English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 August 2013, 00:09   #21
gnujon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyDan View Post
I have those files, but I am unable to change the output to 50hz. Its locked to 60hz.
Sorry, it seems you are correct. :-( I hadn't even tried it, as not a single one of my VGA monitors can handle a 50Hz input. This is a bit disappointing to be honest, as the Indi ECS and Indi AGA MK1 can definitely do it. The config tool (and I assume the cores) are still in beta though, so perhaps there is still hope.

I actually thought I had seen this feature advertised for the MK2 somewhere at some point. And actually, one could argue that even the current product description on the Vesalia website more or less implies it.

I was about to order another Indi AGA MK2 (I have another A1200 that needs a scan doubler), but perhaps I should wait. Does anyone know if the ScanJuggler is going to support 50Hz with v-sync?
Old 05 August 2013, 14:55   #22
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

So, will there be a work-around for the problems reported for games? Maybe with updated software?

I wanted to get one but I use my miggy for gaming only.
Old 05 August 2013, 18:16   #23
gnujon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eny- View Post
So, will there be a work-around for the problems reported for games? Maybe with updated software?

I wanted to get one but I use my miggy for gaming only.
There aren't really any problems with games as such. The only issue is that the lack of a 50Hz v-synced mode means that you can't get ultra smooth scrolling for PAL games. But even with support for such a mode, you still need a VGA monitor that can handle a 50Hz input, any many (probably most) cannot, as they don't need to in order to be within spec. The lowest vertical refresh frequency for VGA is something like 56Hz I think.

I've been quite happily using my Indi AGA MKII for gaming, it seems like an acceptable compromise to me to have scrolling that's slightly less than perfectly smooth when it means I can have a nice DVI output which I can use with any monitor.

It would be nice to have the option though. And it's a shame the AGA MKII doesn't when you consider that the Indi ECS and Indi AGA MKI do have this feature. The software is still in beta though, so yes, perhaps there is still hope in the form of a software update (new cores and config tool).
Old 05 August 2013, 19:06   #24
Eny-
R3tr0 G4m3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnujon View Post
There aren't really any problems with games as such. The only issue is that the lack of a 50Hz v-synced mode means that you can't get ultra smooth scrolling for PAL games. But even with support for such a mode, you still need a VGA monitor that can handle a 50Hz input, any many (probably most) cannot, as they don't need to in order to be within spec. The lowest vertical refresh frequency for VGA is something like 56Hz I think.

I've been quite happily using my Indi AGA MKII for gaming, it seems like an acceptable compromise to me to have scrolling that's slightly less than perfectly smooth when it means I can have a nice DVI output which I can use with any monitor.

It would be nice to have the option though. And it's a shame the AGA MKII doesn't when you consider that the Indi ECS and Indi AGA MKI do have this feature. The software is still in beta though, so yes, perhaps there is still hope in the form of a software update (new cores and config tool).
Great! Thanks. Not losing my hope just yet.
Old 06 August 2013, 07:34   #25
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
As already mentioned in this huge thread, if you create a new VGA mode with a 34.445 Mhz clock you end up with a v-frequency of 51.939 Hz. Although this isn't the magic 50 Hz needed for really smooth scrolling it might be better than the default 65 Hz.

I've just tried it on mine and tested it with Pinball fantasies and it does seem much smoother.
Old 14 October 2013, 00:39   #26
trydowave

Whats better. An MK2 running through DVI or RGB scart connected to an lcd TV with a built in flicker fixer?
I was just paying shadow of the beast II on MK2 and the scrolling was shocking.
Old 14 October 2013, 06:52   #27
ajk

That depends on the TV/monitor in question. If you can get a 50Hz signal working with DVI, you will get nice scrolling and a very sharp image. If the TV understands the Amiga signal properly, RGB SCART will be great too. And no, it's not really possible to tell beforehand unless someone here has prior experience with the particular model of TV/monitor...
Old 14 October 2013, 09:42   #28
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
Whats better. An MK2 running through DVI or RGB scart connected to an lcd TV with a built in flicker fixer?
I was just paying shadow of the beast II on MK2 and the scrolling was shocking.
Depends on what your requirements are.
Games: SCART RGB
Workbench / productivity: Indivision, as it can do higher resolutions
Old 15 October 2013, 14:35   #29
trydowave

Is it possible to switch between the 2, RGB SCART to DVI by having 2 connectors going to the same monitor? or does the indi completely cut out the video signal from the Video out on the amiga once its plugged in?
Old 15 October 2013, 15:00   #30
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
Is it possible to switch between the 2, RGB SCART to DVI by having 2 connectors going to the same monitor? or does the indi completely cut out the video signal from the Video out on the amiga once its plugged in?
It doesn't cut the signal from the RGB output so they can be used simultaneously. Of course the RGB port cannot be used with any of the high res modes like HighGFX, Extreme etc.
Old 24 January 2015, 23:13   #31
bymarcao

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyDan View Post
I have those files, but I am unable to change the output to 50hz. Its locked to 60hz.
Hello everybody, I'm Mark From Brazil. and these days I bought the Single Indivision AGA Mk2 Computers A1200, and realized that it does not work perfectly in 50hz ... and a lot of people complaining ... after 2 days stirring could solve any problem, it works to 50hz with the perfect scroll without jumps.

Old 24 January 2015, 23:15   #32
bymarcao

My email: bymarcao@hotmail.com

Old 26 January 2015, 23:02   #33
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

There is a video showing bymarcao's config 800x600 with 50 MHz here:

[ Show youtube player ]

I still have to try it.
Old 27 January 2015, 23:50   #34
BarryB
Amigaholic

I tried Marcos config but it's still a bit jerky for me, not smooth
Old 28 January 2015, 00:00   #35
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I tried Marcos config but it's still a bit jerky for me, not smooth
Isn't it using 50Mhz? Shoudn't it be smooth as I've heard?

Have you tried mine/Novacoder/Hansel/Amicol/yours? Which is best?

Edit: Maybe you are trying it over your actual config. I emailed him and he's told me:
... you must download the program and install the Indivision AGA Mk2 to your AMIGA1200 ok.

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK2
Config/Flash tool V1.1beta and cores V2.6 - for use with all Indivision AGA MK2 models including MK2cr

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 January 2015 at 00:10.
Old 28 January 2015, 00:51   #36
BarryB
Amigaholic

I edited a previous VGA 800x600 56Hz config, same settings as in the vid attached to PAL, using v1.2 of the config tool with v2.6 cores.

Tried Jim Power and it's jerky, is that LG L173SA an LCD TV? If so, no wonder it's smooth!!
Old 28 January 2015, 01:11   #37
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
There is a video showing bymarcao's config 800x600 with 50 MHz here:

[ Show youtube player ]

I still have to try it.
This video looks wrong to me. You should first select PAL, then use your custom VGA settings and then hit 'Apply' in the config tool
Old 28 January 2015, 01:13   #38
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes I thought the same, even reboot. But perhaps was he already running it ¿?

Edit:
Quote:
Tried Jim Power and it's jerky, is that LG L173SA an LCD TV? If so, no wonder it's smooth!!
Sure it is. I also use HD modern Tv's and I haven't seen a problem with the scrolling with my config, but I better don't comment as I play very very little.

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 January 2015 at 01:24.
Old 28 January 2015, 20:01   #39
BarryB
Amigaholic

Well, seems I forgot to apply as you say! Now it scrolls a lot smoother, almost as good as a 50Hz CRT but not quite! The only issue is, the 800x600 mode is in a small window with black borders and I can't figure out how to stretch it fullscreen on my widescreen monitor!
Old 28 January 2015, 20:28   #40
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Well, seems I forgot to apply as you say! Now it scrolls a lot smoother, almost as good as a 50Hz CRT but not quite! The only issue is, the 800x600 mode is in a small window with black borders and I can't figure out how to stretch it fullscreen on my widescreen monitor!
If it's just for Workbench and not games, try installing and selecting as Monitor (Sys:Prefs/ScreenMode) HighGFX disabling the size -unticking the boxes- and typing 800x600 instead to see if that works like in my configs.

If it works you could upload the config. I also want full screen 800x600 at least with Workbench.