English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 August 2003, 00:01   #1
BippyM
Global Moderator

My Demo DVD IDea 2

Right as you all know by now I am creating a Demo/Intro DVD of Amiga stuff.. and thru some persevering the awesome Toni Wilen helping fix some AVI Output bugs in WinUAE etc.. this realisation is coming to fruition

Anyway my brain has been ticking overtime, and this is directly aimed at RCK and the other HOL guys...

Basically I have been thinking of adding info for each demo/game intro etc.. nd for games I thought about adding some elements from HOL.. now abviously I am not gonna add anyhting w/out permission and also I will credit ALL HOL contributers within the DVD itself

For each game intro when the user selets the intro it goes to another page which gives the option to view Box covers and some basic info on the game and the developers/publishers.. now I know 99% of this is freely obtainable, and HOL doesn't own the copyright.. but what I want to use from HOL (besides the info) are the box/disk scans etc...

So basically I am hoping to make a mini Amiga HOL encyclopedia

What do ya's think?

Oh and because of the size of some of the stuff (Desert Dreams was a whopping 11gb+ uncompressed, 250Mb compressed) it looks like being a multi-dvd release
Old 17 August 2003, 00:17   #2
Djay
95th User

nice work bipp... when can i get a copy?
Old 17 August 2003, 00:19   #3
BippyM
Global Moderator

When it is finished

If you want to get hold of one of the demo's I have done gimme a shout and I'll let you d/l off my ftp
Old 17 August 2003, 21:31   #4
RCK
Administrator

HOL datas are public, use what you want / need !
(just some credits will be cool )
Old 18 August 2003, 04:19   #5
Frootloop

Yeah, Desert Dreams! Sounds great! Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could get interviews and profiles on some of the sceners who created the demos? A quick profile of the group would be cool too. I know there are sceners on here, maybe they could get in contact with these guys. It dosen't have to be anything long (who wants to read a lot of text on a TV) but any extra bits of info would make the DVD collections even more special and fun.

I still need to buy a DVD drive for my computer.
Old 19 August 2003, 08:57   #6
manicx

Nice one! I am doing a similar compilation with games and programs, but I am afraid I cannot make this PD!
Old 01 September 2003, 14:04   #7
trance007

Kefrens members

Hi,

If you are interested I had recent e-mail contact with the following Kefrens members :
Laxity (Anders Emil Hansen)
Airwalk (Jesper Knudsen)
Hawkeye (Jacob Blichfeldt)

To preserve their privacy, I will not give their E-mail on this forum, but I can forward your messages to them.

None of them was able to remember how to get to second hidden part of Desert Dream though
Any help about this is still welcome

Old 03 December 2007, 16:07   #8
Mellica

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance007 View Post
Hi,

If you are interested I had recent e-mail contact with the following Kefrens members :
Laxity (Anders Emil Hansen)
Airwalk (Jesper Knudsen)
Hawkeye (Jacob Blichfeldt)

To preserve their privacy, I will not give their E-mail on this forum, but I can forward your messages to them.

None of them was able to remember how to get to second hidden part of Desert Dream though
Any help about this is still welcome
Hi trance007.

I would very much like there e-mail as I need to get in contact with them.

You can tell them Mellica ex. Kefrens wants there e-mails.

Best regards

Kim Byrresen

Old 03 December 2007, 18:27   #9
paranoid
Phone Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Right as you all know by now I am creating a Demo/Intro DVD of Amiga stuff.. and thru some persevering the awesome Toni Wilen helping fix some AVI Output bugs in WinUAE etc.. this realisation is coming to fruition

Anyway my brain has been ticking overtime, and this is directly aimed at RCK and the other HOL guys...

Basically I have been thinking of adding info for each demo/game intro etc.. nd for games I thought about adding some elements from HOL.. now abviously I am not gonna add anyhting w/out permission and also I will credit ALL HOL contributers within the DVD itself

For each game intro when the user selets the intro it goes to another page which gives the option to view Box covers and some basic info on the game and the developers/publishers.. now I know 99% of this is freely obtainable, and HOL doesn't own the copyright.. but what I want to use from HOL (besides the info) are the box/disk scans etc...

So basically I am hoping to make a mini Amiga HOL encyclopedia

What do ya's think?

Oh and because of the size of some of the stuff (Desert Dreams was a whopping 11gb+ uncompressed, 250Mb compressed) it looks like being a multi-dvd release
As far as copyright, you may not have to worry about it. Unless you want to reproduce something in its entirety (like, say, a game manual) you can use images and things under "fair use" for review purposes (among other things). I'd imagine box/manual cover scans would fall into that. (Reproducing an entire intro.. May be a tougher call, though, even then you're not reproducing the game, so I bet even that would be okay..) (Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.)

And to toss out an idea, perhaps demos could have an info page too? Not just credits, but, if possible, the competition it was released at, where it might have ranked in some top-tens, etc.. (I have a soft spot for compos.. Never could go, being in the US, but I'd look forward to them for the great demo releases..)
Old 03 December 2007, 18:30   #10
Graham Humphrey

Perhaps you should check the date of the original post, and then look in this sub-forum.

Old 03 December 2007, 18:52   #11
paranoid
Phone Zen

Oh, sure! Bring that up, why don't you?
Old 03 December 2007, 19:04   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

Old 03 December 2007, 19:13   #13
Dizzy
Pirate

why not lock this thread maybe with the link Sir Graham posted
Old 03 December 2007, 19:14   #14
BippyM
Global Moderator

every do often someone stumbles across it, posts and then it becomes a focus point again for oooh 20seconds
Old 26 October 2008, 17:19   #15
BippyM
Global Moderator

I want to do a decent HOL on blueray with full ingame video and more.. anyone got ideas?
Old 26 October 2008, 20:57   #16
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

that would be really cool Bips!

you could blend it with the AmiZine DVD project m8