English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 25 May 2002, 01:19   #61
RetroMan

Hey You have this one in your MIA List :

Wild West (1991/Automagick Industries)

May this one be the same as this one over here : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...light=far+west ??
Old 25 May 2002, 01:45   #62
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Yup, same game. In fact, it was that very thread that put that game on my list (the older, non-AGA fixed version).
Old 25 May 2002, 01:47   #63
RetroMan

Bu AFAIK the games name was also Far West before getting fixed and not Wild West
Old 25 May 2002, 05:52   #64
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Noted. Thx.
Old 11 June 2002, 18:13   #65
scifi
Resurrected...

Are yoy interested in obtaining Kampfgruppe II, Twistin'?
Old 11 June 2002, 20:24   #66
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by scifi
Are yoy interested in obtaining Kampfgruppe II, Twistin'?
Actually, no.

Well, jmmijo posted that one very recently, which I downloaded and just forgot to update my list, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. And thanks for checking the list (and getting it upped for maybe a new generation?)
Old 12 June 2002, 07:52   #67
scifi
Resurrected...

Well, Twistin' I have Stack Up in WHD format. Are you interested?
Old 13 June 2002, 00:12   #68
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by scifi
Well, Twistin' I have Stack Up in WHD format. Are you interested?
I appreciate the offer, but I have the WHD version, as well as the version that turns up on compacts.
Old 13 June 2002, 01:19   #69
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
could you upload Stack Up, please?
I know this game from the C64, but I didn't know that an Amiga version actually existed... TIA

@scifi thanks for upping!

Last edited by andreas; 13 June 2002 at 11:25.
Old 17 June 2002, 23:25   #70
DPainter

Twistin'

Can be any more specific about what on your list is truly Missin' and what may bejust Nessin' (Loch Nessin')?

Your comrade in dumps,
Old 18 June 2002, 00:53   #71
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

That's an excellent point, DP. (amazed I even understood it!) I really need two lists: one for titles that may not exist and another list for games that certainly exist and just can't find. I'll work on this.
Old 24 June 2002, 00:23   #72
DPainter

Floppy disk

I bought a cache of Amiga stuff (mostly junk) from a guy this weekend and among his disks were copies of Deep Space and the Oh No More Lemmings add-on. Unfortunately neither dumps with DISK2FDI/DMS, so I am attempting to dump them with rawread, but my A500 keeps guruing at about track 60. Let me know what else you think I should try.
Old 24 June 2002, 02:36   #73
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Hmmm...I get the impression here that these aren't actually cracks and were copied with either a parameter copier or with a hardware copier. I thought I had a tutorial on cracking Deep Space somewhere. I'll look for it and get back with you. Never mind, just found it. This is text from the Mirror package:
Quote:
Brataccas,
Arena,
Deep Space
- Synchronized Tracks

1. Check each disk with error check noting which tracks have no errors.
2. Use Raw Tracks module to copy only the tracks that have no errors. Use method as described in Raw Tracks example #1, copying standard tracks. The Raw Tracks module is the only one that synchronizes all tracks.
So you'd also need the Mirror program, as well, although I presume you have this.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not even sure if this *cracks* the game or just dupes it. At least one of those other parm copiers copies it, and possibly one of them even disables the protection, though.
Old 24 June 2002, 18:01   #74
DPainter

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Hmmm...I get the impression here that these aren't actually cracks and were copied with either a parameter copier or with a hardware copier. I thought I had a tutorial on cracking Deep Space somewhere. I'll look for it and get back with you. Never mind, just found it. This is text from the Mirror package:

So you'd also need the Mirror program, as well, although I presume you have this.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not even sure if this *cracks* the game or just dupes it. At least one of those other parm copiers copies it, and possibly one of them even disables the protection, though.
I think you're right about them not being cracks. I did successfully dump Deep Space using rawread and it *appears* to work fine, but somebody needs to play it further to make sure. It's in the Zone now.

The Lemmings add-on will not dump without crashing and I think it may be a corrupt disk. About 1/4 of these disks were corrupt and looked like they were used as drink coasters at a preschool.

Anybody wanna buy 500 or so really crappy disks?!?!?
Old 24 June 2002, 19:04   #75
Walker

Wooohooooo! Another one down!

Let's see... Deep Space..... ah yes, that's "Nelly". The Lemmings add-on is "Bertha", looks like we have to wait for her to show up....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deepspace_s1.gif
Views:	201
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	2791  
Old 24 June 2002, 21:43   #76
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Absolutely lurvley! This is very pleasing stuff. Cheers DP!

I spent an embarressing amounty of time last night updating my MIA list, but it's still not ready to go live. Perhaps later tonight.
Old 24 June 2002, 21:54   #77
DPainter

Quote:
Absolutely lurvley! This is very pleasing stuff. Cheers DP!

I spent an embarressing amounty of time last night updating my MIA list, but it's still not ready to go live. Perhaps later tonight.
I'm quite pleased with rawread's performance, although it took about 25 minutes to dump and then copy via serial port. Maybe I should try it out on Terrorpods next? Do you have any originals that are on your MIA list that you could try dumping with rawread?
Old 24 June 2002, 21:58   #78
Walker

Why rush? Take your time and finish TVIT first. You know, "Twistin's Voyages In Time". Or was it "Twistin's Vomit In Toilet"....?
Old 25 June 2002, 02:44   #79
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Walker
Why rush? Take your time and finish TVIT first. You know, "Twistin's Voyages In Time". Or was it "Twistin's Vomit In Toilet"....?
Actually, I worked on that list last night because Notepad was about the only app that wasn't crashing my PC. Sad, but true. My system is currently in worse shape than I am!
Quote:
Originally posted by DPainter
I'm quite pleased with rawread's performance, although it took about 25 minutes to dump and then copy via serial port. Maybe I should try it out on Terrorpods next? Do you have any originals that are on your MIA list that you could try dumping with rawread?
Rawread...I have forgotten what this tool is, what it requires and all that. I searched EAB on rawread and found some great threads I'd forgotten about, but no real details on where to get it, what it's included with, or any of that other jazz. And yeah, I have some originals that are on my MIA, but I'd have to look to see what they are.
Old 25 June 2002, 03:00   #80
DPainter

Quote:

Actually, I worked on that list last night because Notepad was about the only app that wasn't crashing my PC. Sad, but true. My system is currently in worse shape than I am!

Rawread...I have forgotten what this tool is, what it requires and all that. I searched EAB on rawread and found some great threads I'd forgotten about, but no real details on where to get it, what it's included with, or any of that other jazz. And yeah, I have some originals that are on my MIA, but I'd have to look to see what they are.
Rawread can be found at none other than Toni's site. I'm going to give Terrorpods a whirl tonight and hope its protection is basic enough that rawread can handle it.

Yes, please update your MIA list and distinguish between Missies/Nessies, and also reply to your PMs!