English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 28 November 2009, 14:31   #21
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Open "Recorder" menu in Nero, select "Burn Image", select cue-file. Burn. Done. (Do not select iso or you lose audio tracks)

btw, Imgburn is good and free alternative.
Thats the 1, Toni is correct, its all coming back, .

Do it exactly like this and you wont have any problems.
Old 29 November 2009, 12:22   #22
Emu Amiga
Super dooper Amiga fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
.CUE file explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_sheet

If you are using WinUAE then you can either burn these image files to CD-Rs or mount them as a "virtual" drive using programs like Daemon Tools...
Sorry to say, but after my brief experience with Daemon tools, I found it difficult to use. Also getting rid of the god-awful tool bar was a real pain in the ass.
Old 29 November 2009, 12:24   #23
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hmm, never seen that Daemon Tools has a toolbar. It has a small status icon and when you've configured it once, you just click on it to mount or unmount images. Pretty easy actually
Old 29 November 2009, 12:26   #24
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

What? Daemon Tools are is pretty easy to use. And for the toolbars: Don't install them. Be more carefull WHAT you install together with the software.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 29 November 2009 at 16:15. Reason: typo, once again.
Old 29 November 2009, 12:52   #25
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Toolbar is installation option in free version.

Virtual CloneDrive (slysoft.com) should also work fine. (DT is more useful with copy protected CD/DVD images, Amiga CD images are not protected)
Old 29 November 2009, 16:14   #26
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
I myself like the virtual drives created by Alcohol 120°.
Old 29 November 2009, 16:34   #27
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Toolbar is installation option in free version.
I just updated to the newest DT 'Lite' version and they surely became 'a bit' obsessed with the default options. Changing the default search engine to Daemon Tools doesn't really seem to make any sense.
Old 30 November 2009, 00:10   #28
Emu Amiga
Super dooper Amiga fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I just updated to the newest DT 'Lite' version and they surely became 'a bit' obsessed with the default options. Changing the default search engine to Daemon Tools doesn't really seem to make any sense.
Oops, that's what I meant to say. Whenever I connected to the net it would always default to their homepage. I had to use a program called HiijackThis to get rid of it. Sorry for the gaff.
Old 30 November 2009, 00:12   #29
Emu Amiga
Super dooper Amiga fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
What? Daemon Tools are is pretty easy to use. And for the toolbars: Don't install them. Be more carefull WHAT you install together with the software.
Your right, I just did the rushed next, next thing on the install. I guess I'm just a dumb berry when it comes to virtual drives.
Old 30 November 2009, 00:15   #30
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu Amiga View Post
Your right, I just did the rushed next, next thing on the install. I guess I'm just a dumb berry when it comes to virtual drives.
Always be cautious with 'free' versions of commercial software DT is a good tool and quite convinient to use
Old 10 April 2020, 06:35   #31
aiman_p

??Mac Users: How to burn CD32 games using a Mac?

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and so far loving the community. I just got a CD32 and can't burn a single "Official" game on a CD properly. I am using a Mac computer and from reading all the advices from everyone here, the suggestions are either to use "Imgburn or Nero" which I can't use on my Mac...if the file is a compilation and been "made" by someone into an ".ISO" then I was successful at making it work on the CD32...But anything that I've downloaded that are" official" games which comes with tons of (".iso, .wav, .cue; or .bin, .cue; or .Img, .cue")....none of them was successful to read on my CD32 after i Burned them and I've wasted almost 12 Cds so far...

If someone has any advice for me on what to do or even has made an ".ISO" version of the games, I'm open to hearing from you.

Thanks!
Old 10 April 2020, 09:19   #32
jotd
This cat is no more

ImgBurn is the best for .cue files and it's free, I'm using it all the time for my CD32 audio releases.

beware of malware when downloading it, though. Link to my dropbox where the .exe is safe: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...2+audio+tracks
Old 10 April 2020, 09:37   #33
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
ImgBurn is the best for .cue files and it's free, I'm using it all the time for my CD32 audio releases.

beware of malware when downloading it, though. Link to my dropbox where the .exe is safe: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...2+audio+tracks
They have a Mac, so can’t use Imgburn.

What ever burning program you use on your Mac, always burn using the .cue file with the slowest burning speed.

Btw the type of discs matters alot too, although you have said you have gotten unofficial discs burnt ok?
Old 10 April 2020, 10:32   #34
jotd
This cat is no more

@Amigajay unofficial disks? you're asking me?

For the type of discs, this isn't 2000 anymore, there aren't so many low quality CD-Rs around. I found a stock of verbatim spindles in a supermarket, else I have some sony left.

Never had any problems with those. Although I sometimes wish I had cheap-o ones for my tests (burned 2 discs for jim power CDs but release is still not perfect)
Old 10 April 2020, 11:58   #35
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
@Amigajay unofficial disks? you're asking me?

For the type of discs, this isn't 2000 anymore, there aren't so many low quality CD-Rs around. I found a stock of verbatim spindles in a supermarket, else I have some sony left.

Never had any problems with those. Although I sometimes wish I had cheap-o ones for my tests (burned 2 discs for jim power CDs but release is still not perfect)
No i was pointing it back at aiman, as he said unofficial discs wasn't the issue.

You would be surprised some 'high quality' brands that don't work so well, although the CD32 isn't as fussy as the Neo-Geo CD, mine only works with Sony CD-R's!
Old 10 April 2020, 13:47   #36
Hewitson

I would use bchunk to convert the cue/bin to an ISO and then burn it using Finder.
Old 10 April 2020, 13:58   #37
jotd
This cat is no more

but but ISO can't contain audio tracks... only cue+bin or nrg (or maybe other formats but not ISO)
Old 10 April 2020, 18:01   #38
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

For games with iso + MP3 +cue or iso + wave + cue, i personaly use daemon tools to virtualy mount the cue file as it handle audio tracks very well.
Then i copy the virtual mounted disc with Nero or any burning software (i prefer ImgBurn too)
It seems that Daemon Tools Lite is available on Mac
I don't know if it has the same features than on Windows