English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 14 February 2010, 18:31   #1
dex
Eat Electric Death

Unhappy Is there a game like this on the Amiga?

Hello there, I am not sure if this fits this board perfectly but it looked close enough

For quite some time now I am looking for ANY Sci-Fi game that combines Trading, Spaceflight/Exploration and Combat. So far I found B.A.T. II which basically has almost all of this but just lacks "something". I also like Awesome for its style and diversity but it is just too hard and there is no "real" space combat (apart from really nice 3D/2D sequences). I would also like an Elite-like but with some kind of "planets" or "aliens" or any "exploration" at all. I bet there is a game which has it all out there - and I bet it's on the Amiga. Of course if you just know the right game but it's on any other system, feel free to post that too. I would also play something like a crossover between Dreamweb and Elite, you get the idea Can anyone help me with this?
Old 14 February 2010, 18:36   #2
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Federation of Free Traders was like Elite, plus you could land on planets.

http://hol.abime.net/514
Old 14 February 2010, 18:46   #3
dex
Eat Electric Death

Nice one, I already tried it, really interesting but it lacked in terms of gameplay. It's really a good suggestion though. I should have added in the first post that I tried quite a LOT of games before I made this request and all were lacking in some part But please don't hesitate to post if you have any other ideas, I am looking forward to any of your ideas
Old 14 February 2010, 18:48   #4
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Space Rogue
Old 14 February 2010, 19:05   #5
dex
Eat Electric Death

Wow, just wow - didn't even know it and I browsed the Hol just recently xD Any chance that there is a sequel or remake with graphics more like Dreamweb or Awesome? Well anyway, I guess you can't have it all - I will definitely try this one first.

Edit: There seems to be a FM-Towns Marty version as well, usually these have updated graphics (see Beast 1) which are not always for the better (see Beast 1) but it is not available anywhere, especially not outside japan so scratch that, the Amiga version is it for me

Alright tried it, the controls are okay, need some time to get used to. Unfortunately the sound is horrible, there is not even a title music or sounds of instruments in the cockpit etc. The graphics are old but aesthetical, but they lack some inspiration and fantasy. This was the closest I ever got to the game I am looking for, impressive find. Any further ideas...?

Last edited by dex; 14 February 2010 at 20:07.
Old 14 February 2010, 23:24   #6
fc.studio
Cat lover

Supremacy

http://hol.abime.net/2231
Old 15 February 2010, 23:42   #7
dex
Eat Electric Death

Oh yes I remember. I never tried it as I thought it would be strategy only - does it have any combat in it?