English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Asm / Hardware

Old 06 May 2014, 14:54   #1
h0ffman

PT-1210 Bug Help Thread

So I thought rather than me posting 101 topics, I'd put all the help I need into one single thread. If anyone can help out with these issues, I'd appreciate it greatly.

A quick overview might be in order. To kick things off, it interrogates the folder for modules to build a list of tunes while the system is up. When that is done, the OS gets kicked out for normal operation.

When a tune is selected it re-enables the timers and loads the tune up into memory. Once completed, the timers get disabled again and we are good to go.

Kickstart 1.2 / 1.3 Issue

So, the first issue is when running from floppy, loading tunes simply doesn't work. Move to KickStart v2 or above and it all works fine. I guess it must be something to do with how unfriendly we are being with the OS, but can't work out why it works on v2 but not anything earlier.

Folder Rescan

I've just today implemented a re-scan function, this basically rescans the folder to build the module list again. The idea is that you could have modules on multiple floppy disks, switch the floppy, rescan the folder and the new tunes appear on the list.

Re-scanning the current floppy works fine, however as soon as you switch disks and re-scan, it goes mental and crashes. My guess here is that I have to wait for the device to be ready as the disk switch was done while the system was off?

EDIT: Couple of additional points.. I think the crash on the folder scan is because my code is expecting at least one tune in the list, so the crash isn't because of loading but a result of a loading error.

Also, all loading functions are performed with dos.library calls.

Last edited by h0ffman; 06 May 2014 at 15:04.
Old 07 May 2014, 01:40   #2
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi h0ffman and first of all thanks a lot for one of the greatest programs in a long time. I don't know if this is the right thread for requests, but I want to express what I was thinking in another thread http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=266

Listen: I understand that you have made this program thinking in professional dj's, but I want you to know that it is also one of the best Music Players for mods and that I have no problem of chip mem to use it on an A1200 launching it from WB.

I like a lot to use it as a music player, its graphics and also I like to press the keys from 1 to 4 disabling each one different audios of the mods, so making some kind of simple Djin' without having to use another Amiga or a Mixer or anything else....

My request is the option to use it from WB. I have an icon-launcher made, but you could use whatever. Anyway the icon is a must to use the program without floppy.

My second request would be to add it to AmiKit Real on a future update, and for that I have no hurry as I understand you want it to be downloaded from your web, so I can wait the time you think will be necessary.

Thanks again

Edit: There is another way to launch it from Workbench and having also all of the chip ram. That is using "Reboot Start" on Aminet, so you click on it, the Amiga reboots playing PT-1210 and you can quit normally pausing the music with spacebar and then holding Esc, that would make a reboot to the normal Workbench. I haven't tried it on a real Amiga and unfortunately I think it won't work in all the hardwares, but it works on WinUAE.
Anyway I don't find a reason to have to reboot if the program works perfect just with an icon launcher on Workbench, at least on AmiKit Real.

I have both methods working if you want to try any.

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 May 2014 at 17:51.
Old 27 October 2014, 02:07   #3
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I think I can bump a question after 5 months

- I would like people to use it from WB if there is enough free ram like it's the case in my version. Of course I would add an adf in the drawer.
- I would like more people trying it, so I offer my AK Real update for that.

I know there are developers that only want their software in their webs, and it dies there . I hope you will like your program to be used in my AmiKit Real update.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 October 2014 at 02:56.