English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 26 November 2007, 20:37   #1
mark_k

Looking for "eBay buddy" in USA

Hi,

I guess this might seem a strange request but anyway...

Occasionally I see items on the eBay US site that I'm interested in, but the seller doesn't ship outside the USA.

I'd like to find someone in the USA who I could have items sent to, who would then post them on to me in the UK.

I'd pay the cost of posting plus a few dollars for your time. I could also return the favour if you ever want anything from the UK eBay site.

If there's anyone in the USA who would like to help me out, please send me a PM.

-- M
Old 26 November 2007, 20:39   #2
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
Another cracking idea lets break down those international barriers and have real FREE trade for all!

Well put mark_k
Old 26 November 2007, 20:40   #3
Dizzy
Pirate

yes nice idea.

Sometimes I even wanted one from UK to do the same a lot of UK sellers only send to UK
Old 26 November 2007, 23:03   #4
twizzle

the one thing you have to take into consideration, is the customs & excise duty, on top of your purchase price.
Old 26 November 2007, 23:49   #5
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

as long as its labeled as gift there wont be any duty or holding charge on it...

the biggest price hike is from the post office that charge a "holding fee" around £6 for international commercial freight (small parcels) large parcels can get quite expensive... and its not really anything to do with the import tax....

you can contact the seller in the states and mention to them the that you would be prepared to pay any extra and a little more for their time if you win the auction.

I have done this a few times and i have always been successful in negotiating the opportunity to bid or offer for an item... i have even asked a friend or two to translate a message for me... indeed i have good friends

but as long as you are honest and sincere most seller are happy to trade with you.
Old 27 November 2007, 00:09   #6
DaZZaBoY
Diamond Geezer!

Sweet idea. Are there any US based ebay smugglers in the house?
Old 27 November 2007, 10:59   #7
DrF
Blessed A1200 Of TeH Rat

Some parcel services can sell you a US post address (well there warehouse) and them ship the item on to you.

http://www.parcel2go.com/mail-forwarding-service.html

Shame its so god dam expensive 5Kgs is £29.50

I ran into a problem once trying to buy software and it refused to take my "None American issued" card, strangly it took another card though :/
Old 28 November 2007, 01:39   #8
mark_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
you can contact the seller in the states and mention to them the that you would be prepared to pay any extra and a little more for their time if you win the auction.

I have done this a few times and i have always been successful in negotiating the opportunity to bid or offer for an item... i have even asked a friend or two to translate a message for me... indeed i have good friends

but as long as you are honest and sincere most seller are happy to trade with you.
Yeah, I've done that a few times. I only really need someone to forward a package if for whatever reason the seller won't send directly to me.

I've had a lot of items sent to me over the years, so know about the different postal services and costs. (Could even give full instructions for the sender if they're not sure.)

If anyone in the US would like to find someone to do a similar thing with UK eBay items, I'd be happy to consolidate several items into one package to reduce the postage cost.

-- M

Last edited by mark_k; 28 November 2007 at 02:02.