English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 14 January 2009, 01:26   #21
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Not a solution but here's a work-around... After multi-quoting, copy / paste all text into Notepad and then copy / paste back into the post
Would be nice if it wasn't for the fact that the smilie codes are plain ascii, and thus, they aren't removed from the text

Also, even if it did work, meynaf uses an Amiga, and has no access to Winblows with Bloatpad (maybe thats not so sad after all )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Surely the answer is don't use as many smilies, and then you don't have to delete them at all
No, really, more smilies is what I want if it's possible.
Old 14 January 2009, 13:22   #22
DH
Global Moderator

I must admit, I agree with Thorham. When multi-quoting, not that I do this much, I can see how you can reach the limit quickly. Having an increase of smilies per post would be an OK route to take, so long as it was not abused too heavily by some people

Now here's a thought, in the user CP, it would be cool if you could upload extra smilies for personal use to use in your posts, obviously having a limit of say 10 or 20 custom smilies per user. It's just a thought, so don't take this idea too seriosly. I am aware that the vBulletin software may not be as configurable or capable for things like this
Old 14 January 2009, 13:38   #23
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
I am aware that the vBulletin software may not be as configurable or capable for things like this
If you want to play with vBulletin, follow this link:

You can test the softwares functionality on that site, without installing any software!

Last edited by Thorham; 24 June 2009 at 23:43.
Old 14 January 2009, 13:48   #24
DH
Global Moderator

Pah! it says 'Sorry, the ability to create new admin demos is currently unavailable, pending an upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin.'
Old 14 January 2009, 21:58   #25
prowler
Global Moderator

I would like to see this request taken seriously.

Unfortunately, the flippant tone of many of the above posts detracts from the valid reasons for the original request.

I congratulate the great many EAB members whose first language is not English who nonetheless regularly make significant contributions to these forums. In many cases their command of the English language is so complete that there is nothing to indicate any disadvantage.

Emoticons are used to add emphasis, emotion and often also meaning which remains unspoken. I would suggest that, despite those I have mentioned above, there will be some members whose first language is not English who may perhaps rely on these smilies a bit more than the rest of us to express their thoughts.

The maximum permitted number of characters per post has recently been doubled. For the reason I have explained, I would like to see this accompanied by a similar increase in the number of smilies permitted.

Thankyou.

prowler
Old 10 February 2009, 18:58   #26
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Because this subject hasn't been looked at after the rampant spamming (and RCK perhaps missed it), I'll try bumping the thread.

Please people, don't post in this thread if you don't have anything interesting to add, thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I would like to see this request taken seriously.
Indeed