English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 30 December 2013, 21:47   #1
Riempie
Amiga freak
Riempie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 338
Easynet and Simple Mail

Hi,

Just downloaded the new version of simplemail (os3.1) to see if I can get this working. It's my first time trying to get mail working.

I've got classic wb and easynet (I guess not the latest version) running. Internet (Aweb) works fine.

I've tried to setup an account in simple mail. I don't know if I did it right, but simple mail says it can not find the bsdsocket.library when trying to fetch mail.

Easynet kind of emulates the bsdsocket.library right? (because the file is not in libs). When going online I can see easynet is checking the bsdsocket.library. All goes wel. So why can't simple mail find the bsdsocket.library?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thx in advance
Riempie is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 31 December 2013, 00:05   #2
amigakit.com
Registered User

amigakit.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: www.amigakit.com
Posts: 1,709
I will try Simplemail and let you know, I personally use YAM with EasyNet. You may need the new EasyNet Pro (bsdsocket.library v4).
amigakit.com is offline  
Old 31 December 2013, 11:20   #3
Riempie
Amiga freak
Riempie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 338
Thx!

I've also tried Yam, but this seems to take a lot of more resources, and it crashes my A1200...

Can I upgrade my easynet version by sending you my serial? So that I can download the upgrade instead of getting it on disk by airmail? I'm aware of any additional costs..

Is the easynet update on your site the pro-version?
Riempie is offline  
Old 04 January 2014, 15:30   #4
Riempie
Amiga freak
Riempie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 338
Somehow I managed to get a working 2.7 yam version (gmail).
But it seams to eat up my chipram and when closing yam, the memory doesn't get cleared.

Upgrading to 2.9 doesn't work because the install-script returns an error.

Maybe I mention to many issues here, if simplemail works (because it has imap-support) then that would be great. But any remarks regarding yam are welcome....
Riempie is offline  
Old 04 January 2014, 16:43   #5
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

mfilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Athens/Greece
Age: 39
Posts: 1,576
Send a message via Skype™ to mfilos
Indeed installer has an issue but you can always update the file by hand from the archive overwriting your current ones (make a backup of the whole folder in case you mess it up). I did it that way and works like a charm.
mfilos is offline  
Old 31 May 2016, 22:28   #6
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
Hi,

Just downloaded the new version of simplemail (os3.1) to see if I can get this working. It's my first time trying to get mail working.

I've got classic wb and easynet (I guess not the latest version) running. Internet (Aweb) works fine.

I've tried to setup an account in simple mail. I don't know if I did it right, but simple mail says it can not find the bsdsocket.library when trying to fetch mail.

Easynet kind of emulates the bsdsocket.library right? (because the file is not in libs). When going online I can see easynet is checking the bsdsocket.library. All goes wel. So why can't simple mail find the bsdsocket.library?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thx in advance
Hi, did you find a fix specifically for the 'cannot find bsdsocket.library' issue with SimpleMail? I'm using AmiTCP and it's online and working with other apps.
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 01 June 2016, 00:53   #7
liviux76
Registered User

liviux76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: BO/Italy
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
Hi, did you find a fix specifically for the 'cannot find bsdsocket.library' issue with SimpleMail? I'm using AmiTCP and it's online and working with other apps.
I have been using simplemail with easynet pro for at least 6 months, now. I've never had any problems, which version are you using?

UPDATE:
Just checked, I am using simplemail 0.41 (24-12-14)

Last edited by liviux76; 01 June 2016 at 01:12.
liviux76 is offline  
Old 01 June 2016, 01:19   #8
Starglider 2
Registered User

Starglider 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 790
I have to use 0.12 alpha in an A500. I'm using amitcp with plipbox. Very special use case. See my other thread 😉

Cheers!
Starglider 2 is offline  
Old 01 June 2016, 01:24   #9
liviux76
Registered User

liviux76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: BO/Italy
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
I have to use 0.12 alpha in an A500. I'm using amitcp with plipbox. Very special use case. See my other thread 😉

Cheers!
Oh! Yes, now I remember... I've read something on your thread... I'm sorry I can't give you any advice about that version...
liviux76 is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
M1438S in the mail, no display ceaser support.Hardware 8 12 September 2009 06:05
Simple Mail Help adgloride support.Apps 4 19 June 2006 11:52
Just Received SWOOPER in the mail stainy HOL contributions 0 05 May 2006 11:55
Backing -Up E-Mail to a CD Steve support.Apps 1 31 January 2003 19:16
My First Mail Also Ricky55 New to Emulation or Amiga scene 1 16 June 2002 23:37

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.21144 seconds with 14 queries