English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 20 December 2001, 00:56   #1
birdy-scc
Banned

Wink faceless is gone!

I've decided to give up my site.

(OK, the server I was using finally got an engineer who knew what they were doing :eek)

It's been quite good fun, providing so many "illegal, pirated games and mp3s" etc to people, but it had to end sometime. And today it did.

I'm not really that bothered though, it's like a plant that's given its crop and now must die.. ) :smoking (spot the reference and win a packet of Monster Munch and a Snickers)

Old 20 December 2001, 01:27   #2
MethodGit

What flavour of Monster Munch is in for the taking?

And it's a darn shame that:

a) your site is going to disappear soon , and
b) you're not offering an old Marathon bar as a prize.
Old 20 December 2001, 01:53   #3
birdy-scc
Banned

They'll be Pickled Onion flavour, of course.

And the site is gone now, though the Neo Geo pages still work.

-----------------------------------------------------

@whoever moved this

This was moved to off-topic. I put it in General Discussion, which I thought was right. It is "about the retro-gaming world in general.".

The fact the site was no.6 in the amigamos toplist probably annoyed the puerists, but it shows, at least, that the site was relevant and it's passing is definitely not off-topic.

It was also in the top 25 of emulation sites in the world.

Maybe that annoyed the purists too!
Old 20 December 2001, 06:51   #4
oldpx

Of course it was an important site, but I wonder why you give it up. Was it because you had hosting problems?

Old 20 December 2001, 13:14   #5
birdy-scc
Banned

Yeah, it was a server problem. They stopped providing space for sites.

I'll probably get the site up again, but we'll see.
Old 21 December 2001, 16:23   #6
birdy-scc
Banned

I thought this news would get more of a reaction, but to be honest I'm not really surprised that the small people haven't said anything.

Old 22 December 2001, 13:22   #7
MethodGit

Oh come on people, don't any of you give a stuff about this guy and his site?
Old 22 December 2001, 13:31   #8
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by MarzAttakz
Oh come on people, don't any of you give a stuff about this guy and his site?
People who want to say something to birdy have also written into his guestbook IMO.
Old 22 December 2001, 13:51   #9
Ian
Global Moderator

Well, you'll excuse me for not commenting on a site I have never and now will never use.

I suppose I could lie about it though

But I won't.

I suppose that makes me a sheep, oh well.

--------------------------------

Ian, Proud to be one of the small people.
Old 22 December 2001, 21:01   #10
birdy-scc
Banned

What's wrong Ian, did you need your ram (RCK) to lead the way before you could say something?

I don't believe that you never checked my site once, but who cares - 350 000 other people did in the last 10 months, and a lot of them have been totally decent by leaving a comment.

I suppose this message will mean I get some more stupid messages from shitheads like APfelon and others, but I have nothing to lose anymore, so go on, give me more of your energy..

----------
Old 23 December 2001, 16:22   #11
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

So if someone has been to your site and doesn't make a comment, they are sheep. Either we respond or we are 'small people'. Right. Get over yourself! Maybe it's a personality issue, methinks. Or sour grapes again. Or trolling again, who knows.

I don't think APFelon is a shithead at all but I'm not here whining because nobody else here is defending him but me! And while I could be immature and post an image of a steaming pile, I won't because I can't be bothered.

The only sore spot I have is that APFelon (and others) have left this board for obvious reasons.

I hope that simply because I posted my opinion here, that doesn't mean it's going to have to turn into yet another predictable flame war. I guess what it's all down to is whether the token response will strike back hard enough to force me to reply. My Christmas wish? That somebody doesn't reply...
Old 24 December 2001, 00:00   #12
birdy-scc
Banned

You still can't keep quiet can you?

You still have to have your say.

APfelon is the prick who reported my site to the ISDA and other such groups - simply because he couldn't handle the simple fact that not everyone in the world thinks your fycked-up nation is great.

Your obvious attempts at preempting my reply are childish, and if you had any maturity you would have not replied at all.

Baaa

I think your problem is that you are annoyed that it was you who introduced me. Maybe you should look before you leap next time.

I said in my first post that I "hadn't ANNOYED anyone yet". It wasn't prophetic, it was fair warning. I am quite happy to upset anyone who behaves in an insular manner, and in the case of "amigans" (sick) it seems it's almost too easy.

Good night, and God bless.

Bite the bullet, Sink or swim, etc etc blah blah blah
Old 24 December 2001, 00:31   #13
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Oh, come on birdy! You come on here and belly-ache that this 'news' didn't get more of a reaction; you get a reaction and your response is to 'keep quiet'?! Sorry if my 'reaction' didn't meet your approval. Obviously your sheep pic was just as much an intention to get a reaction, too. Then you can argue with whomever responds (unless they tell you it's brilliant, I guess). Antagonize Ian for his response and now me.
Quote:
Your obvious attempts at preempting my reply are childish, and if you had any maturity you would have not replied at all.
Baaa
A sheep if I don't respond and a sheep if I do. You have all the answers.

I don't recall introducing you, I pointed out your website. That's the way I remember it. I may be wrong.
Old 24 December 2001, 01:08   #14
birdy-scc
Banned

I've spoken to Ian about this privately, and that's cool.

And in the spirit of Christmas, bollox to it - I was getting bored with the site anyway.