English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 18 February 2024, 15:06   #1
StateOfTheArk

Amiberry use with an old HDD image file

In the land before time when I parted with my original Amigas, I made a HDD image to use under WinUAE and installed everything I had, nicely laid out and configured (everything from word processors to WHDLoad games etc, on workbench 3.9).

I've pulled it out of retirement for some fun and games, however under Amiberry I'm not having much luck with it ... everything is intact how it used to be, however I get an error about being unable to find UAESCSI.device at boot, it's only running in 4 colours, and Picasso96 screen modes says it can't find any modes.

Obviously I'm so far out of the loop that I don't even know where the loop is, what steps do I need to take to coax this HDD image into working?

My floppy images work ok, but I don't have access to my original CDs of things like Workbench 3.9 so I can't do a reinstall from scratch

Any tips would gratefully accepted!
Old 18 February 2024, 15:41   #2
SkulleateR

You have to check the UAESCSI.DEVICE box in EXPANSIONS section of Amiberry and also configure an RTG board in the section below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amib.png
Views:	111
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	81681  
Old 20 February 2024, 10:38   #3
StateOfTheArk

Ah ok, I'll give that a go. The (now ancient) WinUAE I set it up under just had stuff on and off, rather than a whole raft of expansions!

Thank you