pun) miggy users!!

I'll upload it to the zone, if Ican find it!!

NVM! In the space of me posting you've all jumped on the bandwagon Congrats to Galahad for making me waste all that time
Old 13 November 2011, 00:20   #27
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Hey, no problem prowler, always happy to jump through hoops for my fellow (hah! another pun) miggy users!!

I'll upload it to the zone, if Ican find it!!

NVM! In the space of me posting you've all jumped on the bandwagon Congrats to Galahad for making me waste all that time
Sorry

Cracked this protection 'back in the day' for Aladdin AGA Beta for Dual Crew Shining, so it was a bit easy having already done one before.

I've not playtested it, simply got into the game, not my cup of tea i'm afraid.
Old 13 November 2011, 00:30   #28
BarryB
Amigaholic

Well, it wasn't all a waste of time Galahad. At least I re-learned how to use my A1200 without a HDD.

Just tried your ADF and it seems to work fine, except it's bloody hard to play!! Can't understand how I used to play these games many years ago without a problem? Maybe being 40+ and partially pissed doesn't help :/
Old 01 December 2011, 10:49   #29
antonvaltaz

Galahad,

I've just got exactly the same result with my demo of Aladdin AGA from Amiga Power #44. (If you're wondering why I'm so bothered about magazine demos, I'm trying to recreate my old magazine coverdisk collection).

From your messages it sounds like it's probably the same reason with the same copy protection. Is there any possibility you could work you magic on this one too? Please pretty please with sugar on top?
Old 01 December 2011, 12:11   #30
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonvaltaz View Post
Galahad,

I've just got exactly the same result with my demo of Aladdin AGA from Amiga Power #44. (If you're wondering why I'm so bothered about magazine demos, I'm trying to recreate my old magazine coverdisk collection).

From your messages it sounds like it's probably the same reason with the same copy protection. Is there any possibility you could work you magic on this one too? Please pretty please with sugar on top?
Sure, just image the disk with DIC or something similar and stick in the zone.
Old 01 December 2011, 12:16   #31
antonvaltaz

Thanks Galahad. It's only just occurred to me that I'd need to provide you with an original to actually crack! My brain obviously hasn't woken up yet...

I neither have my old coverdisks any more nor a physical Amiga... I will put a message up and see if anyone has a copy and would oblige.