English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad > project.Killergorilla's WHD packs

Old 10 September 2010, 14:20   #1
Clark Kent

Updated WHDLoad.xml for WinUAELoader?

The WHDLoad.xml file for WinUAELoader seems to be very outdated (about 2.200 games from 2.648 available, some do not work anymore, etc.). Does anybody have a new version of the WHDLoad.xml file?

Is there another possibility to update the WHDLoad.xml file automatically so that it is not necessary to enter the missing or updated games manually?

Edit: I noticed that newer games which are not included in the WHDLoad.xml file are not working via command line. It seems that WinUAELoader only accepts games which are included in the xml file.

Last edited by Clark Kent; 18 September 2010 at 14:59.
Old 27 January 2011, 22:33   #2
stoneuk

Hi,Im stuck on the very same thing.Did you managed to get anywhere on this.Would love to hear about it if you did.Many thanks Steve

Old 22 March 2011, 06:35   #3
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Same issue here, I'm trying to find a solution to this.

I have successfully added a couple of games by adding these lines to the bottom of the WHDload.xml file - add them BEFORE the </WHDLoad>.

I copied Jesus On E's demo into there too - and that works fine.

Would really love an up to date file and also an XML for the demos too

<Game Name="Xenon 2" FileName="WHDLoad\Xenon2_v1.9_1Disk_2234.zip" ScrnshotFilename="X\Xenon2.png" UseMouse="False" PalNTSC="0" Cd="dh1:Xenon21Disk;" WHDLoad="Xenon21Disk.slave PRELOAD;" UAEConfig="cpu_speed=real|immediate_blits=false|cpu_compatible=true|cpu_cycle_exact=false|blitter_cycle_exact=false" />

<Game Name="Speedball 2" FileName="WHDLoad\Speedball2_v1.0_2897.zip" ScrnshotFilename="S\Speedball2.png" UseMouse="False" PalNTSC="0" Cd="dh1:Speedball2;" WHDLoad="Speedball2.slave PRELOAD;" UAEConfig="cpu_speed=real|immediate_blits=false|cpu_compatible=true|cpu_cycle_exact=false|blitter_cycle_exact=false" />

<Game Name="Jesus on E's" FileName="WHDLoad\JesusOnEs_v1.0_LSD.zip" ScrnshotFilename="X\Xenon2.png" UseMouse="False" PalNTSC="0" Cd="dh1:JesusOnEs;" WHDLoad="JesusOnEs.slave PRELOAD;" UAEConfig="cpu_speed=real|immediate_blits=false|cpu_compatible=true|cpu_cycle_exact=false|blitter_cycle_exact=false" />
Old 22 March 2011, 17:22   #4
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

You probably want to ask whoever created the whdload.xml in the first place

Because I've got no idea who handles/maintains it.
Old 23 March 2011, 02:48   #5
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

As far as I can see no one is maintaining the XML.

If you want any games adding to the XML, ask here and I will add them.

I have added these for another user:

Speedball 2
Xenon 2
Legend of Kyrandia
Frontier
Kick Off 2
Mega Lo Mania

Updated XML here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C4DAGX2C
Old 24 March 2011, 19:58   #6
brolly

I have made full XML file for the current KG pack, Clark Kent also helped me out testing some games and fixing some configs, I can search it and post it tonight maybe.
Bare in mind that not all games will work out of the box, you'll need to tweak settings on some (just like with the original config file), some won't work at all since some of the slaves on the current KG pack are outdated.

If there will be a new pack release by KG this file will most likely need to be recreated again since the filenames will probably change for many games.
Old 24 March 2011, 21:31   #7
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Excellent news!
Old 25 March 2011, 03:56   #8
brolly

There you go:
http://www..com/?n3wj72mbjk8643j

Enjoy.
Old 25 March 2011, 17:42   #9
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Many thanks for this, I haven't found anything in my early testing that doesn't work - fantastic job

Did you compile the XML by hand or did you use some kind of tool/script?

I ask because if its easy to do, would you be able to generate a list for the WHD demo collection?

Commodore Amiga - WHDLoad (2008-08-13) - from pleasuredome?

I'm not sure if this collection has any kind of official name, it contains these 273 demos: http://pastebin.com/0CCwzYV2
Old 26 March 2011, 00:05   #10
brolly

I made a script, but needed to tweak some games afterwards plus different type of games might require different configs.
It has been a while so I need to see if I can remember how I did it and if I still have the script and I'll give it a try. Can you add one of those demos to my xml file and see if they work?
Old 26 March 2011, 02:46   #11
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

OK, I copied the last entry in the XML (Virtual Karting 2 (CD)), changed the details for the first 3 demos - and they all work great!

<Game Name="2unlimited Scoopex" FileName="WHDLoad\2Unlimited_v1.0_Scoopex.zip" ScrnshotFilename="A/VirtualKarting2CD.png" UseMouse="True" PalNTSC="0" Cd="dh1:2Unlimited;" WHDLoad="2Unlimited.Slave PRELOAD;" UAEConfig="collision_level=playfields|cpu_speed=max|finegrain_cpu_speed=max|immediate_blits=true|cpu_compatible=false|cpu_cycle_exact=false|blitte r_cycle_exact=false|cycle_exact=false" />

<Game Name="2unlimited No Limit" FileName="WHDLoad\2UnlimitedNoLimit_v1.0_ProjectA.zip" ScrnshotFilename="A/VirtualKarting2CD.png" UseMouse="True" PalNTSC="0" Cd="dh1:2UnlimitedNoLimit;" WHDLoad="2UnlimitedNoLimit.Slave PRELOAD;" UAEConfig="collision_level=playfields|cpu_speed=max|finegrain_cpu_speed=max|immediate_blits=true|cpu_compatible=false|cpu_cycle_exact=false|blitte r_cycle_exact=false|cycle_exact=false" />

<Game Name="3DDemo_v1.0_Anarchy" FileName="WHDLoad\3DDemo_v1.0_Anarchy.zip" ScrnshotFilename="A/VirtualKarting2CD.png" UseMouse="True" PalNTSC="0" Cd="dh1:3DDemo;" WHDLoad="3DDemo.Slave PRELOAD;" UAEConfig="collision_level=playfields|cpu_speed=max|finegrain_cpu_speed=max|immediate_blits=true|cpu_compatible=false|cpu_cycle_exact=false|blitte r_cycle_exact=false|cycle_exact=false" />

Do you have a copy of this demo collection?

cheers
Old 27 March 2011, 07:52   #12
brolly

Actually I don't have and I just saw it's 3GB large, I'm not sure if I want to waste 3GB of download in something I will probably delete right after since I'm not into demo stuff at all. I thought it would be a much smaller set and would be willing to download it, but really not sure about it now after seeing the size.
Old 27 March 2011, 07:55   #13
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

3gb is for the complete collection including all WHDLoad games

The Demos are 230mb in total

(just select the demos in the torrent)
Old 27 March 2011, 15:09   #14
brolly

oh ok then, since you mentioned the torrent I didn't even look into it, I thought it was the whole thing. It did look way too big just for demos lol

But now that I look into it, aren't all those demos from the Killer Gorilla website? It really looks like it and I already have those.
Old 27 March 2011, 21:26   #15
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

You might well be right about that, I only have the torrent demos and dont have the KG collection to compare - do you have an XML for your demo collection?

Thanks
Old 27 March 2011, 21:30   #16
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The packs on KG's own site are newer than the torrent, so you might want to grab those.
Old 27 March 2011, 21:33   #17
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

Roger that, I will grab those!

Also brolly, There is a slight problem with the syntax in WHDLoad.xml, when you set a custom value, ie CUSTOM1=1

Please see here for details: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=745262#post745262

Have you given any thought to maintaining the XML's, it would be nice to have them centralised and maintained, not sure if you would like to do that job?
Old 28 March 2011, 02:26   #18
brolly

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll try to fix that. Sure I can maintain it, but I don't have time to test any game right now. So if you find any problems just let me know and I'll correct the xml. If KG will still release a new pack I'm not sure if it will be worth to make much changes though since I'll have to redo the file again by then.

Btw how are you using 2 fire buttons through winuaeloader? I can only configure 1 button there, and if I set a specific config on WinUAE then winuaeloader will overwrite that one. I'd be very interested on knowing that.

I have some demos on the xml I sent you already, please try a couple and lmk if they work. Open the xml and search for Demos, there's a section with a comment so it's an easy find. If they do work, I'll do the rest of the set.
Old 28 March 2011, 02:46   #19
jimmy2x2x
Beyond Mutton

I just did a search the XML for "; CUSTOM" replace with " CUSTOM" that does the trick for any custom settings.

I will test out the demos tomorrow and get back to you.

About the 2 fire buttons thing, it was a PITA but here is how I eventually got it to work.

navigate to your WinuaeLoader/Data folder

create a new folder called "Host"

open Winuaeloader/config/edit whdload config

1) miscallaneous/Show GUI on startup - uncheck this box
2) Configure your gameports as NONE in the main box and GAMEPAD in the dropdown then REMAP
3) Set your screen and any other settings under HOST you want to use as this method will override Winuae loaders configs
4) Select HOST in the left hand selector, save as.. call it brolly.uae, save it in your newly created Host folder
5) Select Configuration in the left hand selector, under Additional Information click SET select your brolly.uae
6) point the LINK drop down to brolly.uae
7) make sure the Name field is set to WHDLoad.uae (should be)
8) click SAVE
9) select Quickstart, under Host Configuration - select brolly.uae
10) select Configurations, make sure brolly.uae is still selected in the LINK drop down and click save again

This is how I have done it on 2 different systems and its working on both, if you make any changes under the HOST heading in the left hand selector, you can just save the brolly.uae again and it will sticky all those settings.

Hope that makes sense to you!
Old 28 March 2011, 03:03   #20
brolly

Will check that out later on when I have WinUAE in front of me.
But for what I read seems you did all the job on WinUAE apart from saving the new config file in a Hosts folder inside Winuaeloader?