English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 June 2010, 15:25   #81
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
so no time to post some pics then Fol ??

so who is going be first with some pics ?
Aint had time, to take pics, busy, .
Old 20 June 2010, 00:08   #82
xc8
no c= no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1200 View Post
Looking forward to some pics of the amigaone x 1000
The only pic I managed to take with X1000 (as a volunteer at the National Museum of Computing, I had some additional things to do that time, so...)

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	37394_1310349966449_1461606566_30630786_1598444_n.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	25639  
Old 20 June 2010, 14:40   #83
ck1200
CBM & Retro Mad

Send a message via MSN to ck1200 Send a message via Yahoo to ck1200
Thanks for the pic has the stand seen much interest?
Old 20 June 2010, 16:02   #84
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
we want updates
Old 20 June 2010, 16:15   #85
wilshy

Was an interesting day yesterday, really enjoyed checking over some other platforms especially the Archimedes.

X1000 bit disappointing from my perspective. It was running OS4 the times I saw it but so were lots of other Amigas there. The presentation was sadly let down by a lack of PA system so couldn't hear anything at all. (get in touch with me next time, I can supply a PA )

But I will say it's nice to see such enthusiasm for it and the Amiga in general.

Constructive critique to those who put the marque on, hope you don't mind. Have more exhibits. The Thames Amiga and Lincs Amiga stands just look a bit like a you'd bought some Amiga stuff along and plonked it on some tables. Down the other side was nice to see some games running on various Amigas. Stunt Car Racer link wasn't set up early enough Would've been good to see some scheduled gaming competitions to get people involved for longer periods. Other scheduled events could've been good too, like demos being showcased, talks on aspects of the Amiga and so forth. Just some ideas.

Overall a cracking day out though and respects to those involved with putting it all on. Another one this year wouldn't go amiss!

Pics to follow.
Old 20 June 2010, 17:04   #86
ck1200
CBM & Retro Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshy View Post
Was an interesting day yesterday, really enjoyed checking over some other platforms especially the Archimedes.

X1000 bit disappointing from my perspective. It was running OS4 the times I saw it but so were lots of other Amigas there. The presentation was sadly let down by a lack of PA system so couldn't hear anything at all. (get in touch with me next time, I can supply a PA )

But I will say it's nice to see such enthusiasm for it and the Amiga in general.

Constructive critique to those who put the marque on, hope you don't mind. Have more exhibits. The Thames Amiga and Lincs Amiga stands just look a bit like a you'd bought some Amiga stuff along and plonked it on some tables. Down the other side was nice to see some games running on various Amigas. Stunt Car Racer link wasn't set up early enough Would've been good to see some scheduled gaming competitions to get people involved for longer periods. Other scheduled events could've been good too, like demos being showcased, talks on aspects of the Amiga and so forth. Just some ideas.

Overall a cracking day out though and respects to those involved with putting it all on. Another one this year wouldn't go amiss!

Pics to follow.
Sounds like you had a good day and yes i really want to investigate the Archimedes more! look forward to the pics
Old 21 June 2010, 00:18   #87
xc8
no c= no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshy View Post
Was an interesting day yesterday, really enjoyed checking over some other platforms especially the Archimedes. ..
In fact the 2 systems I liked from the event : BeagleBoard running RISC-OS 5 and imica with AROS, small and fast (sorry to say this, but I found more 'cool' the imica than the X1000...)

chris
Old 21 June 2010, 01:35   #88
amigakit.com

Thanks to everyone who visited our area at the VCF show. We had a great time meeting so many of our customers. It was good to see so many active Amiga users attending the show. It was encouraging to see a strong international attendance.

Special thanks to Amiga North Thames for organising the Amiga part of the event.
Old 21 June 2010, 18:21   #89
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Its been an awesome event and one I am happy to say - I was there!

I met the Amigakit team, the Hyperion team, the LAGs and the NTG's a great bunch of people I have to admit =)

LOL, I have still to unpack from a most awesome event, but while resting my feet I made a small *quick* video of the first day (setting up) at the event on AmiBay, but I posted it here.

[ Show youtube player ]

Theres some great fun with the Retro Computer Museum (always a blast with them guys) the North Thames Guys are awesome and I got to put some faces to the names of my fellow forum chummies =)

Had a great time meeting up with the LAG guys in person, really looking forward to chillaxing with them soon.

The event organizers deserve a medal for their sterling efforts and friendlyness - top notch.. (hope to post more vidz and pics soon)
Old 21 June 2010, 21:15   #90
ck1200
CBM & Retro Mad

Great vid thank's for posting! kept on rewinding to see the specs some great systems there
Old 21 June 2010, 21:41   #91
amigakit.com

@Zetro

It was good to meet you too, and many other EAB regulars.. glad we had a good chat.
Old 21 June 2010, 21:48   #92
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
in one smiley
Old 21 June 2010, 22:02   #93
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@AmigaKit

The pleasure was all mine

A great point of the weekend for me was to meet up and put faces and names together =) its been a great weekend for me!

However I must say that the policewoman was eyeing me up.... and not in a good way

To be fair though I think she was going to arrest me for being in possesion of good looks, had FOL not of been there, and given her another target I think she would have =D

@All

The only regret I have about the weekend is simply there wasn't more time =)
with all the chatting and meeting (of which I only got about half done) I hardly got the time to see the museum

It was also good to see that the local BBC made a visit too =D

Last edited by Zetr0; 21 June 2010 at 22:07.
Old 22 June 2010, 00:17   #94
xc8
no c= no fun

I would like to thank anyone that visited the VCF and the museum.

The museum receives no government/lottery funding and is entirely dependent on industry/individuals for its development.

For more info about how to support /become a member please visit here.

thx

chris
Old 22 June 2010, 04:41   #95
mfletcher
Bawbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post

[ Show youtube player ]
In typical Zetr0 fashion, straight to the hardcore retro pr0n! A bunch of opened up Amigas and Zetr0's covered up A4000? You a prude sir?
Old 22 June 2010, 10:47   #96
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@mfletcher

LMAO!!!! to true --- to true.... however the A500+ was mine

there was a big interest in the -uncovered- machines and my 4K was a star - while running Quake attacting the crowds in, it was working for better part of 2 days playing quake its a miricale!!!.... However I am worried that it probably wont work when I turn her back on =/

r0jaw's PPC build certainly got some heads turned, especially with the SCSI-IDE-1.8" IPOD 40GB ZIF Drive, Slot Loading Rom - There was a lot of interest in the A500+ with the 2MB Fast and IDE adapter made by Tomthul - I expect he will get some orders for those!

Unfortunately I lost about 1.8GB of video & pictures due to a battery failure =(

Still got about 2GB left though lol!!!

I think that should I go to another eXpo like this then I will make a custom top for my A4000 so people can see the inner workings etc, theres a lot of Harware Pr0n addicts out there =D

(YAY \o/ i am not alone!!!) =D
Old 22 June 2010, 11:00   #97
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Just watched the video, great little edit there my friend =)

You should have seen the Tower when I had the FastATA in I spent ages routing the IDE cables!

Steve.
Old 22 June 2010, 11:24   #98
Peter
Still an Amiga user

That's a great video - looked like you all had a great time!

Are those IDE boards for the A500 made by Tomthul going to be on sale??
Old 22 June 2010, 11:35   #99
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Peter

I believe e is taking requests on AmiBay.co.uk, I know he will be selling kits, completed units will likely be a limmited run, but that would be best to clear that up with Tom =)
Old 22 June 2010, 12:49   #100
Paul_s

zetty, I honestly thought you were an older guy with a grey beard like Jay Miner.

How wrong was I The picture I had of you in my head is totally changed!