English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 03 May 2006, 13:27   #61
derSammler

If no one of you believes that the full version exists, why are you keep searching for it anyway then? I find it quite ridiculous that people don't believe the few who actually saw it or had a copy of the full game. You know, it was send to dozens of magazines back then, and it did leak. Reminds me of the full version of the game "Far West"; same story and it turned up in the end...
Old 03 May 2006, 16:42   #62
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Take it easy WindowsKiller! Between the nos. of "I've got Putty Squad" postings being false positives over naming fiasco's from the first game,it's had the unfortunate side-effect of a lot of cynicism. Did Putty Squad exist in final form-the no. of reviews back in the day fully suggest that notion as you state. Is it logical to deduce that it might've leaked between preview/review version(s),is also possible.
The reasoning for cynicism however has to be balanced up also on Putty Squad being such a highly anticipated game at the time,that any "leaked" versions would've surely been eagerly spread rather than just left gathering dust.
But, as Amiga Snow Bros,(& indeed infamous & still M.I.A. C64 GTW US Gold's "Murder!"), proved-it is a possible situation, (for a full version to exist but not actually be spread of a popular well known title),obviously.
Old 03 May 2006, 17:34   #63
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
But the biggest unanswered question is: if Putty Squad is discovered and a playable version is made available, will Akira pish his pants (again)?
Old 03 May 2006, 18:02   #64
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

We can but hope!!! I know I will at least :P
Old 03 May 2006, 18:59   #65
Dizzy
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002
will Akira pish his pants (again)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiriad
We can but hope!!! I know I will at least :P
Old 05 July 2006, 03:41   #66
TheWaster

Stick out tongue Matt Broughton calling

Hi folks.

I understand from my wife that you've been looking for me!

I am still alive, and yes - I stil wear a goatee.

I only recently left the video games industry after a long stint at GT Interactive as PR Manager, which developed into European Head of Communication at Infogrames, which in turn became International Communications Director at Atari. I then went to Midway Games for two years as European Marketing Director.

I'm now in the work of poker, writing for a bunch of magazines and papers: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewast...7594125196362/

I also run a poker table company: www.silversunflower.co.uk and also a poker events company: www.pokerevenings.com

You'll remember the guys on the magazine used to take the mickey out of me about being in a band... well I'm still in one: www.wasteronline.com

As for Putty Squad, I remember it well. I remember reviweing it in a very positive light, and then I'm not sure it got released (can't remember why). I seem to recall it being 3 floppies, and might even still have them. I only recently flogged my Amiga 500, but still have loads of stuff from The One as I ended up being the last surviving member (we ran a "The One" section in CU Amiga for a while, but it was never the same). I then moved over to PlayStation Plus and Mean Machines Playstation and just became unofficial custodian of all things The One-related.

Why are you guys chasing this down so doggedly?

Nice to see the Amiga still being remembered. It was awesome.

Old 05 July 2006, 12:43   #67
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Hello The Waster, can you help us finding out Putty Squad ? I have myself recovered
Snow Bros from Ocean ^^, we are actually trying to find back all the unreleased games we can..... If you have disks of the game, we have the tools to help you to image the disks, and then supply them as files or dump for CAPS/SPS project.

thanks for coming here ! ^^ , you're welcome !
Old 05 July 2006, 18:03   #68
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Short answer!

Because it's the most-wanted Amiga game ever on this earth (google around, and you'll end up being *literally* *drowned* in hits!) and because the demo was just brill and people want to play the complete thing.
After AEONS of trying in vain to reach Mr John Twiddy personally -- who utterly seems to have "disappeared from this earth" --, this info of yours hence feels like paradise on earth. Yes, I am serious. (Even though you haven't *yet* found the disks ...)
Old 06 July 2006, 00:24   #69
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I agree, I played the demo many times, and still go back to it every now and then (fire in the hole).

It was well worth a full release and until I came back into the Amiga scene I presumed it had been released fully. When I realised it hadn't I was really disappointed, and I've missed this game for a long time!

If you do have it, there are literally hundreds of people on this forum who would help you get it into a useable format for others to play, and we'd be eternally grateful without a doubt.

So please do look. PLEASE!
Old 09 July 2006, 18:25   #70
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWaster
Hi folks.

I understand from my wife that you've been looking for me!

I am still alive, and yes - I stil wear a goatee.

As for Putty Squad, I remember it well. I remember reviweing it in a very positive light, and then I'm not sure it got released (can't remember why). I seem to recall it being 3 floppies, and might even still have them. I only recently flogged my Amiga 500, but still have loads of stuff from The One as I ended up being the last surviving member (we ran a "The One" section in CU Amiga for a while, but it was never the same). I then moved over to PlayStation Plus and Mean Machines Playstation and just became unofficial custodian of all things The One-related.

Nice to see the Amiga still being remembered. It was awesome.

Greetings Mr Matt Broughton! Great stuff to see a former "legend" of the press (& "The One",at that), pop into here & say hi! I thoroughly enjoyed the period of The One (just a little while before your time-when it'd "relaunched" into a single format version rather than dual 16bit coverage it'd had before), inlc. the period of your employ there, of course. From a reader's perspective at least, it'd seem to be most "Zzap64/Amiga!" like format/style magazine that was enjoyable to read from an amiga gaming fan's viewpoint.

Any memories of your times with your then editor's & colleagues like David Upchurch/Simon Byron etc.? As for Putty Squad, I think its more of a case that unreleased/unfinished commercial titles always shared a degree of anticipation, but when appetites were so whetted with a widely publicised /previewed game & demo which proved the early promise, it made the non-release all the more unfortunate. From your own situation it must've been one of anxiety (for yourself)in many ways seeing the Amiga's "decline", & the inevitable bankruptcy-with all the publisher's pulling out of the market,etc. sadly seeing The One etc. go with it.

Granted, it would've never survived the console onslaught eventually posed by the likes of Sony etc., but did you ever imagine-seeing the industry as it was then,(esp. the CD gaming on the CD32 gaming side of things), would grow into the "industry" as it is today? Glad to see CBM's demise didn't see your loss to industry as a whole in any case!
Old 23 July 2006, 12:40   #71
jrom
Wannabe asm coder ;)

@Matt: do check on those disk please (and other you have laying around) .
Old 28 July 2006, 18:24   #72
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Yep please do so, it'd be great to have Putty Squad fully loaded version
Old 29 July 2006, 03:08   #73
BippyM
Global Moderator

Seems he may have joined and fed us this information to whet our appetites and then not deliver

24 days since the initial post sob
Old 29 July 2006, 16:37   #74
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

By the sounds of his original post, he'd certainly sounded busy post Amiga games reviewer, I assume any email contacts have proven unsuccessful to date?
Old 30 July 2006, 10:01   #75
andreas
Zone Friend

Exclamation

Could be.
Anyway, something terrible will happen next:

As RCK regards everyone with < 10 posts "non existent", he will be auto-deleted from this forum after a while, then maybe come back 2 (or 4?) months later, see his account deleted and say

"*Shrug*. Kiss my ass. I wanted to write something but I lost the motivation now."

You see, that auto-deletion "feature" can wreak havoc if "applied" to the wrong guys; even kill the tiny chance of getting the game FOREVER. Only a tiny percentage really have the guts and conviction to re-register.
Old 30 July 2006, 11:51   #76
derSammler

Do you really want to kill the Putty Squad thread with such a discussion? That's solely RCK's decision, so don't use the current situation to criticize it once again, please.

Apart from that, TheWaster said: "I seem to recall it being 3 floppies, and might even still have them.". I wouldn't believe in miracles, as too many people say that they might still have <insert somthing> but then realize that it got lost during a move of home or whatever. Anyway, in this case I guess he simply had no time to look for it yet. There's also no need to fear losing contact to him, not after he posted so much information about what he's doing these days.
Old 02 August 2006, 00:47   #77
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
Do you really want to kill the Putty Squad thread with such a discussion? That's solely RCK's decision, so don't use the current situation to criticize it once again, please.
Sorry but you please note that we're somewhat clutching at straws! And any chance that goes to dust by cause of these "features" worries me. And I'm not going to ask you for permission whether I may worry about it or not.
Old 02 August 2006, 06:49   #78
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

How about just sparing TheWaster from deletion , or is it possible to administer like that?
Old 02 August 2006, 11:59   #79
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

http://members.optusnet.com.au/jrjacobs76/

Last edited by Minuous; 25 October 2006 at 21:54.
Old 02 August 2006, 17:32   #80
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiga2002
How about just sparing TheWaster from deletion , or is it possible to administer like that?
Change the SQL amount of posts to 10?