Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 07 March 2006, 01:02   #21
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rob-
Trainer updated with a extra toggle function: toggle collision/kill enemy
thank you...passed it.

interesting: the amiga version only features 7 islands even though I got all emeralds. usually the original version has 10 islands (3 of them are unlocked when you get all diamonds on the first seven islands)
Old 11 March 2006, 10:23   #22
redblade
Zone Friend

must of ran out of disk space.

The O.O.P.S engine is really nice though
Old 04 May 2006, 23:21   #23
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
off top of my head I don't think so..

I completed this game without cheating.. sorry
I was just trying to do the same thing..... got up to DOH Island and the screen went RED.... Can't begin to tell you how i'm feeling right now....

Luckily I did a savestate before starting DOH island so all I need now is someone to point me to a "working copy"....

Had Rainbow Islands adf for quite a while so cannot remember which site I downloaded it from....

If your wondering why i'm playing a game that really is for kids... well i'm going through all games finding simple ones for my kids to play. Now, either i'm getting old, or RI has always been a mighty tough game! ok, ok, ive been reminiscing!!
Old 05 May 2006, 00:48   #24
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy
I was just trying to do the same thing..... got up to DOH Island and the screen went RED.... Can't begin to tell you how i'm feeling right now....

Luckily I did a savestate before starting DOH island so all I need now is someone to point me to a "working copy"....

Had Rainbow Islands adf for quite a while so cannot remember which site I downloaded it from....

If your wondering why i'm playing a game that really is for kids... well i'm going through all games finding simple ones for my kids to play. Now, either i'm getting old, or RI has always been a mighty tough game! ok, ok, ive been reminiscing!!
yep, in that case (doh island) you got the wrong copy of the game - rob just fixed one with trainer option (yes, you can deactivate it, too) that worked for me - i finished it - no hang up on doh

i also like to play the old games - to a certain degree it makes me feel like a kid /teenager again
Old 05 May 2006, 01:01   #25
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareks
yep, in that case (doh island) you got the wrong copy of the game - rob just fixed one with trainer option (yes, you can deactivate it, too) that worked for me - i finished it - no hang up on doh
Luvvly Jubbly.... except its expired from the Zone... so Rob me ol' mate, or indeed your good self Sareks.... any chance of uploading this fixed version?

Quote:
i also like to play the old games - to a certain degree it makes me feel like a kid /teenager again
Thats true, sometimes I want to lock myself in at home with a stockpile of junk food/drink, and just play all those old games for a month.... or two!
Old 05 May 2006, 01:30   #26
sareks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy
Luvvly Jubbly.... except its expired from the Zone... so Rob me ol' mate, or indeed your good self Sareks.... any chance of uploading this fixed version?

Thats true, sometimes I want to lock myself in at home with a stockpile of junk food/drink, and just play all those old games for a month.... or two!
yep, me too - btw. have a glance at the zone, please...there's something special for all those who like sun&rain at the same time

ps: yeah and if you would like to play the original you might want to try the mame-version with a total of 10 islands after unlocking all diamonds - the amiga version only feat. 7
Old 05 May 2006, 06:36   #27
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Important: please remember to post this information to Adderly's thread as well so that people know which cracks are bad (crashing late etc.) and which are good!

In particular, the cracks which do not work past DOH Island should be identified!
Old 05 May 2006, 10:39   #28
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
yeah and if you would like to play the original you might want to try the mame-version with a total of 10 islands after unlocking all diamonds - the amiga version only feat. 7
I had tons of mame games on the original pc had before this one... I sold it on, and now I can't find the CD I had with them all on!!! It has GOT to be in the house somewhere.... I'm missing Outrun!

Thanks for uploading it to the zone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Important: please remember to post this information to Adderly's thread as well so that people know which cracks are bad (crashing late etc.) and which are good!

In particular, the cracks which do not work past DOH Island should be identified!
I have my suspicions where I got RI adf from... will download, replay, and post in Adderly's thread when my investigation is complete

Update: Done

Last edited by quahappy; 05 May 2006 at 11:34.
Old 05 May 2006, 11:52   #29
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
great guy
Old 13 July 2006, 02:34   #30
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
Quote:
interesting: the amiga version only features 7 islands even though I got all emeralds. usually the original version has 10 islands (3 of them are unlocked when you get all diamonds on the first seven islands)
I just read an interview with Andrew Braybrook and remembered this post. In the interview Andrew said that the 3 secret islands are missing in the Amiga version because the publisher Ocean wanted the game to run on 512k Amigas. Andrew had also done an updated (AGA compatible) version and waited for Ocean to get in contact with him. (source: Amiga Joker, issue from december 1993).
Old 13 July 2006, 02:45   #31
BippyM
Global Moderator

The AGA version must have been programmed after 1992 as that is when AGA was released!!!
Old 13 July 2006, 14:26   #32
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
Yeah, it seems the AGA compatible version was never released. Maybe because Ocean had lost interest in the game after the initial release and so they never requested Andrew's updated version.
Old 16 July 2006, 02:54   #33
number_371

I don't know if anyone said this already, but for collecting the diamonds, you can control which diamond colour appears by getting the defeated enemy that releases it to land in the appropriate column of the screen. If it lands at the far left it will be red, and at the far right it'll be magenta, and all the other colours fit inbetween according to their position in the rainbow.

I eventually had Rainbow Islands on the Amiga but I mostly played it on the C64. I don't think I ever got to the end with all the diamonds so I don't know if it had extra worlds beyond 7. I seem to remember the Amiga version being harder, probably never got past the monster world on that version.

Rainbow Islands had some pretty great conversions, I thought the version they managed on the ZX was particularly impressive.