English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 14 August 2014, 19:02   #1
junglist

Question 5 Amigas (3x a500, 2x a500+), 70 boxed games, 7joysticks,3mouses,200unboxed: value?

Hey guys, I am completely new to this forum and this is my first post. I signed up with the sole intention of finding out what the value of my Amiga collection would be. (I say my, but it's actually my dad's). Don't get me wrong, I love retro gaming (and modern), but am much more into NES and MD games. As such, I would rather try to sell this lot of stuff to someone who would get more use out of it than I would. Otherwise, it'll just stay in the attic for the rest of its life. I might sell it on here if anybody is interested (although I'm still not sure right now - sold a fair bit of stuff on ebay in my time, but their final value fees take the ****).

Where was I..? Ah yes, I posted a topic on retro collect but that place is alot more nes/snes/sega orientated. So if anybody here could help out I can't tell you how appreciative I'd be. Seems very difficult evaluating the worth of this stuff when it varies so much on ebay, and there is relatively little information online about it. One more thing: If possible I'd opt to sell this as one big joblot. It'd be a hell of alot easier. (Unless of course my dad happens to have something particularly rare in his collection, which in that case, I'd probably sell it individually). So please, if you spot anything halfway decent please let me know!

TLDR: What kind've price could I expect for all this stuff?!!?

RIGHT. Without further ado, here goes:

5 Amiga consoles
(3xA500 models, 2xA500Plus) [All with power supplies/cables, 2 manuals, some are yellowing, some seem pretty decent)
7 joysticks (inc. 1 Zipstick boxed)
3 mouses
1 gamepad
70 boxed games w/ instructions:

shadow of the beast
beneath a steel sky
sid meiers colonization
the complete chess
grand prix
PGA tour gold
flashback
pool
knightmare
M1 tank platoon
cosmic spacehead
premier manager 2
turbo challenge 2
zool
pinball dreams
EPIC (x2)
reach for the skies
space quest chapter 1
the in crowd (multipack of 6 games)
ELITE
superfrog
MiG-29
dune 2
photon paint
deluxe paint
night raider
premier collection
fire force
silent service 2
f-15 strike eagle
dog fight
summer camp
zany golf
pro tennis
star ray
skweek
mercenary (escape from targ)
hoversprint
voodoo nightmare
ninja remix
frontier elite 2
titus the fox - to marrakech and back
dizzys excellent adventures
crazy cars
rocket ranger
drivin force
insanity fight
F/A-18 interceptor (x2)
titus software (prehistorik)
wizball
magicland dizzy
batman
steigar
operation thunderbolt
the sentinel
the duel (test drive 2)
speedball
total recall
virus
rockin roll
pipe mania
live and let die
rick dangerous
jack nicklaus ... accolade
3 other dizzy games

About 200(maybe more) unboxed games (about 70% are demos/custom discs) including:
final fight
desert strike
teenage mutant ninja turtles
lemmings
wanted
apache
indiana jones
bubblebobble addicted to fun
mortal kombat
wrestlemania
yogi bear
paperboy
(quite a few more actual games I havnt mentioned, but these are the ones that caught my eye)

AND I *THINK*, that's about everything!

Like I said, I would opt to sell it all in one go, but I'm sure exceptions could be made. And, once more, I might very well end up selling alot of it on these forums if people are interested (and reliable) [I imagine most are], although by no means can I guarantee I will or will not, as I've only recently got my hands on this stuff and am still figuring out my options. So if you are interested, please give me some time! (But do let me know). I live in Essex btw.

Thankyou tremendously to anybody who replies to this post, been trying all day to work out the value of this stuff! Will upload pictures if people want more info. Really, really, appreciate it! Cheers!

Old 14 August 2014, 20:02   #2
roy bates

it depends...

does the amigas work?
what sort of condition are they in cosmetically(500+'s have batterys that leak killing the machine)
does the software work? and what condition is that in overall?

joystick and mice differ in buid quality,for instance,a leaf spring joystick to me is worth next to nothing next to a working micro switched one.
Old 14 August 2014, 20:35   #3
junglist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
it depends...

does the amigas work?
what sort of condition are they in cosmetically(500+'s have batterys that leak killing the machine)
does the software work? and what condition is that in overall?

joystick and mice differ in buid quality,for instance,a leaf spring joystick to me is worth next to nothing next to a working micro switched one.
Thanks for your response, I just plugged all of them in one at a time, and all of them power up with a gren light. I put in the discs and it sounds like its reading them. (Might try and find a monitor to hook them up to tommorow.) One of them had a red light when i turned it on (don't know what this means). None of them exploded (phew).

As for the games, all of them have been used/opened but none of them are in bad condition at all. I would say half of them are in excellent condition with only some dust on the top, the other half are in good condition but only due to some slight wear and tear around the edges. Honestly though the majority of them have been kept well over the years. Theres only one i would say isnt in great condition (box has a big bit of sticky tape repair work at the bottom.)

And lastly, as for the mice I'll do my best to describe them. Actually I'll just take a picture like I should've done in the first place, with a sample of some of the games to show their condition:

And heres a picture of the actual consoles. As you can see, 2 of them are yellowing. The others seem pretty good though. They were kept in plastic wrapping through the years in boxes. Have just realized one of them is missing that bit of plastic on the left underneath which Im guessing is some sort of expansion bay? Nothing major though, still seems to work.

Last edited by TCD; 15 August 2014 at 08:39. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.

Old 14 August 2014, 21:42   #4
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Certainly interested in Elite+Colonization if you ever decide to sell seperate
Old 14 August 2014, 23:00   #5
junglist

Ah cool, yeah i think i might decide to sell a fair bit of it separately on here if people offer reasonable prices. Will post some pics of all the games i got tommorow, if anybody else is interested in anything please tell me

Old 14 August 2014, 23:46   #6
liviux76

Hello, if you decide to sell the games separately I could be interested in turbo challenge 2, rick dangerous, superfrog and flashback depending on condition, price and shipping costs...
Old 14 August 2014, 23:59   #7
roy bates

the power light will come on even if they dont work.led on the keyboard isent supposed to stay on.

red led on the keyboard/system was normal for early 500's
open the trapdoor underneath with a coin and see if there is anything in there...
composite on the 500 and 500+ is black and white on the main unit,if you have a 520 use that for a colour picture,or a rgb scart lead.

one joystick is naff i think its a quickshot leaf spring effort,the logic 3 mouse is pretty good if it works.the other mice are just normal tank mice they were shipped with.

the bug joysticks are ok,and that green one...

has frontier still got the poster and all the books and manual and the two disks?

loose disks in a box arnt really worth anything,my advice would be to try to sell them as blank untested.
but sort through them for pd stuff and workbench related disks that sort of thing and separate those from the copied stuff.

Last edited by roy bates; 15 August 2014 at 00:12.
Old 15 August 2014, 00:03   #8
ravard

PM sent
Old 15 August 2014, 00:32   #9
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Also interested in Dune 2 Depending on delivery costs and per item

So that's

Colonization
Dune 2
Elite
Old 15 August 2014, 08:23   #10
Omolungo

Interested in Superfrog, Rocket Ranger and Shadow of the Beast if you sell them separately
Old 15 August 2014, 10:07   #11
Hewitson

"Consoles"?
Old 25 August 2014, 05:50   #12
GWhizz

Hi
You don't have Armageddon 2 Hellfire do you??
Thanks
Garry
Old 27 August 2014, 16:45   #13
junglist

No sorry garry I dont.

And my apologies to the people I didnt get back to who pm'd me, my internet has been down for the last week (BT suck). Have decided for simplicity's sake that Im gunna stick the whole lot as one big bundle on ebay. Will post the link in the ebay thread in the next few days, just as soon as i've catalogued everythings condition and decided upon which courier to use. Will be UK only. Sorry to dissapoint those who pm'd me..