English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 June 2016, 18:52   #581
TEOL

With indexed mode colour in GIMP and Photoshop making it easier to recolour screenprinted arcade shots as well as the AMIGA RGB Pallette being freely available on wiki I guess it's very possible now for someone to take over at least with the graphics but even then someone has to be doing the programming to make those graphics move too.

R.I.P. Paul. You were the only guy who bothered with trying to port a proper arcade over to the AMIGA like everyone is doing on the C64 with stuff like blah blah blah arcade.

I've always wanted that C64 arcade porting scene to happen on the more powerful hardware miggy and you almost made one game happen almost bringing this most wanted proper arcade ports scene to life you passed way too early.

If this game was sucessfully finished people left right and center would be inspired to make better arcade ports than all the Ocean's and Poo Gold Gamings which were often crap hence Poo Gold Gaming as there is a Poo Gold Animation too named Harmony Gold so I call it Poo Gold Gaming as it's gaming and it's often rubbish when it's by them just like the other Poo Gold on European Dessin ANIME and Japanese ANIME Cartoons.

I hope other people can take on this as well as other projects like all the retro SEGA, Konami and Capcom boards as well as some of the the Megatech/Megaplays/Megadrives so we get some Streetso running on the AMIGA too.

The Megadrive as well as those few arcade cab board types I think uses X68000 processing anyway so it was possible to port things across between both in a lot of games cases but Streetso never made the cut of titles to do so and many of the stuff to be ported was rubbish other than Leander which was a flipped port and made it to the AMIGA before the Megadrive.

The AMIGA could do a lot better than those lazy ST and other X68000 processor systems ports if it made it's own proper programmed ports they would have played a lot better than all the versions we got as this project proved somewaht even on the stage it got to.
Old 05 June 2016, 20:59   #582
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Guys, about graphics, i have devised a new method for dealing with tiles and more generally coin-op assets. And this WAY quickly than before.

I can get out the tiles of a coin-op machine very fast, as well as the right palettes. Final Fight Main difficulty remains the fact that you need to crawl thru the arcade game code to sniff out all the tiledata references, to get the sprites frames for each sprites.
Old 12 June 2016, 07:37   #583
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Guys, about graphics, i have devised a new method for dealing with tiles and more generally coin-op assets. And this WAY quickly than before.

I can get out the tiles of a coin-op machine very fast, as well as the right palettes. Final Fight Main difficulty remains the fact that you need to crawl thru the arcade game code to sniff out all the tiledata references, to get the sprites frames for each sprites.
Or you could adapt CodeTapper's MapTapper to search the ROMs for sprites visually.

I doubt Richard Aplin took the pain to look at the entire disassembly in order to find the sprites, he must have used a simpler and faster solution given the little time he had. Maybe we should ask him, if he still remembers.
Old 17 July 2016, 18:41   #584
Cylon

Just an idea (be gentle with me here):

can leathered's status being changed to something like 'eternal hero of fame' or similar? Just to make sure there are no complaints coming in for not reaching him anymore.

What do you think?
Old 17 July 2016, 18:54   #585
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Or you could adapt CodeTapper's MapTapper to search the ROMs for sprites visually.

I doubt Richard Aplin took the pain to look at the entire disassembly in order to find the sprites, he must have used a simpler and faster solution given the little time he had. Maybe we should ask him, if he still remembers.
Richard extracted the sprites from the physical Arcade Roms no easy task.
Old 17 July 2016, 23:04   #586
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
Richard extracted the sprites from the physical Arcade Roms no easy task.
That's exactly what he did, and there is no other way to do so !

I did it myself, and it's a very boring task, because you have to pick each tile by hand and assemble each sprite frame !
Old 28 December 2016, 00:21   #587
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

in the zone : version 1.7 alpha
1.8 (guy)
1.8 (guy + haggar)
the last one has a 2 players mode.
Tell me if there is troubles to make it run.
Old 28 December 2016, 00:26   #588
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
in the zone : version 1.7 alpha
1.8 (guy)
1.8 (guy + haggar)
the last one has a 2 players mode.
Tell me if there is troubles to make it run.
Oh wow; thanks for the Xmas present turrican3 (and of course leathered)

I might copy your post to the other thread also; Final Fight AGA.
Old 07 January 2017, 10:04   #589
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Just tested latest build...very impressed !!! Gfx/Anim/Sound...

Amiga is wonderfull... good work
Old 07 January 2017, 12:27   #590
Superman

Version 1.8 looks bloody fantasic!
Old 09 December 2017, 20:26   #591
Retro1234
Phone Homer

1.8 seems to include the source, I was thinking maybe we could make this a bit of an open project and all chip in, I'll try and have a look later and maybe try and increase the walking speed.
Old 08 January 2018, 14:25   #592
TurboCrash

Thanks everybody for putting work into this project ! Leathered and the Amiga community deserve the continuation of this project!
Old 16 March 2019, 21:13   #593
RichAplin

Hiya,
I did extract the tilemaps for the sprite frames (and background layers of course) out of the game (this was a long, long time ago so recollection is hazy). All that stuff is in the main 68000 code roms, I recall a fair bit of disassembling and poking around before I found how the game stored them, but there are tables pointing to tables etc that contain the sprite tilemaps. The (much, much) easier way to do this nowadays would be to hack on it using FF running in MAME; you can rip the ram contents, set breakpoints, all that jazz. Back in t'day we had to use two pieces of coal and a knitting needle.