English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 07 December 2011, 20:33   #21
fuzzylogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Which parts should that be? I only saw somewhat long-winded code but nothing that looks like compiler output. If you give me the offset for the routines you think are made by a compiler I'll check again.
Yeah you're right, in the fist look its seems to be compiler output on a second look it just looks like bad code assembled together with strange debug? strings packed in one executable :-)
Old 08 December 2011, 22:23   #22
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Could the strange strings be references to self-built libraries and other tools?

Regardless of what language I program in, I usually end up creating my own tools (e.g. image conversion, mouse movement recorder etc.) unless I find someone elses which is easy to pick-up and use.

Regards,
Lonewolf10
Old 13 May 2015, 09:49   #23
Ken S.

Hi there, I know this is 4 years late, just join recently. Thought I would put my 2 cents in. On the Amiga 1200 I used AMOS Pro in the early '90. Before that I use COMAL on the C64. Now I use COMAL v.14 Power Driver (1987) on the C64 Forever 2014 and UniCOMAL IBM PC 3.11 on my Windows 7 Pro, which was the last and latest version (1992) of COMAL made by UniCOMAL which also made the C64 and AmigaCOMAL (1987). AmigaCOMAL was pretty fast in benchmarks.

Old 13 May 2015, 17:41   #24
idrougge

There is a quite modern COMAL for the Amiga which is sufficiently advanced to program system-friendly programs. Check it out, it's on Aminet.
Old 20 May 2015, 10:59   #25
Apollo

From my perspective you have to differ between demo-scene stuff and the application side. Of course most of the code of Demos/Intros/Games was written in Assembler (first Kuma Seka later ASM-ONE + clones and Devpac).
On the application side Im under the impression that C was "the" language (with Aztec and Lattice) on the Amiga.
Later on (I would say somewhere around the early 90s) there were high-level languages like Modula-2/Oberon, Amiga E, Basic (Blitz), Arexx and such but none of them had the dominance like C and Assembler.

This is no disregard to compilers like DICE.
Old 28 August 2018, 10:47   #26
drHirudo
Amiga user

There are many games written in Blitz BASIC, especially on Aminet. But there are also commercial games. According to Moby Games
Foundation: Gold, BlitzBombers, Sixth Sense Investigations, Worms: The Director's Cut, Super Skidmarks, Worms, Skidmarks, Project Buzz Bar

Also some popular titles made with AMOS. According to Moby Games again, Valhalla and the Fortress of Eve, Jetstrike, Valhalla: Before the War, Keith's Quest, Valhalla and the Fortress of Eve.
Old 29 August 2018, 11:57   #27
zero

Surprised about JetStrike. It's pretty well optimized. But wasn't there an AGA version, did AMOS support AGA?
Old 29 August 2018, 12:01   #28
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by drHirudo View Post
There are many games written in Blitz BASIC, especially on Aminet. But there are also commercial games. According to Moby Games
Foundation: Gold, BlitzBombers, Sixth Sense Investigations, Worms: The Director's Cut, Super Skidmarks, Worms, Skidmarks, Project Buzz Bar

Also some popular titles made with AMOS. According to Moby Games again, Valhalla and the Fortress of Eve, Jetstrike, Valhalla: Before the War, Keith's Quest, Valhalla and the Fortress of Eve.
The shortgrey was made in AMOS.