English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 31 January 2007, 11:08   #1
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Hudson Hawk

Before this game freezes right after exiting trainer-menu I can hear the biggest possible noise from my disk drive. It's like my Amiga would be trying to kill herself. So my question is does anyone have other version of HUDSON HAWK than this Crystal cracked suicide -version?
Old 31 January 2007, 11:45   #2
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Check the zone. I have uploaded the version I had back in the day, cracked by The Company. Hope it helps.
Old 31 January 2007, 11:49   #3
s2325
Zone Friend

But he probably need real 3.5' disk with Hudson Hawk, not adf image.
Old 31 January 2007, 11:54   #4
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Where's the problem writing back the disk? And I guess he wouldn't ask for someone sending him the actual disk, would he?
Old 01 February 2007, 08:27   #5
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Thanks StingRay! Hope this version works. My guess is that it has something to do with memory addresses?? Maybe Crystal crew didn't test it on all memory configurations back in old days..

I wonder if FANTASTIC VOYAGE (Skid Row) has same kind of problem. Except this one crashes after trainer menu without a horrible disk drive torture!!
Old 01 February 2007, 20:13   #6
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Hmm, I just dumped my old disks and just tried in WinUAE, it doesn't seem to work. Probably the disks are broken, did not test on my real A500 yet though.
Old 02 February 2007, 13:52   #7
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Yep, I noticed using UAE some full screen rainbow effects (Don't think its meant to be a sign of disk swapping? Especially when nothing happens). Well I must try sending disks and trying with A500..
Old 02 February 2007, 18:12   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
This is a 2-disk version!
Stingray you must have helped TOSEC too in finding the second disk - thanks!

The [ b] has always been suspicious to me. Disk 1 is mainly for pre-loading, so it need not have gazillions of data on it.

Got some hot hint via instant messaging from some long-time Amigan who wants to stay anonymously. He investigated the swapping problem and said it's because the disk #2 ID is incorrect, giving me a hint how to fix it.
Fixed disk 2 is in the zone, please only mark this [f] and leave my name out of that. I'm only the executive

Note: You will be required to swap disks more than 3 times. Weird!
Old 02 February 2007, 18:57   #9
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
This is a 2-disk version!
Stingray you must have helped TOSEC too in finding the second disk - thanks!
My pleasure. I have some more stuff on old disks that I didn't see in TOSEC yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Got some hot hint via instant messaging from some long-time Amigan who wants to stay anonymously. He investigated the swapping problem and said it's because the disk #2 ID is incorrect, giving me a hint how to fix it.
Fixed disk 2 is in the zone, please only mark this [f] and leave my name out of that. I'm only the executive
Funny, I was just having a look myself and checking the code to find out the problem when I read your post here. Thanks for fixing and uploading the diskimage.
Old 03 February 2007, 13:36   #10
Old Fool
Zone Friend

OK thanks guys, mystery of Hudson Hawk not working on my machine and maybe some others too is about to be solved! Luckily my disk swapping hand is on a good shape

I remeber also some version of TURRICAN II that needed disk swapping more than a once without any hints.
Old 03 February 2007, 21:39   #11
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Is the grinding on the drive reduced with the CPY crack version, or same thing as with CSL disk?
Old 05 February 2007, 10:52   #12
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Company -version doesn't make any unusual noise from floppy drive at all. I wonder what kind of software crash causes the unbeliavable noise when the disk drive is jammed (CSL version)... It would be nice thing to program such thing to happen, say in the middle of game, and frighten people with it!

It doesn't sound that bad on my second A500, but on my better one with Mitsumi(?) drive with it...... Oh dear.
Old 30 January 2010, 21:53   #13
mai

Hudson Hawk (1991)(Ocean)[cr CPY][b]
3 years later i stumbled over the [b] flag too.
From the beginning the flashing screen seemed to be known to me, often seen, if you have to insert an different disk, without getting any message to do so.
I have tried to find a second disk and was succesful and indeed now it works.
......of course fixed in next TOSEC release.
Old 09 March 2010, 15:56   #14
Vollldo

He he i'be just try the "CSL [t+5]" version on my A500. The noise from the floppy drive is simply HOR-RI-BLE, the worst i ever heard from my drive i think. As Old Fool said, it's like if the miggy would be trying to commit suicide lol !

The game failed to load the level 8, probably because i transfered it on an old corrupted blank disc.

Can someone could reupload "The Compagny" version please ? This unusual noise seems not to be good for our drive health

Thanks a lot !

Old 09 March 2010, 17:32   #15
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
The trackloader is surely the reason to the horrible noise. I remember back in the day i got this hudson hawk 2 versions and i trashed it due because i was afraid that my drive get killed.....
Old 09 March 2010, 17:51   #16
Vollldo

Dennis have you got the 2 discs version ? By the way i'm still waiting for the AB 2 AGA files, it'd be marvellous if you help me !

Old 09 March 2010, 18:12   #17
mai

"CPY" 2-disk version in the zone.

Last edited by mai; 09 March 2010 at 19:39.
Old 09 March 2010, 18:23   #18
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Nope i have trashed it. About alien breed 2 AGA, i must buy a new USB card reader, mine is actually dead
Old 09 March 2010, 19:11   #19
Vollldo

Thanks a lot mai and dennis ! Tell me dennis when you'll be able to send me the files. You can also send me a copy of the plague if you have time !

Old 30 March 2010, 11:54   #20
Vollldo

Errrr, i transfered the 2 disk version of hudson hawk and it's not working.
Same problem in winuae : I can run it only if i enable a second disk drive. Normal ???
Thanks for your help.